Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Factory Warranty Almost Done

Mileage
    Just north of 30k
    Member #
    Liked
    685 times

Factory Warranty Almost Done

I can't believe I've had my C7 for almost 3 years already. I'll be taking it in soon and wanted to use the collective wisdom of the forum to see what I may have missed on my list.
    The list is actually pretty short - for now.
    1) Rev match on, 1st to second gear shift will hold first gear rpm as you go into second. Did anyone ever figure this out?
    2) Top creak has finally started, I'll poke at the TSB for this one
    3) The drive mode sometimes goes the opposite direction, try to go from E to T, it'll go to W - not position dependent. Sometimes it will go full left 'W' or full right 'Tr' only or freeze in one position of the other. Sometimes this clears, sometimes you need shut down and re-start.

Anything else that is a must do or must check before the expiration date?
    NPRL likes this.

'14 Stingray - Z51, 7 speed, Mag Ride, Clear roof, Chrome wheels, Perf exhaust, Laguna Blue, 3LT Black Int
    - Adopted 1/2/2014

Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    19649 times
    I remember when you got your C7. Almost three years already? I too have your DMS selector issue, and just "put up with it" as it is intermittent. If you find a fix, thanks for posting, for I am sure you and I are not the only ones having this.

Regarding your rev match hold, it might be emissions related and designed that way, for while very, very few other brands have rev match, almost every car brand forum I have been on, more than a few are complaining about "rev hanging" between first and second, and every forum pretty much concludes it is emissions related. (Just guessing here...)
    John

Fortunate owner of "WRP SPD," our Z06! [7M, stage 2+ coupe]. List of mods here:
    Hidden Content

Lifetime & Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum!

Mileage
    3559 as of September 4, 2016.
    Member #
    Liked
    6073 times
    Check the inside top corners of your windshield for cracks. There have been a few recent threads on this subject, with multiple people in each thread saying it has happened to them. If so, be sure to get that replaced under warranty before it expires.
    Boomer and RCjr like this.
    Rodney and C.A.R.O.L.I.N.E. (Candy Apple Red, Outrageously Lovely, Incredibly Nimble Entertainment)

C.A.R.O.L.I.N.E. is a 2016 Long Beach Red, 3LZ, Stage 1, Z06 Coupe with an Automatic 8-speed transmission, the Spice Red Design Package, Competition Seats, a Carbon Flash Hood Stinger, and a Body-Colored Dual Roof Package. She has SunTek paint protective film installed on every painted surface other than on some of the vents' and grille's slats, G3 Carbon's "G3-O7" side skirts, GM StingRay Red Tail Lights, GM Rear Splash Guards from Trunk Monkey, ACS Composite Enhanced Front Wheel Mudflaps from West Coast Corvette, and her mufflers painted with POR15 Aluminum high temperature paint.

4. Remove Advertisements
    StingrayForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2210 times
    Dasyatis: Thank you for your timely thread. I'm scheduled for an oil change this Tues and this will be my final visit to the dealer during the three year warranty period. I will follow the responses you get on this thread.

I mentioned in another thread that I have noticed some flaking of the red paint of the Corvette lettering on the fuel rail covers and I will have them deal with that. Believe it will involve replacement of at least one of the fuel rail covers. So this is also something folks should check.

Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    I plan to buy an extended warranty just before my 3 year warranty expires. Too many expensive electronics components to go with a warranty.
    2016 Torch Red Coupe, 2LT w/Two Tone Black/Adrenaline Red Seats, Showstopper's Custom Painted Plenum w/Airbrushed Cross Flag plus Torch Red Valve Covers w/Airbrushed Stingray Lettering & Emblem, Performance Exhaust, Transparent Top, Red Calipers, GM Splash guards, Corvette Valve Stem Covers, UPR Catch Can, Novistretch Bra, Beltronics Pro Series RX65 Radar Detector, Range Technology AFM Disabler, 3M Pro-Series on Entire Front End, Rockers, Mirrors, Door Sills and Door Cups.

Mileage
    Just north of 30k
    Member #
    Liked
    685 times
    Oh yeah. Also going to get the airbag recall SW update.
    NPRL likes this.

'14 Stingray - Z51, 7 speed, Mag Ride, Clear roof, Chrome wheels, Perf exhaust, Laguna Blue, 3LT Black Int
    - Adopted 1/2/2014

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    I just did my Z51 recall and have put 250 miles. The car runs better and I don't know why!

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    7192 times
    Dasyatis, our factory warranty will expire Mar 2017, so I purchased an extended bumper to bumper warranty this past summer.

SF
    Rick
    2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Masterpiece, Torch Red, Jet Black Interior. Delivered to our home on 2 March 2014 from MacMulkin Chevrolet, Nashua, NH.
    Options: 2LT Package, 6-Speed Automatic Transmission, Chrome Wheels, Performance Exhaust, Navigation, Transparent Roof, Red Brake Calipers, Battery Protection.
    Mods: FormulaOne Performance Tint, CQuartz Sealant, XPEL Ultimate Protection Film (Hood, Front Fenders, Bumper, Mirrors, Headlights, Door Handle Cups, Door Seals), RPI Jack Pucks, WeatherTech Floor Liners.

Member #
    Liked
    639 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rdslon01 View Post
    Check the inside top corners of your windshield for cracks. There have been a few recent threads on this subject, with multiple people in each thread saying it has happened to them. If so, be sure to get that replaced under warranty before it expires.
    My window is ring replaced under warranty this Thursday. Concerns me if it breaks again when out of warranty.

