2014 Owners: What has been your experience? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: 2014 Owners: What has been your experience?

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireeagle View Post
    Boomah, hope everything is going well with your treatments. Must be fun tooling around on the island. If you miss the manual, the paddle shifters are a fun transition.

Many thanks Fireeagle! Raja that regarding the paddles, they do help a little and I also like that it keeps all 8 cylinders firing

And a big mahalo to all for the well wishes, as well!

Boomah
    Queasyrider likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    @kgrant. Thank you for the positive review of the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S. This may be my choice for OEM replacement when the time comes (soon). I find the run flats somewhat harsh riding and prone to picking up every nail and sheet rock screw in the neighborhood.
    I’ll just carry a can of “fix-a-flat” along with me.
    Jonson Archer likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Our 2014 C7 was not so perfect and it started when the dash would go blank and then you never knew if it would restart after the engine was shut off. The brakes had the common squeaky noise when stoping and then the famous flex plate rattle when you stopped at a traffic light. Dealerships at that time didn't have much experience fixing C7 problems and a major repair like replacing the flex plate was a major repair job and we didn't want to be the first one that they did. So good by C7.
    twowinns and Jonson Archer like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    StingrayForums.com
    Advertisements

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    972 times
    I factory ordered my 2014 and took delivery in April 2014. No issues for the first 42,000 miles. Then I started having overheating issues. The fans wouldn’t come on and the car would,overheat. As soon as I restarted the car, the fans kicked on and it cooled down to normal. This happened several times. The dealer could never duplicate the issue and no codes were thrown. They replaced the water pump due to a small leak but it didn’t fix the issue. They refused to replace the fans under my extended warranty. I ended up trading it in for a 2019 GS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    twowinns likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Bought it $36k with 30,042 miles. It now has 51,650 I came across this flawless 2014 Blade Silver Corvette hiding in the back lot of a Chevrolet Dealer that had all their new hot Z06s & Grand Sports up front. They said it has been sitting on their lot for 2 months because nobody wanted a Base model with a 7-speed manual. Well I sure did. Hour later, I drove her home. Since I’ve owned it I’ve tinted the windows, added a Matte Black vinyl hood stripe, Halltech Cold Air Intake, Carbon Flash Z06 side skirts from ACS, stage 2 rear Spoiler & stage 3 front spoiler from extreamonlinestore, and Z06 quarter rents from GM. Cray Astoria Matte black wheels with Michelin Pilot A/S 3 Pluses. With the good weather in SC I get to drive it almost every day! With zero issues.

Member #
    Liked
    1969 times
    If the fans won't come on and you don't need to replace the fans they're controlled by relays you should replace the fan control relays I had the same problem on a Malibu
    1LT Coupe / Crystal Red / Black Int. / 7MT / Navigation / Performance Exhaust (Ordered 03/20/2014)

Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    Took delivery (dealer stock) of torch red 3LT Z51 in May of 14. Traded for 19 Grand Sport March of 19, nearly 5 years. Got a very slight discount off MSRP in 2014, and since dealer stock, car was loaded. Had a little over 22k miles on car when traded, original tires, between 4 and 3/32 on tires, ready for new ones. Car was in the anti syphion recall. I hated the electronics, the boot up was slow, (could back out of dtrveway before backup camera on) voice recognition terrible, no Apple CarPlay, over reliance on onstar, and nav almost useless, about 25% of time would not allow address input and no way to use coordinates. HOWEVER, no other issues, never inservice shop except for the infotainment system issues, which Chevy said”operating as designed”. Good car, but (at least 1st few days) significantly better Infotainment system in the 2019.

PS Edit, don't buy intro models!!!!! This should have been obvious to me, but my desire to have this car made me pay near MSRP, get a 6 speed auto instead of the 8 speed in the next year, and a really substandard Info/Nav system.
    Last edited by rohard; 03-11-2019 at 06:33 AM.
    twowinns likes this.
    19 Grand Sport, Sebring Orange, Jet Black 2LT, PDR/Nav, black wheels and carbon flash accents.

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    guys I am a first time Corvette owner have wanted one for just about all my (62 years) life. In 2017 I had a 1968 Firebird health issues would not let me give the attention it needed. I put it up 4 sale that lasted about 4 days. I took that $$ and picked up a 2015 C7 2LT Dark & Gray Red Inter. Z51 appearance package Performance Exhaust 23,580 Miles. About a month in I had an issue with the Torque Converter which is I think why I got such a great deal on it. Still under Warranty replacement Also the touch screen went out about a year in. NO More Issues!!! Had an Issue with blind spots so I just added some small stick on Blind spot mirrors. I like the Idea of the up size 19"&20" wheels and Tires. I Love the car!! Along with everyone else!!! Not Disappointed!
    twowinns likes this.

