C7 Z51 Broken Into and Hard Top Stolen - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: C7 Z51 Broken Into and Hard Top Stolen

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    366 times
    That is just sickening. I hope your insurance gets your car put back together in a hurry.
    2017 Grand Sport, Arctic White with red stinger stripe and carbon flash hash marks. Adrenaline Red leather seats. 2LT, M7, satin black wheels with red stripe, PDR.

Member #
    Liked
    2210 times
    He got in thru the broken window and without opening the door stole the transparent roof in 30 seconds. The window came out in a single piece? Doesn't appear to be any damage to the car. The "nest" photo doesn't show the C7 alarm lights, just reflectors.

This guy has perfected this operation. Betcha he had some way to practice it a few times on a C7 with the window open before he pulled it off. Very specialized. Unique to the C7.

Assume the cops were called. What did they say? Any other similar reports in the Dallas area?

Sounds like "Vicky Vette" was raped.
    Last edited by Boomer; 04-10-2019 at 09:46 PM. Reason: spelling

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Sorry to hear about your top being stolen. I also have a 2015 Z51 3LT A8 and have not even given thought to the top being stolen. Now I am going to try to find a deterrent for that happening to mine when away from home. The tracking tag may be an answer but as someone mentioned it would be limited to RF coverage.

4. Remove Advertisements
    StingrayForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    226 times
    I'm confused by the window sitting outside of the car in basically one piece. Was it somehow cut along the bottom near top edge of door and pulled out ?
    Boomer likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2210 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Racer57 View Post
    I'm confused by the window sitting outside of the car in basically one piece. Was it somehow cut along the bottom near top edge of door and pulled out ?
    Yea. Pretty confusing incident. If the window was cut at that point, how is it there are no scratches, damage or debris at the top edge of the door?

Accomplishing that feat with no apparent damage to the car in 30 seconds would qualify the thief for first place in a TV competition reality show.

I would have certainly called the cops.
    Last edited by Boomer; 04-14-2019 at 02:51 PM. Reason: spelling

Member #
    Liked
    226 times
    Whoever did it, this car definitely wasn't his first. You can see the edge of the window tinting on at least 2 sides of the glass. So at least those two sides were undisturbed.
    Boomer likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    At 2:15am central today there was another attempt. They broke the window but this time did not get away with the top. This is a serious problem since they know where I live. Name:  Screen Shot 2019-07-09 at 3.34.46 AM.png
Views: 25
Size:  891.1 KBName:  IMG_5271.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  3.05 MB

Member #
    Liked
    1221 times
    What stopped him this time? Did you have a lock on the roof panel? Is he cutting out the side window?

Hopefully the security camera will help catch this low life.
    2015 blade silver Z51 3LT A8 Stingray, jet black interior, competition seats, Z51 style chrome rims. Suntek clear bra, carbon flash metallic custom stinger stripe, side mirrors and rear spoiler.
    1986 two-tone silver over grey C4 survivor coupe with slate blue interior and only 47k miles.

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    In the video he broke the window with a glass breaker tool but I believe the tint I have makes it so it stays in one piece.

Alarm did not go off during this time

He reached in and (not sure what he touched) alarms went off. He continued for about 5 seconds and then gave up and ran behind that alley.

Lewisville PD showed up real quick after we found out what happened about 10 mins later.

Off to go get a lock for the roof panel so future low life’s would leave empty again.

Now just need a way to get them to stop breaking the window.

Any ideas?

Fire after the alarm going off would be ideal. Something more practical I can make or buy.

Thank you for being here with me in this moment Stingray fam

Mileage
    On me or the car?
    Member #
    Liked
    810 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rnathani91 View Post
    In the video he broke the window with a glass breaker tool but I believe the tint I have makes it so it stays in one piece.

Alarm did not go off during this time

He reached in and (not sure what he touched) alarms went off. He continued for about 5 seconds and then gave up and ran behind that alley.