Member #
    Liked
    86 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasyatis View Post
    I can't believe I've had my C7 for almost 3 years already. I'll be taking it in soon and wanted to use the collective wisdom of the forum to see what I may have missed on my list.
    1) Rev match on, 1st to second gear shift will hold first gear rpm as you go into second. Did anyone ever figure this out?
    I have the same issue with the 1-2 shift. Drives me crazy. I was thinking before that is may be related to CAGS (since mine has the defeat device), but that doesn't make sense now that I think about it more; RPM would want to drop even lower than normal to match for 4th gear. Also, why would it be emissions related if it only happens when rev match is enabled? Either way, it's my biggest problem with the car, and unlikely to be resolved.
    I also have the driving mode issue.
    2014 Torch Red / Adrenaline Red, Black wheels, Carbon Flash mirrors/spoiler, Z51, MRC, 7M, 3LT.
    ACS carbon fiber skirts, American Racing headers, Dewitt radiator.

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    6073 times
    For what it is worth to share this data point, I have never experienced any of the driving mode selector issues described in this thread.
    Mack likes this.
    Rodney and C.A.R.O.L.I.N.E. (Candy Apple Red, Outrageously Lovely, Incredibly Nimble Entertainment)

C.A.R.O.L.I.N.E. is a 2016 Long Beach Red, 3LZ, Stage 1, Z06 Coupe with an Automatic 8-speed transmission, the Spice Red Design Package, Competition Seats, a Carbon Flash Hood Stinger, and a Body-Colored Dual Roof Package. She has SunTek paint protective film installed on every painted surface other than on some of the vents' and grille's slats, G3 Carbon's "G3-O7" side skirts, GM StingRay Red Tail Lights, GM Rear Splash Guards from Trunk Monkey, ACS Composite Enhanced Front Wheel Mudflaps from West Coast Corvette, and her mufflers painted with POR15 Aluminum high temperature paint.

Supporting Vendor ChevroletCustomerCare's Avatar
    Member #
    Liked
    620 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MkoSharkII View Post
    I have the same issue with the 1-2 shift. Drives me crazy. I was thinking before that is may be related to CAGS (since mine has the defeat device), but that doesn't make sense now that I think about it more; RPM would want to drop even lower than normal to match for 4th gear. Also, why would it be emissions related if it only happens when rev match is enabled? Either way, it's my biggest problem with the car, and unlikely to be resolved.
    I also have the driving mode issue.
    This certainly isn’t what we like to hear, MkoSharkII. We apologize for any frustration in result of your shifting and drive mode concerns and would like to further investigate. Please send us a private message at your convenience with your VIN, mileage, full contact information, and dealership name. We look forward to speaking with you!

Steph B
    Chevrolet Customer Care
    Mack likes this.

Mileage
    12,390 and holding...
    Member #
    Liked
    2189 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rdslon01 View Post
    For what it is worth to share this data point, I have never experienced any of the driving mode selector issues described in this thread.
    We did on our 14. Drove me crazy. But do not have the problem in the 16. Interesting.

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    6073 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mack View Post
    We did on our 14. Drove me crazy. But do not have the problem in the 16. Interesting.
    I have a 2016 as well.

Member #
    Liked
    1059 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasyatis View Post
    2) Top creak has finally started, I'll poke at the TSB for this one
    3) The drive mode sometimes goes the opposite direction, try to go from E to T, it'll go to W - not position dependent. Sometimes it will go full left 'W' or full right 'Tr' only or freeze in one position of the other. Sometimes this clears, sometimes you need shut down and re-start.

Anything else that is a must do or must check before the expiration date?
    My Z51 past three years in early October.
    Use rev-match 95% of the time, mine allows revs to slow as normal when shifting from 1st to 2nd.
    Drive Mode change is a bit of a pain. I seldom use it as it stays in Sport 95% of the time. When it's below 40F (fortunately not often when I drive) I use Weather Mode. Found it's all in the wrist. Have to make a quick fast movement or it's a guess where it will wind up! If too fast it doesn't move. Can only change one Mode at a time.

When having the dif fluid level checked per a GM request in October 2013 had them update the dash dimmer software. Also just had the seat belt software update. Only two times I have had in in for service, I do my own oil changes etc. Since it was over a year before they came out with the M7 seat recall optional software, what I refer to as hit the start key twice, by then I learned a faster (I think better) way so did not get that installed. While I pull the seat belt over and buckle (easier to reach the belt with the seat back) I simultaneously press and hold my number 1 button with a finger on my left hand. Both actions finish about the same time and I depress the clutch and push the start button once. Note only an issue with standard trans.

Thankfully no other issues a dealer can fix. I still must have a door or windows open to close the hatch. No big deal, I can stand behind my open drives door and push down on the open hatch with one finger and it closes and latches 100% of the time. Also installed a Window Valet that allows me to use the FOB to open and close both windows fully and hatch latches fine.

Unlike my C6 that I had to have the roof latches replaced due to noise, don't have a peep! I also very seldom have the roof off.

I plan to sell my 2014 and buy a GS and not worry about an extended warreanty.
    Last edited by Jerry U; 11-13-2016 at 05:47 AM.
    Hidden Content 2017 Grand Sport, M7, Stage 2 Aero, Machined Faced Wheels, 2.5 LT Red Interior with Red Seat Belts
    C7 Carbon Rear Diffuser

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links