Phil (SilverVert) - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Phil (SilverVert)

Member #
    Liked
    66 times
    Rest In Peace Phil (SilverVert)
    2016 Z06, Artic White, Adrenaline Red, A8, 2LZ, Chrome Wheels, 35% window tint, Dual roofs, PDR, Nav. Sold: 16 Torch Red Stingray Z51, 3LT. 7 speed manual. Dual roof package and black wheels.'16 Black Stingray 1LT, A8, NPP, black wheels and black chrome. '79 C3 Silver Stingray

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    346 times
    Norm,

Thanks for posting your tribute to your friend. Sorry to hear this news. I believe you introduced me to Phil at Ocean City last October......

Richard
    Richard & Angie
    Gettysburg, PA

2017 Grand Sport 3LT Arctic White / Red A8
    2016 2LT Coupe Laguna Blue/Gray A8 (GM Buy Back)
    2013 60th Anniv 427 Vert (Sold)
    8 other Vettes over the years before these...
    first one was a '65 Roadster 327/300 Nassau Blue with white int. and top

Mileage
    3559 as of September 4, 2016.
    Member #
    Liked
    6067 times
    May Phil rest in peace.
    Rodney and C.A.R.O.L.I.N.E. (Candy Apple Red, Outrageously Lovely, Incredibly Nimble Entertainment)

C.A.R.O.L.I.N.E. is a 2016 Long Beach Red, 3LZ, Stage 1, Z06 Coupe with an Automatic 8-speed transmission, the Spice Red Design Package, Competition Seats, a Carbon Flash Hood Stinger, and a Body-Colored Dual Roof Package. She has SunTek paint protective film installed on every painted surface other than on some of the vents' and grille's slats, G3 Carbon's "G3-O7" side skirts, GM StingRay Red Tail Lights, GM Rear Splash Guards from Trunk Monkey, ACS Composite Enhanced Front Wheel Mudflaps from West Coast Corvette, and her mufflers painted with POR15 Aluminum high temperature paint.

4. Remove Advertisements
    StingrayForums.com
    Advertisements

Mileage
    On me or the car?
    Member #
    Liked
    810 times
    So sorry to read this news. I reached out to him last year as I recognized a treatment he was having as I have gone through a similar battle. Didn't get much info from him about his struggle but wanted to reach out to offer an ear. Truly disappointed he was lost this curse of a disease.
    2015 3LT/Z51 Convertible. Arctic White with Black Top, Black Leather and Sueade interior with white stitching and with Carbon Fiber Tonneau cover. Carbon Flash emblems and Competition Seats.

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    7192 times
    Norm, thanks for the heads up. I enjoyed reading his threads and post on SRF. Phil, another Brother has transferred to Heaven to serve at his final post.

SF
    Rick
    2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Masterpiece, Torch Red, Jet Black Interior. Delivered to our home on 2 March 2014 from MacMulkin Chevrolet, Nashua, NH.
    Options: 2LT Package, 6-Speed Automatic Transmission, Chrome Wheels, Performance Exhaust, Navigation, Transparent Roof, Red Brake Calipers, Battery Protection.
    Mods: FormulaOne Performance Tint, CQuartz Sealant, XPEL Ultimate Protection Film (Hood, Front Fenders, Bumper, Mirrors, Headlights, Door Handle Cups, Door Seals), RPI Jack Pucks, WeatherTech Floor Liners.

Mileage
    W&C I, II, & III, Mileage 31K+
    Member #
    Liked
    14216 times
    Photo of Pauline and Phil c. 1990.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Hidden Content

CnC JCS USA USN USMC USCG USAF USAR USNR USMCR USCGR USAFR ARNG ANG USMM NOAA USPHS AUS CSA Police/Fire/EMS/EMT

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE

Member: NCM, FSCC, CCCUK

2016 Z06 Black Coupe A8
    1975 L-82 Bright Blue Stingray TT A3

“All Corvettes are high performance… it’s just a matter of degree.”

Member #
    Liked
    429 times
    Sorry to hear of your friends passing. I know loss to cancer to well myself. We have loss two members of our club this year. John
    2015 sharkgray 3lt z51 8 speed auto convertable with gray top sharkgray vents Crome wheels carbon fiber interior blade silver full length duel racing stripe red calipers magnetic ride

Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    19648 times
    I never met Phil, but we had more than a few personal conversations using private messages. He was a fine person — and that is a massive understatement.

