2014 Owners: What has been your experience? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: 2014 Owners: What has been your experience?

Member #
    i have a premier edition coupe. im the second owner but the original owner is a close friend and hardly drove it. he owned it for four years and only put 8500 miles on it. it now has 15k miles and have had a few issues. itís my 7th vette so iím no stranger to the vagaries of being a vette owner. when i got the car, i went ahead and changed all the fluids including tranny, rear diff, coolant, oil etc. also replaced the battery. had to replace the master and slave cylinder because of fungus in the fluid. yep, you read that right! cost me $4200 and my gm extended warranty refused to cover it because of contaminated fluid. how it got contaminated is beyond me. the manual says the fluid should be changed every 30k or three years. iíve had 5 other manual vettes and never changed the fluid in any of them and never had a lick of clutch trouble with any of them. had to change the two front tires at 12k miles as the inner area of both were worn down to the chord. obviously the alignment was off. the original owner had the car lowered by 2 inches when he got it. not sure if that had anything to do with it. the rear camera went bad and had to be replaced. gm did cover that. now the rear deck lid wonít kick up enough to get a finger under it to lift it up. iíve traced it to a misaligned rear deck lid causing it to rub slightly on the lower right hand corner with the rear deck. that friction is enough to keep it from kicking up. it barely moves. if i grease that corner, it solves the problem but is a temporary fix. after a couple weeks it no longer helps and i have to re grease. if i could just move the lid by a 16th, it would stop rubbing but i have not been able to find out how to do that. if anyone knows, iím all ears. no other issues to date.

Member #
    Liked
    231 times
    I got my 2014 off the showroom floor in Aug 2014. The only thing I would have addd if I had ordered it would have been the performance exhaust.At the following years bash at the NCM I had a Corsa sport exhaust installed cat back with xpipe. Great deal along with CORSA doing the install FREE! I love the note and the pop it gives.I also installed a stealthy STiR radar detector along with an ALP laser defense system. Those have saved me several times from the speed tax revenuers and numerous speed traps.
    I have a little over 26K miles I have replaced the original tires with Michelin All season tires. I did purchase an extended warranty from Fitchner(sp?). Other then regular oil changes nothing has required service. Best vehicle I have ever owned.
    My future plan is to consider the early C8 if itís within my budget.

Name:  2529F526-4C1A-4EA2-895D-895AB1891AE7.jpeg
Views: 78
Size:  1.44 MB

As seen on the showroom floor. Love at first sight.
    joemessman, twowinns and frankieb like this.
    2014 Laguna Blue Stingray Coupe with Jet Black , 3LT, A6 ..... "Cindyblue"

Member #
    Liked
    1222 times
    Quote Originally Posted by V1 VR View Post
    I got my 2014 off the showroom floor in Aug 2014. The only thing I would have addd if I had ordered it would have been the performance exhaust.At the following years bash at the NCM I had a Corsa sport exhaust installed cat back with xpipe. Great deal along with CORSA doing the install FREE! I love the note and the pop it gives.I also installed a stealthy STiR radar detector along with an ALP laser defense system. Those have saved me several times from the speed tax revenuers and numerous speed traps.
    I have a little over 26K miles I have replaced the original tires with Michelin All season tires. I did purchase an extended warranty from Fitchner(sp?). Other then regular oil changes nothing has required service. Best vehicle I have ever owned.
    My future plan is to consider the early C8 if it’s within my budget.

Name:  2529F526-4C1A-4EA2-895D-895AB1891AE7.jpeg
Views: 78
Size:  1.44 MB

As seen on the showroom floor. Love at first sight.
    V1 VR it looks great. I almost did a deal on a Laguna Blue but they wouldn't go where I wanted them to go. The funny thing is that the Blade Silver came along a week later at a price I could not walk away from.
    V1 VR likes this.
    2015 blade silver Z51 3LT A8 Stingray, jet black interior, competition seats, Z51 style chrome rims. Suntek clear bra, carbon flash metallic custom stinger stripe, side mirrors and rear spoiler.
    1986 two-tone silver over grey C4 survivor coupe with slate blue interior and only 47k miles.

4. Remove Advertisements
    StingrayForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    79 times
    Mine is about 5 and a half-years old- just turned 14,000 miles. No problems to speak of. Changed the battery at 36 months - just my way of avoiding problems. The only slight issue I've had was I got a "Transmission Overheat" warning on the MFD while sitting in traffic a while back. Took her to the dealer for diagnostics and they could not find any indication of an issue in the system. Guess it was a glitch. I liked my C6, but LOVE the C7. I am toying with buying a C8 and have three of my friends 'bidding' on the LRG C7 already.
    twowinns likes this.

Mileage
    0 waiting
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    I bought my 2014 C7 new.Added SC,ARH,b&B mufflers.4.10 rear.It has an M7. With the rear I start off in 2nd.This is definitely the best car I ever owned.
    twowinns likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Purchased my 2014 corvette from dealer stock. January 2014 infotainment screen changed about 6 months later. I love this car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    jsvette and twowinns like this.

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobius View Post
    I replaced mine with OEM tires at around 26,000, if I recall correctly.

