2015 C7 A8 corvette repeat Transmission trouble - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: 2015 C7 A8 corvette repeat Transmission trouble

Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Thanks RMorin49. I was aware of that TSB, thought it was for the shudder and had thought there was another. I will pass it along to my son!! He has a new Traverse that he is having issues with.

Member #
    Liked
    1189 times
    This is great info to have since I also have a 15 A8 that has thankfully given me no problems. If they act up, I know where to turn.

Senior, hopefully Customer Care has assisted you. I have found them to be useful when my windshield cracked for no reason a couple of years ago.

Let us know how you make out.
    2015 blade silver Z51 3LT A8 Stingray, jet black interior, competition seats, Z51 style chrome rims. Suntek clear bra, carbon flash metallic custom stinger stripe, side mirrors and rear spoiler.
    1986 two-tone silver over grey C4 survivor coupe with slate blue interior and only 47k miles.

Mileage
    On me or the car?
    Member #
    Liked
    786 times
    I'm kind of unsure on this issue. I have had some described hesitation when first placing into drive after sitting for a few days in the garage. This happens only when i do not let it run for a minute or two before going for a gear. I also noticed it is not as bad if I first shift to neutral before going for drive. Never thought much of it as i just blamed it on the fluid not getting up into the moving parts when first starting it up and being cold. Once it is even a little "warmed" up I have not had any issue. Wondering now if I have an issue or not?
    2015 3LT/Z51 Convertible. Arctic White with Black Top, Black Leather and Sueade interior with white stitching and with Carbon Fiber Tonneau cover. Carbon Flash emblems and Competition Seats.

4. Remove Advertisements
    StingrayForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Good news from GM, they just shipped a new Transmission out to the Dealer. Will be installed shortly. Thanks GM.

Super Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    44 miles a day
    Member #
    Liked
    2921 times
    Outstanding!
    jsvette likes this.
    NCM Lifetime MemberXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXHaving trouble searching the forum? Try a Google search "[keyword] site:Hidden Content Vettenessa: 2015 Arctic White/Adrenaline Red 3LT Z51 M7 Coupe, Exposed Carbon Fiber Roof, GT seats, Performance data recorder, Carbon fiber instrument panel, Carbon flash badge package, Carbon flash spoiler and mirrors, Magnetic selective ride control, Performance exhaust, Electronic limited slip rear differential, Red painted brake calibers, Black machined aluminum wheels. Ordered on 10/23/2014. Status code 3000 on 12/18/2014. Status code 3300 on 01/15/15. TPW 01/26/15. Produced 01/15. Arrived 02/12/15.
    Hidden Content Valentine's Day
    2016 BASH
    Forum Rules
    Vendor Rules
    For-Sale Rules
    Business Rules
    Introductions
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    267 times
    My experience has not been the best. I have a 2015 A8 that I purchased June 2015. I first experienced the delayed engagement issue around the 5,000 mike mark. (For me it happens when the car sits overnight, but not if it sits longer than that.). First time to the dealer they reprogrammed the TCM. Problem went away but reappeared again after about another 4-5k miles. Second time to the dealer, this time they did the relearning procedure. Problem went away and then again, like clockwork, reappeared after another 5-6K miles. Third time to the dealer, this time also was experi ncing the shuddering issue, GM had the dealer replace the trans. That was November 2017.

Fast forward to August 2018 at around 22,000 miles, and here we go again. I brought the car in about a week and a half ago, GM instructed the dealer to “open up the trans and look for damage” (keep in mind this was a new trans with less than6K miles on it). Of course no damage was found, so they reprogrammed all controllers and confirmed the problem did not repeat after an overnight soak. I will pick up the vehicle tomorrow, just in time to enjoy it for another couple of weeks before hibernation.

Needless to say I am not thrilled by how this has been handled, and I am predicting a recurrence of the issue late next summer. Anyone else had a similar, “untreatable” experience?

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    You read my initial complaint. I just got my car back with a brand new Transmission. So far so good. I hope this one lasts more than 5,000 miles.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I got my car back yesterday with a brand new transmission installed. Warranty. I hope this one will last longer. So far so good. Thanks GM.

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    7191 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SENIOR View Post
    I got my car back yesterday with a brand new transmission installed. Warranty. I hope this one will last longer. So far so good. Thanks GM.
    SENIOR, outstanding news!!!!

SF
    Rick
    2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Masterpiece, Torch Red, Jet Black Interior. Delivered to our home on 2 March 2014 from MacMulkin Chevrolet, Nashua, NH.
    Options: 2LT Package, 6-Speed Automatic Transmission, Chrome Wheels, Performance Exhaust, Navigation, Transparent Roof, Red Brake Calipers, Battery Protection.
    Mods: FormulaOne Performance Tint, CQuartz Sealant, XPEL Ultimate Protection Film (Hood, Front Fenders, Bumper, Mirrors, Headlights, Door Handle Cups, Door Seals), RPI Jack Pucks, WeatherTech Floor Liners.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Well the good news lasted not that long.I had my A8 replaced last year in October with a, I guess they said a new A8. The problem was the car standing over night after starting and selecting Drive the transmission jerked several times back and forth until it settled in gear. Guess what 2,500 miles on the new transmission the problem started again. This time it feels more intense.
    First A8 started doing it with approx. 4,000 miles. Back to the dealer for more testing.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Well my enjoyment of the new transmission lasted only for approx. 2,500 miles. Back to the jerking in the morning when shifting into drive.Back to the dealer next week.

Mileage
    C7 29,000 miles
    Member #
    Liked
    2856 times
    Makes you wonder if the problem was not the transmission itself, but was in the mechanism, mechanical or electronic, between the shift level and the transmission itself.
    Order placed Sept 16 2014, Roadster, 2LT, Z51 mag ride, 8AT, PDR/NAV. Night Race Blue, Jet Black interior, Red Calipers, Carbon Flash Badges.
    wrapped in Xpel Ultimate, came home Oct 31. Using Range AFM Suppression
    "The Beast"

Mileage
    On me or the car?
    Member #
    Liked
    786 times
    Hope you can get it resolved to your satisfaction. Sounds similar to mine . I was able to resolve it by letting the car run for a minute or two before I go for a forward gear. Also lessened the severity of it by shifting first to neutral when it is cold like that then going for a forward gear. Never had an issue when it is warmed up.
    2015 3LT/Z51 Convertible. Arctic White with Black Top, Black Leather and Sueade interior with white stitching and with Carbon Fiber Tonneau cover. Carbon Flash emblems and Competition Seats.

Member #
    Liked
    1189 times
    Senior, hope this resolves for you.
    2015 blade silver Z51 3LT A8 Stingray, jet black interior, competition seats, Z51 style chrome rims. Suntek clear bra, carbon flash metallic custom stinger stripe, side mirrors and rear spoiler.
    1986 two-tone silver over grey C4 survivor coupe with slate blue interior and only 47k miles.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links