RIP Phil. You were a great person!
    John

Fortunate owner of "WRP SPD," our Z06! [7M, stage 2+ coupe]. List of mods here:
    Hidden Content

Lifetime & Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum!

Supporting Vendor Mike Furman@Criswell's Avatar
    Mileage
    1967 Corvette Cpe. Marina Blue/White/Blue int NCRS Member #19053 and Lifetime Corvette Museum #3003
    Member #
    Liked
    8307 times
    Phil was a good friend to all. I will miss seeing his easy going smile. I enjoyed every moment of his Corvette delivery but more importantly, thank you Norm for introducing us. What a fine person.
    elegant likes this.
    Mike Furman
    301 212 4420 desk direct
    Criswell Chevrolet
    Hidden Content
    Off Fridays and Sundays
    ~NCRS Member #19053 and Corvette Museum Lifetime Member #3003.

Hidden Content

Mileage
    21000+
    Member #
    Liked
    260 times
    Norm, what sad news... and a great tribute you wrote for him... Looks like he was quite a guy... I got to meet him one time... at your place, when I drove east several years ago... I still have the video of me following the two of you, in a hurricane induced frog choker of a downpour... driving to the start of a FSCC mystery cruise at the Smyrna rest stop (where the skies miraculously creared). My thoughts are with you, and all that knew Phil.
    Al
    Al K.
    ordered 10/01/2013 - Picked up on Nov 22, 2013
    first - maroon '66 conv 327/300 4 spd w/AC, second - red '84 Z51 coupe auto, third - yellow '03 conv auto, forth - '14 torch red/adrenaline red, 7 spd, 2LT

Member #
    Liked
    61 times
    Hey Norm, I didn’t know Phil but your post clearly was a well written tribute to a special man! RIP Phil you had a lot of good friends!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    My Heartfelt Condolences Sorry to lose a Vette Family Member and a True Veteran

Mileage
    W&C I, II, & III, Mileage 31K+
    Member #
    Liked
    14216 times
    For those that would be interested and close enough that you may want to attend, Phil and his wife Pauline will be interned together at Arlington National Cemetery on October 15, 2019, 1500 hrs. I anticipate a large Corvette presence of friends to attend.
    If interested, send a pm to me for further info.
    Thanks.
    Hidden Content

CnC JCS USA USN USMC USCG USAF USAR USNR USMCR USCGR USAFR ARNG ANG USMM NOAA USPHS AUS CSA Police/Fire/EMS/EMT

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE

Member: NCM, FSCC, CCCUK

2016 Z06 Black Coupe A8
    1975 L-82 Bright Blue Stingray TT A3

“All Corvettes are high performance… it’s just a matter of degree.”

Member #
    Liked
    280 times
    Wow!

I about a week ago stumbled across this picture and I thought it was the most beautiful picture of any C7.

Now, in reading this post which goes back to 2018, it really brought tears to me as for the last 9 months my youngest 25 yr old son and only boy of 3 had gone through Chemotherapy for Lymphoma Cancer which has been challenging for the wife and I. Fortunately, we just received a good report that they think they got all the cancer and we thank God for his blessing and modern day medicine.

May Phil (SilverVert) and his wife that preceded him in death Rest in Peace! This has really hit home and I don't seem to be able to stop crying thinking of my son and this Journey that we have been on through this ugly Cancer diagnosis. My son use to bring up that I promised my 1996 to him but sold it with 9k miles to get him through college totally debt free. However, this well kept C7 is willed to him on my demise or transition of death.

Thank God for Phil and his wife but more importantly I thank God for the time given for him to be a blessing to his family and also to the corvette community. Rest in Peace! RIP

Interesting and coincidental is that my entire family went to college in Washington DC and my son lives in DC. I traveled every month for the last 9 months to DC for Chemo Treatment and Stayed for a Week following treatment to care for my son and have been in Arlington many of times.

This is really emotional as I am reflecting over the last 9 months!

Name:  Silver C7.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  208.7 KBName:  silver c77.png
Views: 23
Size:  814.7 KB
    Last edited by kgrant; 05-22-2019 at 12:08 AM.
    rdslon01 and German like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links