Torque converter shudder - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Torque converter shudder

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ken1017 View Post
    Hello all, guess what? I have the same issue and more. First the transmission, always had shifting issues, complained, nothing done. It would not downshift to the correct lower gear when approaching a corner or a stop sign. The when you accelerate, engine speeds up, then shifts down resulting in a good jolt. Now I have the shudder issues, almost all the time at speeds 30 and higher. Very disturbing on smooth roads, entire car vibrates, alarmingly. No check engine light ever came on but OnStar recently sent a message 'immediate attention' regarding engine/transmission. Took to the dealer where I purchased, is still sitting there waiting for when they can get to it. Agree, I now will have a repaired vehicle. A wrecked body or serious mechanical issue, what's the diff, no longer like new. And if that's not enough, gas gauge not working properly, levels constantly change, sometimes can be full and it shows empty. Even with 4 error codes, dealer did not repair, claimed GM would not pay, guessing because it was 'kinda' working. What good are error codes if they are ignored. Am not the only one with this issue. Disappointed in my dealer who claim 'we want to earn your business,' well, they are not trying at all. This (and previous) Corvettes are all special to me and taken care of, hurts to see it sitting outside for days getting filthy dirty. Am sure they will drive it in the rain too. IF I get another Vette, Maxie Price sounds like the place to go. Disappointed on how I am being treated, what good is a warranty anyway. Great way to lose a loyal customer.
    Sorry about that but your house is beautiful!!!!

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Should be covered. They going to put old fluid in new torque converter?

Member #
    Liked
    74 times
    I'm on the third flush and they still won't replace the converter. Been driving Corvettes for 52 years and will never buy another one

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links