Super Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    19k+
    Member #
    Liked
    10574 times
    Let's please keep all posts on this thread limited to the OP focus of " this thread based on the experiences and issues, likes or dislikes that are specific to the first year only C7. Feel free to post any/all comments as they relate to the ‘14. " Thank you.
    red1996lt4 likes this.
    aka Jeff
    'RedHot' Prod.Wk 7 Oct '13 Museum Del. 29 Oct '13
    Torch Red, 2LT Adrenaline Red, AutoTrans., Nav., Perf. Exhaust, Transparent panel, Red Brembos, CQuartz Finest
    Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    43 times
    2014 Z51 3LT with all performance options, ordered new and delivered 2/14. Had passenger door rub on front fender when opening, dealer realigned fender. New battery at 3 years. Have the warble from the drivetrain intermitantly. Now have 11k miles. Bought extended warranty through GM. Still have original tires except one rear replaced due to nail.
    Last edited by bumparker; 03-09-2019 at 01:15 PM.
    twowinns likes this.

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Just an educational question as I have the extended warranty on my Black 2014 Z51 3LT (7700 miles).. Does the ported throttle body, controller, and M2W switch have any effect on warranty or is it something that depends on how well you know your dealership? Thanks

Member #
    Liked
    720 times
    92,000 miles and stilling rolling! Only issue has been belt tensioner pulley replacement at 37,000 miles. Best car I have ever had, and I have had some good ones. Was considering a Z06 about a year ago and still am, but I went to a couple of dealerships that had 2019 models on their lots and the panel fitment was atrocious. I decided to pass as I was going to order specifically what I wanted this time. It would be a crap shoot, and I can't find anything on dealer lots that meets my specifications.. If one was on a lot that met my preferences I could inspect the fitment of the panels before buying.
    2016, 1LT Long Beach Red Metallic Tintcoat, Transparent Roof Panel, Body Color Painted Vents, 8-Speed Paddle, Performance Exhaust, Performance Data Video Recorder with Navigation, 3M Bra, Borla X-Pipe, Build date 10/14/2015, Stage two Spoiler.

Super Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    19k+
    Member #
    Liked
    10574 times
    Quote Originally Posted by joemessman View Post
    92,000 miles and stilling rolling! Only issue has been belt tensioner pulley replacement at 37,000 miles. Best car I have ever had, and I have had some good ones. Was considering a Z06 about a year ago and still am, but I went to a couple of dealerships that had 2019 models on their lots and the panel fitment was atrocious. I decided to pass as I was going to order specifically what I wanted this time. It would be a crap shoot, and I can't find anything on dealer lots that meets my specifications.. If one was on a lot that met my preferences I could inspect the fitment of the panels before buying.
    Great to read, but unless I am mistaken, you have a 2016. This thread is for 2014 C7s.
    red1996lt4 likes this.
    aka Jeff
    'RedHot' Prod.Wk 7 Oct '13 Museum Del. 29 Oct '13
    Torch Red, 2LT Adrenaline Red, AutoTrans., Nav., Perf. Exhaust, Transparent panel, Red Brembos, CQuartz Finest
    Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum

Mileage
    27,000+
    Member #
    Liked
    1129 times
    Quote Originally Posted by INOV8 View Post
    Just an educational question as I have the extended warranty on my Black 2014 Z51 3LT (7700 miles).. Does the ported throttle body, controller, and M2W switch have any effect on warranty or is it something that depends on how well you know your dealership? Thanks
    I don’t believe either of these mods would void a warranty, assuming they weren’t the cause of an engine failure. I have all three mods on my car, too.
    2014 Stingray Coupe, Lime Rock Green, 3LT Brownstone, A6, NPP

Hidden Content

Member #
    Liked
    720 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jsvette View Post
    Great to read, but unless I am mistaken, you have a 2016. This thread is for 2014 C7s.
    Woops! Sorry about that. At least I got it off my chest.
    jsvette likes this.
    2016, 1LT Long Beach Red Metallic Tintcoat, Transparent Roof Panel, Body Color Painted Vents, 8-Speed Paddle, Performance Exhaust, Performance Data Video Recorder with Navigation, 3M Bra, Borla X-Pipe, Build date 10/14/2015, Stage two Spoiler.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links