Super Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    19k+
    Member #
    Liked
    10619 times

thubs up GM 2019 Configurator (Build Your Own) Now Live

Last edited by jsvette; 11-13-2018 at 11:06 AM.
    aka Jeff
    'RedHot' Prod.Wk 7 Oct '13 Museum Del. 29 Oct '13
    Torch Red, 2LT Adrenaline Red, AutoTrans., Nav., Perf. Exhaust, Transparent panel, Red Brembos, CQuartz Finest
    Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum

Member #
    Liked
    1235 times
    Thanks Jeff. This is great. I always love playing around with the build your own feature. I did the ZR1 with the current features of my 3LT Z51 and no performance package and it came to $139,660. Did the same thing with the Z06 and it was $100,695. When I did my Z51, it was $80,065.

I am disappointed that Chevy doesn't just include the 3ZR package as a standard for the ZR1 instead of trying to up sell their 1ZR trim package. For the top of the line model, it would actually be a little more "affordable" since there is a $10,00 difference between the two offered trim levels.

Maybe just out of touch for a car that will depreciate by nearly half in 4 to 5 years. Slap a wing, new hood and a higher level supercharger on the Z06 and you essentially recreate the ZR1.
    jsvette likes this.
    2015 blade silver Z51 3LT A8 Stingray, jet black interior, competition seats, Z51 style chrome rims. Suntek clear bra, carbon flash metallic custom stinger stripe, side mirrors and rear spoiler.
    1986 two-tone silver over grey C4 survivor coupe with slate blue interior and only 47k miles.

Mileage
    3559 as of September 4, 2016.
    Member #
    Liked
    6094 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireeagle View Post
    Thanks Jeff. This is great. I always love playing around with the build your own feature. I did the ZR1 with the current features of my 3LT Z51 and no performance package and it came to $139,660. Did the same thing with the Z06 and it was $100,695. When I did my Z51, it was $80,065.

I am disappointed that Chevy doesn't just include the 3ZR package as a standard for the ZR1 instead of trying to up sell their 1ZR trim package. For the top of the line model, it would actually be a little more "affordable" since there is a $10,00 difference between the two offered trim levels.

Maybe just out of touch for a car that will depreciate by nearly half in 4 to 5 years. Slap a wing, new hood and a higher level supercharger on the Z06 and you essentially recreate the ZR1.
    I think there are people who prefer the 1ZR trim level, not because of cost, but because of weight savings.
    Rodney and C.A.R.O.L.I.N.E. (Candy Apple Red, Outrageously Lovely, Incredibly Nimble Entertainment)

C.A.R.O.L.I.N.E. is a 2016 Long Beach Red, 3LZ, Stage 1, Z06 Coupe with an Automatic 8-speed transmission, the Spice Red Design Package, Competition Seats, a Carbon Flash Hood Stinger, and a Body-Colored Dual Roof Package. She has SunTek paint protective film installed on every painted surface other than on some of the vents' and grille's slats, G3 Carbon's "G3-O7" side skirts, GM StingRay Red Tail Lights, GM Rear Splash Guards from Trunk Monkey, ACS Composite Enhanced Front Wheel Mudflaps from West Coast Corvette, and her mufflers painted with POR15 Aluminum high temperature paint.

4. Remove Advertisements
    StingrayForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    143 times
    I got off cheap , $64,010.00 .

Member #
    Liked
    1235 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rdslon01 View Post
    I think there are people who prefer the 1ZR trim level, not because of cost, but because of weight savings.
    Good point Rodney. For those that will track the ZR1, it would make sense if there is a significant weight difference. For me, I like power and luxury
    2015 blade silver Z51 3LT A8 Stingray, jet black interior, competition seats, Z51 style chrome rims. Suntek clear bra, carbon flash metallic custom stinger stripe, side mirrors and rear spoiler.
    1986 two-tone silver over grey C4 survivor coupe with slate blue interior and only 47k miles.

Member #
    Liked
    1235 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugene Onegin View Post
    I got off cheap , $64,010.00 .
    Eugene, I will assume that was the base Stingray you did or a Base with the Z51 performance package?

I currently have a 3LT trim package with the Z51 so when I did my 3 comparisons, it was funny how the interior looked exactly the same on all 3... probably as it should be. Except for the steering wheel, all 3 looked exactly like my current Stingray which actually made me feel good in a way.

Sponsored Links