Lewisville PD showed up real quick after we found out what happened about 10 mins later.

Off to go get a lock for the roof panel so future low life’s would leave empty again.

Now just need a way to get them to stop breaking the window.

Any ideas?

Fire after the alarm going off would be ideal. Something more practical I can make or buy.

Thank you for being here with me in this moment Stingray fam
    My first suggestion would be a double barrel shotgun from your patio looking down towards the car. Unfortunately you will probably damage your own car so that is out.
    Honestly they will be back . There is a market for the product and they know where one is, yours, and they know how to get it. Every time you replace it they will come back. Seen a lot with home burglaries where high end electronic are taken. Crooks knows you will replace the stuff with new and they come back after a few weeks or months and hit it again.
    2015 3LT/Z51 Convertible. Arctic White with Black Top, Black Leather and Sueade interior with white stitching and with Carbon Fiber Tonneau cover. Carbon Flash emblems and Competition Seats.

Member #
    Liked
    1255 times
    Dam sorry to see this happen again... how about a motion sensor alarm you can mount to the fence that will go off with sirens and lights, even a wifi mounted camera might help.
    Frank
    2015 VY Stingray Coupe 1LT w/Black interior
    M7 NPP Nav PDR Transparent Roof Yellow Calipers

Mileage
    3559 as of September 4, 2016.
    Member #
    Liked
    6073 times
    Get a tracking device and install it under the trim on the top. Let them steal it. Then you can find out where THEY live. Send the police after it. Put them in jail.
    jsvette likes this.
    Rodney and C.A.R.O.L.I.N.E. (Candy Apple Red, Outrageously Lovely, Incredibly Nimble Entertainment)

C.A.R.O.L.I.N.E. is a 2016 Long Beach Red, 3LZ, Stage 1, Z06 Coupe with an Automatic 8-speed transmission, the Spice Red Design Package, Competition Seats, a Carbon Flash Hood Stinger, and a Body-Colored Dual Roof Package. She has SunTek paint protective film installed on every painted surface other than on some of the vents' and grille's slats, G3 Carbon's "G3-O7" side skirts, GM StingRay Red Tail Lights, GM Rear Splash Guards from Trunk Monkey, ACS Composite Enhanced Front Wheel Mudflaps from West Coast Corvette, and her mufflers painted with POR15 Aluminum high temperature paint.

Member #
    Liked
    912 times
    A couple of large bear traps tethered to the car?--Bob
    2016 Z06 Long Beach Red #10281 "POPZOH 6"
    --Kalahari, 2LZ, Auto, chrome wheels, body color vents and side skirts
    1995 ZR-1 Polo Green #409 "WARP TEN" --Haibeck 350/510hp package, Sold but still running strong
    1993 ZR-1 Quasar Blue #161 "HIL KING" --Sold but still running strong
    1967 Corvette Coupe --Marlboro Maroon/Saddle 300 HP 4 Speed, Sold in 1977
    ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #95
    Member of Original ZR-1 Registry
    NCM Lifetime Member
    Favorite Quote--Attributed to Mickey Thompson:
    "Too Much Horsepower is Almost Enough"

Member #
    Liked
    1968 times
    Put a sign in the window "Glass Impregnated with Cancer Cells, DO NOT TOUCH"
    1LT Coupe / Crystal Red / Black Int. / 7MT / Navigation / Performance Exhaust (Ordered 03/20/2014)

Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Quote Originally Posted by warp ten View Post
    Out of curiosity, does GM stamp or mark the car's serial number on the tops that originally come with a car like they used to with C4s? That would be helpful although I admit I have never checked mine for a serial number. Anyone know? --Bob
    I used one of those vibrating marking pen things to put the serial number on the top of my c-5. Put on the back so its not visible unless it is off the car. I traded the top for a replacement when it cracked. So someone out there has that one used as the frame for a replacement. And I don't have the c-5 anymore. Will try to figure a way to lock this top on.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links