Transparent roof panel..... TOO HOT for Florida! - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Transparent roof panel..... TOO HOT for Florida!

Member #
    Liked
    57 times
    That looks like a Great shade solution, thanks Andrew6! I'll wait to see what some of the reviews on here will be, I'm ~30days from Delivery yet.
    Hidden Content "The Red Knight" Crystal Red Coupe Z-51 2LT Auto, Kalahari w/Suede Micro-fiber, Carbon Fiber Dash, Body-Color/Transparent Dual Roofs, Chrome Wheels, Red Calipers, Full Carbon Flash Dual Racing Stripe, CF Mirrors and Spoiler, MSRC, Performance Exhaust & Navigation. Order placed 4-29-14, "3000" on 4-30-14, TPW 6-2-14 Currently @ "3400" being built Tomorrow? (W&H)

Member #
    Liked
    56 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox View Post
    That looks like a Great shade solution, thanks Andrew6! I'll wait to see what some of the reviews on here will be, I'm ~30days from Delivery yet.
    They've already started shipping so reviews should be out soon. The option for a discount with free shipping won't be around long though.

Member #
    Liked
    57 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew6 View Post
    They've already started shipping so reviews should be out soon. The option for a discount with free shipping won't be around long though.
    How long and how much would shipping be to 28906?
    Hidden Content "The Red Knight" Crystal Red Coupe Z-51 2LT Auto, Kalahari w/Suede Micro-fiber, Carbon Fiber Dash, Body-Color/Transparent Dual Roofs, Chrome Wheels, Red Calipers, Full Carbon Flash Dual Racing Stripe, CF Mirrors and Spoiler, MSRC, Performance Exhaust & Navigation. Order placed 4-29-14, "3000" on 4-30-14, TPW 6-2-14 Currently @ "3400" being built Tomorrow? (W&H)

4. Remove Advertisements
    StingrayForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    200 times
    Hey Silverfox....
    Why do you want one if you own both roofs? Kinda defeats the purpose.

I will buy your solid Crystal Red roof panel if you don't want it. I will also sell you this sunshade as well, because mine will be delivered via UPS on Monday. PM me and let me know what you want to do.

Mark D.
    Mark JD

2019 Grand Sport Convertible, 3LT, Blade Silver with Adrenaline Red interior. Red calipers, CF dash, GS Heritage pkg., Chrome wheels, Auto, GS Console lid. Delivery date: 12/12/2018

Our other ride:
    2017 Cadillac XT5 Luxury >> Black Diamond Tricoat

Member #
    Liked
    57 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark JD View Post
    Hey Silverfox....
    Why do you want one if you own both roofs? Kinda defeats the purpose.

I will buy your solid Crystal Red roof panel if you don't want it. I will also sell you this sunshade as well, because mine will be delivered via UPS on Monday. PM me and let me know what you want to do.

Mark D.
    Hey Mark, When I go to So Fla to visit my sons I'll only be taking the transparent one. SF

Member #
    Liked
    200 times
    Hey Mark, When I go to So Fla to visit my sons I'll only be taking the transparent one. SF
    That's perfect SF.
    I'll meet you down here, give you and install the sunshade on your transparent top, pay you cash for the solid top that you brought with you and we will both be on our way! Well, that is just a thought but if that doesn't fly.... let me give you a little tip....
    If your are coming down here in the Summer.... use your solid top!! Just read this whole thread. It is brutal with the trans. top and why mess with the suction-cup sunshade when you don't have to?

JMHO

Member #
    Liked
    56 times
    How long and how much would shipping be to 28906?
    currently offering free shipping and at $139.99

Super Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    19k+
    Member #
    Liked
    10552 times
    I am pleased to report that the dot matrix film I installed in RedHot's panel https://www.stingrayforums.com/forum/...sun-guard.html works fantastically. Yesterday did a 340 mile drive that started in the mid 80s and ended in the 100 degree temps and the interior stayed very cool. As a matter of fact I was able to keep the interior temp setting 1 degree warmer than before the film install. A super easy and effective fix for about $16.
    Dasyatis likes this.
    aka Jeff
    'RedHot' Prod.Wk 7 Oct '13 Museum Del. 29 Oct '13
    Torch Red, 2LT Adrenaline Red, AutoTrans., Nav., Perf. Exhaust, Transparent panel, Red Brembos, CQuartz Finest
    Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum

Member #
    Liked
    92 times
    Why not use the suction cup interior head lining that they are making now for that roof? There is a thread on the forums where to order one. If I can find it again I'll link it.

CPL Mo USMC Vet

Mileage
    3559 as of September 4, 2016.
    Member #
    Liked
    6073 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RUMFITS View Post
    Why not use the suction cup interior head lining that they are making now for that roof? There is a thread on the forums where to order one. If I can find it again I'll link it.