I've got a bit over 36,000 miles on the car now.

The car's been a real pleasure. The only issues were a warranty battery replacement at about 3 months and then the fuel filler neck recall (they had to drop my gas tank). Also, after that repair, the tech forgot an electrical connector during assembly and I couldn't open my trunk, so back to the dealership once more.

Otherwise, no problems, just smiles.
    Just purchased my 2014 LRG, Z51 Vert about 2 months ago. West coast car. It had a little less than 18,000 miles on it but the insides of both front ZPs were worn down to the wear bars. Wouldn’t pass Massachusetts inspection so I put on a set of Michelin SS A/S 3+ non run flats. I didn’t have much to compare them to as I only drove on the originals for the test drive before purchase. From the tire condition, the car might have been driven somewhat hard but there was no evidence of abuse. So far it’s been great and and is very tight. The build quality of the 2014 I never much thought about until I read the previous posts. Good to no. The build number is 32385 so it was way along in the model production year so I’m hoping any issue early in the production run may have been addressed early on. So far I’m loving it. A few possible changes down the road will be new brake pads, HATE the brake dust. Update the Z51 with mag ride software ($350 through GM) as it’s suppose to help on the bumpy roads here on Cape Cod and eventually go from black wheels to Chrome.

Things I did do after getting the car: New tires, had memory issues with dash display on trip resets, the outside temp just showed two lines. This was resolved by replacing the original battery ie., computer reboot on start up. That was a nasty job. Replace the cabin air filter and will be replacing the engine air filter so I have a base milage -point for these items. Also, the flickering info center issue worries me. I haven’t seen it happening but if it does I’m assuming it’s a big buck item to replace. Can anyone give me a ball park cost for an extended GM warranty that would cover a repair of this nature?
    Last edited by Anderdea; 05-28-2019 at 01:57 PM.

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    972 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Anderdea View Post
    Just purchased my 2014 LRG, Z51 Vert about 2 months ago. West coast car. It had a little less than 18,000 miles on it but the insides of both front ZPs were worn down to the wear bars. Wouldnít pass Massachusetts inspection so I put on a set of Michelin SS A/S 3+ non run flats. I didnít have much to compare them to as I only drove on the originals for the test drive before purchase. From the tire condition, the car might have been driven somewhat hard but there was no evidence of abuse. So far itís been great and and is very tight. The build quality of the 2014 I never much thought about until I read the previous posts. Good to no. The build number is 32385 so it was way along in the model production year so Iím hoping any issue early in the production run may have been addressed early on. So far Iím loving it. A few possible changes down the road will be new brake pads, HATE the brake dust. Update the Z51 with mag ride software ($350 through GM) as itís suppose to help on the bumpy roads here on Cape Cod and eventually go from black wheels to Chrome.

Things I did do after getting the car: New tires, had memory issues with dash display on trip resets, the outside temp just showed two lines. This was resolved by replacing the original battery ie., computer reboot on start up. That was a nasty job. Replace the cabin air filter and will be replacing the engine air filter so I have a base milage -point for these items. Also, the flickering info center issue worries me. I havenít seen it happening but if it does Iím assuming itís a big buck item to replace. Can anyone give me a ball park cost for an extended GM warranty that would cover a repair of this nature?
    These cars have an aggressive alignment and will wear out the insides of the front tires prematurely. If you are not doing any track use, you may want to consider a street alignment. It will add 15k miles to your tire wear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    jsvette likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BlckRay View Post
    I will take it in and see what they say. Thank you
    WELP, finally got frustrated. I am leaving the C7 Stingray world.
    I have decided to fix my problems by moving on.

Went to 2019 Z06 World Instead
    Name:  2019-06-16 14.24.16.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  2.97 MB, Name:  2019-06-16 13.15.35.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  3.91 MB
    jsvette and twowinns like this.

Super Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    19k+
    Member #
    Liked
    10560 times
    BlckRay you got me! Nice surprise as I scrolled down to see you new beauty Z06! Well done.
    twowinns likes this.
    aka Jeff
    'RedHot' Prod.Wk 7 Oct '13 Museum Del. 29 Oct '13
    Torch Red, 2LT Adrenaline Red, AutoTrans., Nav., Perf. Exhaust, Transparent panel, Red Brembos, CQuartz Finest
    Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jsvette View Post
    BlckRay you got me! Nice surprise as I scrolled down to see you new beauty Z06! Well done.
    Thank you, I just have to change my sign-in now
    jsvette likes this.

Super Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    19k+
    Member #
    Liked
    10560 times
    BlckRay, Send me a PM with the new screen name you would like and we'll change it so you keep your history.

Update Note: Screen name is changed per your request from BlckRay to lelzie.
    Last edited by jsvette; 06-16-2019 at 09:41 PM.
    aka Jeff
    'RedHot' Prod.Wk 7 Oct '13 Museum Del. 29 Oct '13
    Torch Red, 2LT Adrenaline Red, AutoTrans., Nav., Perf. Exhaust, Transparent panel, Red Brembos, CQuartz Finest
    Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Sponsored Links