Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Like Tree1250Likes

Thread: Ron Fellows Follow Up- Post-School Impressions

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich427 View Post
    Definitely worth the price for 3 days! It is easy to look at the price and say it costs $1100 for the 3rd day, like Al suggested. But I prefer to look at it as a $1745 discount over the normal price of the 3 day event. Without the GM discount $3895, with the GM discount $2150. The third day you will spend more time on the track refining what you were taught during the first two days. Just my opinion!
    I agree!!

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum
    jsvette likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    80 times
    Hope this is the right place to post this.

Can anyone give me a sense of the cost of the stay, meals etc. that are top of the driving school costs itself. Considering this as a present to myself and my wife once our C7 arrives in August. We will fly in likely from Detroit, what would be the closest airport? Thanks !

Super Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    19k+
    Member #
    Liked
    10555 times
    Quote Originally Posted by C7DriverOnt View Post

Can anyone give me a sense of the cost of the stay, meals etc. that are top of the driving school costs itself. Considering this as a present to myself and my wife once our C7 arrives in August. We will fly in likely from Detroit, what would be the closest airport? Thanks !
    The Ron Fellows Stingray Performance driving school is held in Nevada, not Detroit, and the reduced cost of the 2 day school to owners is inclusive of the school, lunches, and the use of one of their on site condos for the first night. Breakfast is $8 and dinner is on your own.
    aka Jeff
    'RedHot' Prod.Wk 7 Oct '13 Museum Del. 29 Oct '13
    Torch Red, 2LT Adrenaline Red, AutoTrans., Nav., Perf. Exhaust, Transparent panel, Red Brembos, CQuartz Finest
    Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum

4. Remove Advertisements
    StingrayForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    80 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jsvette View Post
    The Ron Fellows Stingray Performance driving school is held in Nevada, not Detroit, and the reduced cost of the 2 day school to owners is inclusive of the school, lunches, and the use of one of their on site condos for the first night. Breakfast is $8 and dinner is on your own.
    We are flying in from Detroit, what would be the closest airport to the school?

Super Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    19k+
    Member #
    Liked
    10555 times
    We are flying in from Detroit, what would be the closest airport to the school?
    Sorry missed the 'fly in likely from Detroit.' McCarran International Airport in Las Vegas is the closest. First call the school since I think they may have deals for rentals from the airport. It is an easy 1 hour drive from the airport to the school.
    C7DriverOnt likes this.
    aka Jeff
    Torch Red, 2LT Adrenaline Red, AutoTrans., Nav., Perf. Exhaust, Transparent panel, Red Brembos, CQuartz Finest

Member #
    Liked
    80 times
    Great, maybe we will work out a few days in Vegas and tag it onto the driving school. Thanks ! Just need to get my car first , come on GM !

Super Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    19k+
    Member #
    Liked
    10555 times
    Ah, just a minor snag, eh? Great, when you do come to Vegas let me know and perhaps we can get together. I have had the pleasure of meeting a number of our members when they attended Ron Fellows.
    C7DriverOnt likes this.
    aka Jeff

Mileage
    21000+
    Member #
    Liked
    260 times

I think anyone who has been there (me included) will say that it is worth staying AT Spring Mountain's condos. GM will comp you ONE night, with either two day or three day school (guess they had to cut back somewhere) additional nights are $110 for minimum accommodations (which are very nice condos). Being on site makes it very easy to show up for class at 8:00 AM, even with having breakfast (there). Even though I drove my C7 from Wisconsin, I think the drive from the airport would be in the vicinity of an hour. Dinner is not always served at the grill at Spring Mountain, but Pahrump is not far away, with numerous restaurants. When I was in Las Vegas I went to a place (with a friend who lives in Vegas) that I'd seen on 'Triple D' (Diners, Drive ins and Dives), Four Kegs Restaurant and Sports bar... very cool place! Small town vibe, with Stromboli's being the specialty... yummy.
    Name:  RF0607130.JPG
Views: 395
Size:  1.43 MB
    C7DriverOnt and Nitro C7 like this.
    Al K.
    ordered 10/01/2013 - Picked up on Nov 22, 2013
    first - maroon '66 conv 327/300 4 spd w/AC, second - red '84 Z51 coupe auto, third - yellow '03 conv auto, forth - '14 torch red/adrenaline red, 7 spd, 2LT

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    I was told that they are doing the schools at the new South Track and Building now.

Is that true? I haven't run the new section of the track but have a lot of laps on the 2.2, 3.1, and 3.5 mile configurations.

Member #
    Liked
    5341 times
    Quote Originally Posted by WB6HRO View Post
    I was told that they are doing the schools at the new South Track and Building now.

Is that true? I haven't run the new section of the track but have a lot of laps on the 2.2, 3.1, and 3.5 mile configurations.
    When they have a Monday-Wednesday 3 Day Level 1 Class running the same week as their Tuesday-Wednesday 2 Day Level 1 Class, the 3 Day Class runs the 2.2 mile track and the 2 Day Class runs the 1.5 mile track.

Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    I know it's been mentioned, but would I be disappointed by not taking the 3 day course? I'm taking the course mainly to learn even though it is fun of course. Could I save a G and just spend a day at my local track? Thx guys

Mileage
    21000+
    Member #
    Liked
    260 times
    Quote Originally Posted by zimm888 View Post
    I know it's been mentioned, but would I be disappointed by not taking the 3 day course? I'm taking the course mainly to learn even though it is fun of course. Could I save a G and just spend a day at my local track? Thx guys
    I guess it's a case of not missing what you didn't get. After two days, you'll be very satisfied with what you've experienced to date... that third day is primarily track time... and the big difference between a local track day and running at Spring Mountain is - you run THEIR cars flat out, without any concern for fuel, tires, brake pads or other wear items. I think everyone who has taken that third day, will agree it was worth it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app
    zimm888 likes this.
    Al K.
    ordered 10/01/2013 - Picked up on Nov 22, 2013
    first - maroon '66 conv 327/300 4 spd w/AC, second - red '84 Z51 coupe auto, third - yellow '03 conv auto, forth - '14 torch red/adrenaline red, 7 spd, 2LT

Member #
    Liked
    5341 times
    If you have any other need for the money skip the third day for now and go back and take the third day when you take the level 2 class. If you don't have any other need for the extra thousand dollars take the third day now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app
    zimm888 likes this.
    Hidden Content
    Current Corvettes: C7 2017 Grand Sport Coupe, C5 2003 50th Anniversary Vert, C4 1991 Bright Red ZR-1, C2 1963 L88 Grand Sport Roadster

Previous Corvettes: C7 2015 Night Race Blue Coupe, C7 2014 Velocity Yellow Coupe, C6 2013 Night Race Blue GS Vert, C6 2012 Blade Silver Coupe, C5 2004 Lemans Blue Vert, C5 2003 Black Z06, C5 1999 Navy Blue Metallic Vert, C5 1999 Magnetic Red-II, C5 1998 Light Pewter Metallic Coupe, C4 1994 Competition Yellow Vert, C4 1989 Charcoal Metallic Vert, C3 1980 Silver Coupe, C3 1973 Dark Blue Metallic Coupe, C2 1964 Daytona Blue Metallic Coupe, C1 1962 Roman Red Roadster

Mileage
    going to be alot!
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    I am doing the two day class October 6 & 7. Anyone else signed up for this class yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Thanks for the advice boys, we all know that we all want to do the 3 days. I'm trying to convince myself otherwise for some reason, feeling like I've been too reckless with coin for over a year now lol. I should just book it and forget about it. We'll see.
    V1 VR likes this.

Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links