Super Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    19k+
    Member #
    Liked
    10494 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Beburton94 View Post
    Great news all. Other dealership took a look at it and it will be covered under warranty. They could not fathom why the first dealership believed it to be an impact and didn't leave any signs of impact. All is well. Cheers everyone.
    Glad to read this!
    aka Jeff
    'RedHot' Prod.Wk 7 Oct '13 Museum Del. 29 Oct '13
    Torch Red, 2LT Adrenaline Red, AutoTrans., Nav., Perf. Exhaust, Transparent panel, Red Brembos, CQuartz Finest
    Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum

Gold Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    163 times
    Great news all. Other dealership took a look at it and it will be covered under warranty. They could not fathom why the first dealership believed it to be an impact and didn't leave any signs of impact. All is well. Cheers everyone.
    Great news!!! Too bad that you had to go through all of this stress just to get to where you should have been with your first dealer visit. But, all is well now.

Mileage
    3559 as of September 4, 2016.
    Member #
    Liked
    6031 times
    They could not fathom why the first dealership believed it to be an impact and didn't leave any signs of impact.
    As my older brother has said, there are way too many people (not just at dealerships, but in many jobs) who either don't know what they are doing, or just don't care.
    15snow-ray likes this.
    Rodney and C.A.R.O.L.I.N.E. (Candy Apple Red, Outrageously Lovely, Incredibly Nimble Entertainment)

C.A.R.O.L.I.N.E. is a 2016 Long Beach Red, 3LZ, Stage 1, Z06 Coupe with an Automatic 8-speed transmission, the Spice Red Design Package, Competition Seats, a Carbon Flash Hood Stinger, and a Body-Colored Dual Roof Package. She has SunTek paint protective film installed on every painted surface other than on some of the vents' and grille's slats, G3 Carbon's "G3-O7" side skirts, GM StingRay Red Tail Lights, GM Rear Splash Guards from Trunk Monkey, ACS Composite Enhanced Front Wheel Mudflaps from West Coast Corvette, and her mufflers painted with POR15 Aluminum high temperature paint.

4. Remove Advertisements
    StingrayForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    897 times
    I would say that after you get it repaired you should contact the General Manager or Service manager of the dealership which rejected you and explain what the other dealer said and why they will not be getting any more of your service business. --Bob
    rdslon01 likes this.
    2016 Z06 Long Beach Red #10281 "POPZOH 6"
    --Kalahari, 2LZ, Auto, chrome wheels, body color vents and side skirts
    1995 ZR-1 Polo Green #409 "WARP TEN" --Haibeck 350/510hp package, Sold but still running strong
    1993 ZR-1 Quasar Blue #161 "HIL KING" --Sold but still running strong
    1967 Corvette Coupe --Marlboro Maroon/Saddle 300 HP 4 Speed, Sold in 1977
    ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #95
    Member of Original ZR-1 Registry
    NCM Lifetime Member
    Favorite Quote--Attributed to Mickey Thompson:
    "Too Much Horsepower is Almost Enough"

Mileage
    On me or the car?
    Member #
    Liked
    802 times
    Quote Originally Posted by warp ten View Post
    I would say that after you get it repaired you should contact the General Manager or Service manager of the dealership which rejected you and explain what the other dealer said and why they will not be getting any more of your service business. --Bob
    Use caution with this bit of advice. Although perhaps it can work to better someones experience in the future i have seen it have quite the opposite effect to your future needs. I have seen it go another way with some very large companies where they can be pretty vindictive if you make a mid level managers life difficult with Corporate. Most of not all automotive dealers have a way of "red flagging" your warranty information so any future needs or contacts have a asterisk attached to your vin and future needs are viewed perhaps through a different lens.

JMO
    johnu and warp ten like this.
    2015 3LT/Z51 Convertible. Arctic White with Black Top, Black Leather and Sueade interior with white stitching and with Carbon Fiber Tonneau cover. Carbon Flash emblems and Competition Seats.

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Same exact situation with my 2016 base car and locater tabs. Had no problem with my dealer helped along by Corvette Quality Control engineer it was replaced on warranty. A HUD windshield will run you $900 if you're paying for it yourself.

Member #
    Liked
    897 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 15snow-ray View Post
    Use caution with this bit of advice. Although perhaps it can work to better someones experience in the future i have seen it have quite the opposite effect to your future needs. I have seen it go another way with some very large companies where they can be pretty vindictive if you make a mid level managers life difficult with Corporate. Most of not all automotive dealers have a way of "red flagging" your warranty information so any future needs or contacts have a asterisk attached to your vin and future needs are viewed perhaps through a different lens.

JMO
    Yeah you are probably right. It is something I always WANT to do, but in the end if I sleep on that thought, I probably would not do it. Just wouldn't go back. Thanks for interjecting a little bit of sensibility. --Bob
    2016 Z06 Long Beach Red #10281 "POPZOH 6"
    --Kalahari, 2LZ, Auto, chrome wheels, body color vents and side skirts
    1995 ZR-1 Polo Green #409 "WARP TEN" --Haibeck 350/510hp package, Sold but still running strong
    1993 ZR-1 Quasar Blue #161 "HIL KING" --Sold but still running strong
    1967 Corvette Coupe --Marlboro Maroon/Saddle 300 HP 4 Speed, Sold in 1977
    ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #95
    Member of Original ZR-1 Registry
    NCM Lifetime Member
    Favorite Quote--Attributed to Mickey Thompson:
    "Too Much Horsepower is Almost Enough"

Member #
    Liked
    1200 times
    Always a good idea to have a dealership you trust. I'm lucky that I have 3 locally: one where I bought the car (the furthest away) one where I almost bought my C7 (that I subsequently bought a used VW for my daughter) and another within 2 miles of my house (where I get recall work and had the windshield replaced).

Glad to hear things worked out for you Beburton.
    2015 blade silver Z51 3LT A8 Stingray, jet black interior, competition seats, Z51 style chrome rims. Suntek clear bra, carbon flash metallic custom stinger stripe, side mirrors and rear spoiler.
    1986 two-tone silver over grey C4 survivor coupe with slate blue interior and only 47k miles.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links