Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Steam
  • 1 Post By 15snow-ray

Thread: Insurance paid the bill!

Member #
    Liked
    261 times

Insurance paid the bill!

I had posted a thread earlier about a seatbelt light that stayed on but no one was able to give me any info on it. I brought it to the dealer and was diagnosed as a left front impact sensor. Part 199.98 , labor 414.00 = 613.98 . I bought insurance from Dennis Fichtner and it did not cost me anything to fix the car. The car only had around 7500 miles when it went. Moral of the story, I'm glad I had that insurance.
    jsvette likes this.

Mileage
    On me or the car?
    Member #
    Liked
    801 times
    Great it worked out for you. I agree with you unless your one of the lucky ones who go problem free for the entirety of the ownership. In today's world with the complexities of our automobiles it has become a must have for me to have warranties for as long as possible and as all encompassing as possible. Labor rates running over $150. an hour and parts costing crazy amounts means it doesn't take much of a problem to begin to see the added cost of a warranty pay for it self.
    The only caveat I would add is if your not going to have the car more than a couple of years i can see not doing it but many of those warranties are refundable if they are not used. You won't get back all your costs but many times you will see a refund of several hundred dollars assuming you have not utilized the warranty.
    Also I would encourage anyone to make sure you bring that up if you are trading your car to a dealer or selling it . In my experience the dealers may not let you know that when you trade your car in. I I didn't realize that there could be money coming back to me until a few years ago when i stumbled on it by accident. Hate to think how many times over my lifetime i failed realize I had money due and just went on without completing the steps to get my refund . It requires you to have documentation from the purchase along with proof of purchase , such as credit card receipt or cancelled check or contract showing payment but if your able to find it years later it mean several hundred dollars in your hand as it did for me.
    Steam likes this.
    2015 3LT/Z51 Convertible. Arctic White with Black Top, Black Leather and Sueade interior with white stitching and with Carbon Fiber Tonneau cover. Carbon Flash emblems and Competition Seats.

Member #
    Liked
    261 times
    I plan on keeping the car for a while and actually bought the policy one month before the factory warranty expired. I know I paid up front for the policy but walking away from the dealer paying nothing felt great.

2016 laguna blue convertible.
    Last edited by Steam; 04-16-2019 at 07:07 PM.

Sponsored Links