2015 - 2017 Corvette: Shake and/or Shudder During Light Throttle Between 25 and 80 mp - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: 2015 - 2017 Corvette: Shake and/or Shudder During Light Throttle Between 25 and 80 mp

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    7189 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dgbenn1964 View Post
    500 Miles after Flushing the transmission shudders have gone and smooth shifting.
    Dgbenn1964, that is great news that your C7 Masterpiece is squared away for some wheel time.

SF
    Rick
    2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Masterpiece, Torch Red, Jet Black Interior. Delivered to our home on 2 March 2014 from MacMulkin Chevrolet, Nashua, NH.
    Options: 2LT Package, 6-Speed Automatic Transmission, Chrome Wheels, Performance Exhaust, Navigation, Transparent Roof, Red Brake Calipers, Battery Protection.
    Mods: FormulaOne Performance Tint, CQuartz Sealant, XPEL Ultimate Protection Film (Hood, Front Fenders, Bumper, Mirrors, Headlights, Door Handle Cups, Door Seals), RPI Jack Pucks, WeatherTech Floor Liners.

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    389 times
    I experienced the shudder for the first time driving to a show on Friday. My 2016 Z06 is at just over 9000 miles.

It wasn't as bad on the drive home Sunday when it was cooler.

I'll be due for an oil change soon so I will talk to my service adviser while I'm there.

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    142 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dbruba View Post
    They have not done a trans flush at this point. They suggested that after this Fast Learn procedure, I should drive it for a couple hundred miles and allow the trans to learn the shift patterns again. If I am still experiencing the problem after a couple hundred miles, they can entertain doing the trans flush. The challenge will be getting good enough weather to get that drive time in before I need to store the car for winter. We'll see. For what it's worth, the car did shift a lot smoother on the way home tonight.
    So now that Ruby is out of hibernation and I have driven a few hundred miles, the shudder is clearly back. I have an oil change coming up, so I will push to have the trans flushed . Seems from other posts here that it will fix the problem. I hope so. One thing I did notice after having the "fast relearn" procedure done was that the thud I would feel from downshifts while coming to a stop are gone. That's a good thing. Now I just want to get rid of the shudder. Does anyone have the TSB number related to this that I can share with the dealership?
    Hidden Content

2016 Z51 2LT A8 Chrome Wheels Long Beach Red... "Ruby"

4. Remove Advertisements
    StingrayForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    711 times
    So now that Ruby is out of hibernation and I have driven a few hundred miles, the shudder is clearly back. I have an oil change coming up, so I will push to have the trans flushed . Seems from other posts here that it will fix the problem. I hope so. One thing I did notice after having the "fast relearn" procedure done was that the thud I would feel from downshifts while coming to a stop are gone. That's a good thing. Now I just want to get rid of the shudder. Does anyone have the TSB number related to this that I can share with the dealership?
    Here is a link to it: 2015 - 2017 Corvette: Service Bulletin: Shake and/or Shudder During Light Throttle Acceleration Between 25 and 80 MPH (40 and 128 KM/H) at a Steady State
    U.S. Marine likes this.
    2016, 1LT Long Beach Red Metallic Tintcoat, Transparent Roof Panel, Body Color Painted Vents, 8-Speed Paddle, Performance Exhaust, Performance Data Video Recorder with Navigation, 3M Bra, Borla X-Pipe, Build date 10/14/2015, Stage two Spoiler.

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    142 times
    Thanks a ton! I hope the dealership doesn't give me the runaround when I bring it in.
    Hidden Content

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    142 times
    Final update (I hope). Yesterday, I picked up Ruby after spending a week at the dealership getting the TC replaced. They ran a series of tests that recreated the problem, but instead of replacing the trans fluid, they said I needed a new TC. I do have to say that in the limited driving I have done since getting it back that i have noticed two things. No shudder so far, and there was a decent kick when the car shifted from 1st to second that is gone now also. I hope this is the end of the drama, and I can just enjoy driving Ruby without any more issues like this. Looking forward to a great summer with many fun drives ahead. I attached a couple of pics that the service manager sent me of Ruby getting fixed (One pick of the underside, and another of the tech who did the work. Thanks to Chevy of Palatine, IL (formerly Grossinger Chevy) for taking such good care of Ruby.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    jsvette and elegant like this.
    Hidden Content

Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Sorry I did not follow up earlier. Dealer spent a lot of time investigating and finally determined the real cause was inboard passenger side CV joint. That required a new diff (housing damage) and half shaft.

solved the part throttle vibration issues and no issues since.

moral: find a tech & service manager that want to find root cause - not just swap parts.
    elegant, jsvette and Ateupjoe like this.

Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    19629 times
    drwho, so glad you problem was diagnosed and fixed to your satisfaction.
    John

Fortunate owner of "WRP SPD," our Z06! [7M, stage 2+ coupe]. List of mods here:
    Hidden Content

Lifetime & Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum!

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Shuddering is back.. All was good after fluid change.. Now at 22000 miles it’s back.. Going to Dealership on Monday.

Super Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    19k+
    Member #
    Liked
    10399 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dgbenn1964 View Post
    Shuddering is back.. All was good after fluid change.. Now at 22000 miles it’s back.. Going to Dealership on Monday.
    Sorry to hear that. See post #34 re TSB and take it to your dealer.
    aka Jeff
    'RedHot' Prod.Wk 7 Oct '13 Museum Del. 29 Oct '13
    Torch Red, 2LT Adrenaline Red, AutoTrans., Nav., Perf. Exhaust, Transparent panel, Red Brembos, CQuartz Finest
    Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    871 times
    These fluid changes may be a bandaid, not a fix. Would be interesting to plot how many miles are driven after fluid change until the shuddering returns.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
    krauty likes this.
    Hidden Content

COL(Ret), US Army
    Hagerstown MD
    2016 Stingray Coupe-My First Corvette
    LBT/Grey/2LT/A8/NavPDR/Body Color Vents/Performance Exhaust
    Continental DWS06 Tires
    Mason Dixon Corvette Club

Mileage
    8,395 miles as of April 2018 and counting.!.
    Member #
    Liked
    122 times
    While my 2014 Z51 has an M7, my 2017 Colorado has the similar A8 bolted to a V6. Shudder started around 10,000 miles but very subtle. After about 200 miles from first recognition it was very noticeable. Brought it into dealer this past Wednesday. Dealer test drove and within 5 minutes of driving he went straight to the conclusion the flush would not resolve the issue long term. Replacing the TC with the updated version and the new fluid. Waiting on getting it back. Based on talking with the Chevy dealer's "tranny" guy, he no longer counts how many A8 TC issues come into the shop. I agree with a previous comment in this thread that the flush is a band-aid approach. The tranny guy commented that the updated version of the TC will be required to permanently resolve the shudder, just "when?" is the real question. The fluid breaks down over time and use, where the shudder could reappear. As he said, on some TCs the flush may resolve it for the life of the vehicle under your ownership, only time will tell. All the best out there with this A8 challenge.
    VR, USARocketman

2017 Colorado Z71 (my DD)
    2014 Corvette StingRay Z51 (weekend car)
    2013 Lexus RX350 (wife's DD)

Member #
    Liked
    74 times
    just had my a8 trans flushed for the second time.didn't make it home from dealership and it shuttered again.Service writer says it needs tourqe converter and says GM will not let them put 1 in. well i went and bought an additional5 year and 50,000 mile extender GM warranty and told them now trhey will live with me till 2023.I'm not real happy. First a blown motor and now this, maybe GM needs to find out what is causing this, i'm sure im not the only one. I had the same trans problem with my2015 and gm helped me buy a 16 and the 16 is worse than the 15

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    the torque converter was replaced by gm on my 15 and the problem has not come back. knock on wood.
    krauty likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    20 times

2015 - 2017 Corvette: Shake and/or Shudder During Light Throttle Between 25 and 80 mp

My shutter is back at 12,871 miles. Took it into dealer who verified it was the TC. Service advisor said the TC was under warranty but the fluid was not covered. Would cost about $300 to change the fluid. Anybody else have this issue. What should I tell he SA?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ronjohn11; 04-09-2019 at 10:43 AM.
    A8, 2016 Laguna Blue with matching roof, 2LT, Nav and PDR, Red Calipers, Red Wheel Bands, Z51 Rear Air Deflector, Grey Interior, Splash guards (front and rear).

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links