Transparent roof panel..... TOO HOT for Florida! - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Transparent roof panel..... TOO HOT for Florida!

Member #
    Liked
    200 times
    Gary...
    No movement at all with the windows down. But like Jeff says, this panel is not intended for multiple installs and uninstalls. The suction cups work so good that, I would think it would not be too good to be pulling them off very often. Also, install is tricky... as each cup starts to stick, re-positioning gets harder and harder. I like things perfect, so when mine is put on in the spring, I take a lot of time and care getting it to line up perfectly so that there are no gaps and it looks like a factory installed unit. Everyone who gets my Vette can not believe it did not come with the car.

My procedure for the past 3 years here in southwest Florida has been.... install it in April and remove it in November. Stored wrapped in plastic and laid flat on the floor under the bed! Works for me and still looks brand new!
    Wolf's Stinger likes this.
    Mark JD

2019 Grand Sport Convertible, 3LT, Blade Silver with Adrenaline Red interior. Red calipers, CF dash, GS Heritage pkg., Chrome wheels, Auto, GS Console lid. Delivery date: 12/12/2018

Our other ride:
    2017 Cadillac XT5 Luxury >> Black Diamond Tricoat

Member #
    Liked
    56 times
    Just a thought for future reference when doing install of shade. I know that when I installed tint on my car years and years ago I used a watery substance. Maybe put a bit of soapy water or something on the suction cups to allow for you to adjust. The water will evaporate and you'll be able to install a bit quicker.

Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Park under trees!!
    2015 Arctic White Z51. Machined black wheels, yellow brake calipers, competition seats, carbon flash mirrors and spoiler, transparent roof.

4. Remove Advertisements
    StingrayForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2335 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sciros View Post
    Park under trees!!

Hmmmmmmm, is this a trade off for birds and tree sap?

Gus
    2015 Stingray Coupe — AW, 2LT, 7M, Black Interior, NPP Exhaust, NAV/PDR, 5 Spoke 18/19 Black Wheels, Visible Carbon Fiber Roof, Carbon Flash Painted Spoiler (w/white mirrors), Carbon Flash Emblems, Gorilla Black Lug Nuts, Painted Stinger, MGW Shifter, RPI Design Side Skirts, "Spice Black" Powder Coated Wheels

••• SOLD •••• 20MARCH2017

Ordered 12/23/14, Produced 3/5/15, Shipped 3/11/15, Dealer 3/13/15, Drove 140 miles home from Dealer 29March2015. It was a beautiful day!

Mileage
    17000+ W&C I, II & III
    Member #
    Liked
    6045 times
    Good afternoon everyone. Since summer is in full swing and I have the transparent roof, I thought I'd resurrect this old thread. Over four years ago I bought the headliner with suction cups but never felt the need for it. Well, the summers here have been getting hotter and more humid and yesterday was really bad. Temps in the low 90's and dew points around 70°. My Stingray baked at the golf course for 4+ hours and because of construction, my trip home was several miles of stop an go traffic.

So this morning I installed the liner, ran some errands and left the car in the driveway for a few hours. Of course there is a noticeable improvement in cabin temps but an unexpected benefit is the liner reduces interior noise. Also, as others have posted the suction cups are not visible.

The drawbacks: obviously the liner eliminates the "open" feeling of the interior and it slightly reduces headroom (a concern for someone like me with my 6'6" frame).

Name:  20190702_140640.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  1.03 MB
    Last edited by Henry427; 07-02-2019 at 01:44 PM.
    Paul

2015 Stingray: 1LT Blade Silver, A8, ZF1 Package, Transparent Top, NPP Exhaust, Red Calipers, Carbon Flash Mirrors, Spoiler and Stinger Stripe.

Mods: 2018 OEM Satin Black/Red Stripe Wheels, OEM Z06 Splitter, Z51 Sway Bars, Elite Catch Can. Z06 Grille with Blade Silver Ducts, Stage 2 Rocker Skirts,

A&A Supercharger

National Corvette Museum Member

Hidden Content

Member #
    Liked
    1219 times
    Henry, glad to hear that this is working out for you. I have the transparent top on my C4 and always try to park it in the shade when I can because it gets so hot even up here in PA. My C7 has the matching color CF roof that does an excellent job of keeping things just a little bit cooler.
    Henry427 likes this.
    2015 blade silver Z51 3LT A8 Stingray, jet black interior, competition seats, Z51 style chrome rims. Suntek clear bra, carbon flash metallic custom stinger stripe, side mirrors and rear spoiler.
    1986 two-tone silver over grey C4 survivor coupe with slate blue interior and only 47k miles.

Member #
    Liked
    720 times
    That was one of the first things I noticed with mine. Noise reduction!
    Henry427 likes this.
    2016, 1LT Long Beach Red Metallic Tintcoat, Transparent Roof Panel, Body Color Painted Vents, 8-Speed Paddle, Performance Exhaust, Performance Data Video Recorder with Navigation, 3M Bra, Borla X-Pipe, Build date 10/14/2015, Stage two Spoiler.

Member #
    Liked
    200 times
    Okay all Coupe owners..... Here's the deal....

If anyone wants one of these suction-cup headliners, send me an IM and I have one for you..... and it is FREE!

I traded my 2014 Coupe in on a 2019 Grand Sport convertible and did not want to give the headliner to the dealer. It is in excellent shape, hardly ever used.

Here's the catch.... You have to come and get it. NO... I will not ship... it even if you pay for the shipping. I would have to find a box large enough for it or have one made. I am not going through all of that for non-profit. That's why I never put it on eBay.

So if you live in my area or anywhere around Venice, Florida, or want to take a nice road trip.... It's yours, just come and get it. Venice is one hour south of Tampa.
    (By the way.... see my above posts.... these things are great! and look great too.)

First reply-er gets it.

Mark
    Mark JD

2019 Grand Sport Convertible, 3LT, Blade Silver with Adrenaline Red interior. Red calipers, CF dash, GS Heritage pkg., Chrome wheels, Auto, GS Console lid. Delivery date: 12/12/2018

Our other ride:
    2017 Cadillac XT5 Luxury >> Black Diamond Tricoat

Member #
    Liked
    1128 times
    I have the same suction cup liner and love it. In the summer I just keep the solid roof on, but when the cooler weather comes around we switch to the clear roof and pop the liner in when parked or when the sun is right overhead (assuming the roof is on at all). Highly recommended!
    Current: 2019 Coupe, Z06, 3LZ, Elkhart Lake Blue, Jet Black.
    Former: 2015 Coupe, LT1, Z51 3LT, Laguna Blue, Jet Black.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Sponsored Links