CPL Mo USMC Vet
    Does the head liner with suction cups have a reflective material on the top-facing surface?
    Rodney and C.A.R.O.L.I.N.E. (Candy Apple Red, Outrageously Lovely, Incredibly Nimble Entertainment)

C.A.R.O.L.I.N.E. is a 2016 Long Beach Red, 3LZ, Stage 1, Z06 Coupe with an Automatic 8-speed transmission, the Spice Red Design Package, Competition Seats, a Carbon Flash Hood Stinger, and a Body-Colored Dual Roof Package. She has SunTek paint protective film installed on every painted surface other than on some of the vents' and grille's slats, G3 Carbon's "G3-O7" side skirts, GM StingRay Red Tail Lights, GM Rear Splash Guards from Trunk Monkey, ACS Composite Enhanced Front Wheel Mudflaps from West Coast Corvette, and her mufflers painted with POR15 Aluminum high temperature paint.

Member #
    Liked
    200 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rdslon01 View Post
    Does the head liner with suction cups have a reflective material on the top-facing surface?
    No.... I'm pretty sure it doesn't. They want to keep it as much invisible from the outside as possible. With 10 suction cups and a reflective material I'm pretty sure it would be quite visible.

I will let you know later today. UPS tracking states "out for delivery"!
    Raydor likes this.
    Mark JD

2019 Grand Sport Convertible, 3LT, Blade Silver with Adrenaline Red interior. Red calipers, CF dash, GS Heritage pkg., Chrome wheels, Auto, GS Console lid. Delivery date: 12/12/2018

Our other ride:

Super Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    19k+
    Member #
    Liked
    10552 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RUMFITS View Post

CPL Mo USMC Vet
    I chose the dot matrix static cling film because it rejects at least 75% if the solar heat (actually with it I feel no solar heat transmitted) and because it still allows some light through into the cabin which I prefer to a totally dark roof panel. Its personal preference. Also some might chose the dot matrix film because it is so inexpensive compared to other options. Also I like my radar detector affixed to the very front of the panel and you can not do that with any of the suction cup reflective or solid panel covers, but you can still do it with the dot matrix by cutting a slit in the film to allow the suction cup to adhere to the panel.
    Last edited by jsvette; 05-19-2014 at 04:11 PM.
    aka Jeff
    'RedHot' Prod.Wk 7 Oct '13 Museum Del. 29 Oct '13
    Torch Red, 2LT Adrenaline Red, AutoTrans., Nav., Perf. Exhaust, Transparent panel, Red Brembos, CQuartz Finest
    Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum

Member #
    Liked
    57 times
    That's perfect SF.
    I'll meet you down here, give you and install the sunshade on your transparent top, pay you cash for the solid top that you brought with you and we will both be on our way! Well, that is just a thought but if that doesn't fly.... let me give you a little tip....
    If your are coming down here in the Summer.... use your solid top!! Just read this whole thread. It is brutal with the trans. top and why mess with the suction-cup sunshade when you don't have to?

JMHO
    I spent 35 years in So FLA, I don't know how I survived.................I know, AC in Car, in Ofc, in Home and in anywhere else I had to go, except fishing & the beach(didn't get there much, but should have, it's 400 miles away now.)

Member #
    Liked
    200 times
    Well.... got it yesterday. This thing is awesome! It's like I own both tops for only $140 extra.
    Held up with 12 suction cups, and you really have to look hard to see them from the outside. I took off the roof panel, set it on carpet, cleaned the inside surface and set it in place. DONE! PERFECT FIT! Looks factory installed. You can not tell this from a normal headliner. They stitched the edges perfectly, added padding so it has a nice cushy feel and needless to say.... it blocks out the heat! Well worth the money. And easy.... no cutting and fitting any stick-on overlays. Plus it will block heat better as it is cool to the touch due to the thickness and padding, overlays still get hot.

I should have taken some before pics to show the s. cups, but here is the pic from the website, little hard to see. Will take some later.
    Name:  sunshade.JPG
Views: 1713
Size:  122.1 KB
    Andrew6, elegant and SilverFox like this.
    Mark JD

Our other ride:

Member #
    Liked
    56 times
    Glad you like it, Only a few more days left of free shipping and special pricing!

DSV Custom Transparent roof shade for C7 Corvette clear top [DSV-C7-Shade] - $139.99 : The Double AA, Corvette and Camaro Modification Products

Well.... got it yesterday. This thing is awesome! It's like I own both tops for only $140 extra.
    Held up with 12 suction cups, and you really have to look hard to see them from the outside. I took off the roof panel, set it on carpet, cleaned the inside surface and set it in place. DONE! PERFECT FIT! Looks factory installed. You can not tell this from a normal headliner. They stitched the edges perfectly, added padding so it has a nice cushy feel and needless to say.... it blocks out the heat! Well worth the money. And easy.... no cutting and fitting any stick-on overlays. Plus it will block heat better as it is cool to the touch due to the thickness and padding, overlays still get hot.

I should have taken some before pics to show the s. cups, but here is the pic from the website, little hard to see. Will take some later.
    Name:  sunshade.JPG
Views: 1713
Size:  122.1 KB
    SilverFox likes this.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links