Thread: The Adventure Begins...

Super Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    19k+
    Member #
    Liked
    10560 times
    Congratulations on your great looking C7 and back story. One question regarding the tinting. You said you ended up tinting the windshield 55%. Many states do not allow the windshield to be tinted. Have you had a chance to drive it at night with that tint?
    aka Jeff
    'RedHot' Prod.Wk 7 Oct '13 Museum Del. 29 Oct '13
    Torch Red, 2LT Adrenaline Red, AutoTrans., Nav., Perf. Exhaust, Transparent panel, Red Brembos, CQuartz Finest
    Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum

Member #
    Liked
    46 times
    We won't be getting the car back for 2 to 3 weeks yet. We're rolling the dice on the 55% windshield but from what we saw sitting in cars w 55%, seemed ok.

No worries, they said if it turns out to be a hindrence or issue, they will re-do at 70%.

Oops, sorry about outside link.
    Last edited by budgetplan1; 03-19-2019 at 04:52 PM. Reason: link removed, non supporting vendor

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Congrats on the new ride!!
    2019 Grand Sport Coupe (2LT): Ceramic Matrix Gray Metallic / Jet Black Leather / 6.2L 460 HP / 7-Speed Manual w/Rev Matching / Pearl Nickel Wheels / Black Calipers / Multi-Mode Performance Exhaust / Pedal Commander PC49 / ACS Front & GM Rear Splash Guards / Lloyds C7 Mats

4. Remove Advertisements
    StingrayForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    46 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rbarnes View Post
    Congrats on the new ride!!
    Thanks...now just gotta wait until we pick up from detailer...week or 2 to go!

Member #
    Liked
    46 times
    Work has begun...

Super Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    19k+
    Member #
    Liked
    10560 times
    I would be a bit concerned about the set up since none of the tires appear to be chocked to prevent movement (from leaning on the car for example).
    aka Jeff
    'RedHot' Prod.Wk 7 Oct '13 Museum Del. 29 Oct '13
    Torch Red, 2LT Adrenaline Red, AutoTrans., Nav., Perf. Exhaust, Transparent panel, Red Brembos, CQuartz Finest
    Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum

Member #
    Liked
    46 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jsvette View Post
    I would be a bit concerned about the set up since none of the tires appear to be chocked to prevent movement (from leaning on the car for example).
    It's certainly an interesting point, will have to check their setup if I remember when picking up car.

Just gotta have some faith. Given their experience, I'm willing to trust their judgement.

Did prompt me to look at Race Ramps website, though. Wow, they've come a long way since 2004; the configurations and options are quite varied. Almost like a set of building blocks. Maybe it's time to bite the bullet and give the trusty 'ol Rhino Ramps a break after 14 years of use.

Member #
    Liked
    46 times
    Went down to the shop yesterday to pick up the finished car and wow, they certainly went above and beyond, beyond just what we had decided on even. It really is something special to see.

Was funny as while I spec'd 2 coats of Kamikaze Stance on wheels and calipers, I had planned on a little Polish Angel Super Sport on top when it was home. While they were going over exactly what they did, turns out they had already put the SuperSport over the Stance.

They did all exterior glass with Gyeon View which I had planned on DIY`g and after they did the STEK, they coated it with Kamikaze Film Surface Coat; that was a nice (and unexpected) bonus too. A bit of Cosmic Spritz (I saw a 1000ml/1L bottle of Cosmic Spritz there...I gotta get me one of those!) and good to go.

Surface is smooth and pleasant to the touch, not so much slick as like a polished glass type of smooth but not grabby.

55% tint is barely noticeable on inside looking out (still daylight), we`ll see how night goes. I musta had ike 5% tint or something back in the 80`s cuz in dark places hadda sometimes roll down the window to see when turning. I think it`ll work well.

They also had a new, in-the-box spare set of the GM Splash Guards that they gave me as too; forgot to add those when ordering the car.

All on all, I couldn`t have hoped for a better experience...the work is incredible, the whole deal was just plain fun in every respect. Very glad I decided to have them do it instead of correcting the paint and coating it myself.

As for the car itself, overall it seems/drives 'smaller' than the C5, which is good. Seems to take up slightly less room in the garage than the 2004 did.

Visibility seems better to me than the C5 and the ride is much, much better on the freeway. Far less harsh than the C5, less tracking and bump steer. The seats seem comfortable enough although I can see why some find the meeting between the seat bottom and seat back a little discomforting on long hauls...a nice bolster at that junction may improve that if needed. Gonna have to take some time to adjust the seat a little better for the rare times I drive it and maybe that'll make it better. Guess I tend to slouch a bit which exacerbates the issue.

Passenger side, uh, no way at 6' 2" would I be able to stand that for over 3hrs at a stretch...not much room over there; comfortable just not enough legroom to stretch out.. As a driver, getting into car is fine, getting out a bit harder than the C5; seems like the door opening doesn't extend back past the seat as much, harder to 'roll' out. Maybe 'easy exit' will help.

Obviously the technology is light years ahead of the 2004, gonna take a day or so to 'set it up'. Hopefully the technology proves reliable and trouble free.

We'll see how it goes but I think it’s gonna be a winner for our needs. A few things we'll miss about the C5 but the pluses of the C7 far outweigh the minuses at first glance/drive. A little bit irritating that there is no way to close the door without leaving a fingerprint somewhere…

Last QC checks on Tuesday before we picked up on Wednesday:
    Name:  Collage 2019-04-16 18_52_04.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  405.3 KB
    Name:  FB_IMG_1555553485374.jpg
Size:  70.6 KB

Home at last:
    Name:  20190417_190538_resized.jpg
Size:  456.7 KB
    Name:  20190417_190525_resized.jpg
Size:  464.4 KB
    Name:  20190417_190512_resized.jpg
Size:  461.7 KB
    Name:  20190417_190454_resized.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  500.8 KB

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    71 times
    Try using the silver door catch/lock thing. Just pull it and release as door closes. No more finger prints.
    budgetplan1 likes this.
    2019 Sebring Orange Tintcoat 2LT Z51 Coupe.

Previous Corvettes: 2019 Torch Red 1LT Coupe, 2001 Pewter Vert, 2016 AW, Z51 3LT Vert A8 Vert, 2015 Laguna Blue Tintcoat 2LT Coupe, 2014 Black Z51 1LT Coupe, 2000 Dark Bowling Green vert.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links