Grinding noise on clutch release - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Grinding noise on clutch release

Member #
    Liked
    110 times
    Wow, the dealership is telling me 4-6 more weeks on top of the already one month before they can even start on the repair. I have picked up the car as there is no way I am going to leave my Carbon 65 sitting there for 4-6 weeks. Seems insane.

I love the car however GM really needs to do something about their service for Corvettes. I had a transmission issue on a 2013 BMW M3 that had a DCT and BMW basically overnighted a brand new DCT transmission and had it installed and the car back to me within a week. Had a similar issue on a Porsche I owned they had it fixed in a few days and with giving me a nice loaner to boot.

Needless to say I am very disappointed in GM tech support right now.

Super Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    19k+
    Member #
    Liked
    10507 times
    Suggest you send a PM to ChevroletCustomerCare with details and your VIN. Ask them to intervene for you.
    aka Jeff
    'RedHot' Prod.Wk 7 Oct '13 Museum Del. 29 Oct '13
    Torch Red, 2LT Adrenaline Red, AutoTrans., Nav., Perf. Exhaust, Transparent panel, Red Brembos, CQuartz Finest
    Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum

Mileage
    3559 as of September 4, 2016.
    Member #
    Liked
    6061 times
    Quote Originally Posted by wvanepps View Post
    Wow, the dealership is telling me 4-6 more weeks on top of the already one month before they can even start on the repair. I have picked up the car as there is no way I am going to leave my Carbon 65 sitting there for 4-6 weeks. Seems insane.

I love the car however GM really needs to do something about their service for Corvettes. I had a transmission issue on a 2013 BMW M3 that had a DCT and BMW basically overnighted a brand new DCT transmission and had it installed and the car back to me within a week. Had a similar issue on a Porsche I owned they had it fixed in a few days and with giving me a nice loaner to boot.

Needless to say I am very disappointed in GM tech support right now.
    That is all on your dealership. Essentially what your service adviser said to you was, "We don't want to do this work because we are too afraid that we can't do it right, or you will not be satisfied. However, I can't bring myself to tell you that, so I am going to just put you off until you go away."

Since GM does not own the dealership, they can't directly do anything about this, other than direct you to a different independently-owned dealership.
    Rodney and C.A.R.O.L.I.N.E. (Candy Apple Red, Outrageously Lovely, Incredibly Nimble Entertainment)

C.A.R.O.L.I.N.E. is a 2016 Long Beach Red, 3LZ, Stage 1, Z06 Coupe with an Automatic 8-speed transmission, the Spice Red Design Package, Competition Seats, a Carbon Flash Hood Stinger, and a Body-Colored Dual Roof Package. She has SunTek paint protective film installed on every painted surface other than on some of the vents' and grille's slats, G3 Carbon's "G3-O7" side skirts, GM StingRay Red Tail Lights, GM Rear Splash Guards from Trunk Monkey, ACS Composite Enhanced Front Wheel Mudflaps from West Coast Corvette, and her mufflers painted with POR15 Aluminum high temperature paint.

4. Remove Advertisements
    StingrayForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    110 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jsvette View Post
    Suggest you send a PM to ChevroletCustomerCare with details and your VIN. Ask them to intervene for you.
    Thanks, I will probably end up doing this. The dealership ended up damaging a rim as well.

Member #
    Liked
    110 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rdslon01 View Post
    That is all on your dealership. Essentially what your service adviser said to you was, "We don't want to do this work because we are too afraid that we can't do it right, or you will not be satisfied. However, I can't bring myself to tell you that, so I am going to just put you off until you go away."

Since GM does not own the dealership, they can't directly do anything about this, other than direct you to a different independently-owned dealership.
    Yea I thought the same thing. Really sucks considering I have purchased two Corvettes from them including this Carbon 65. It is like they do not care at all and to top it off they damaged a rim on it.

Member #
    Liked
    298 times
    My car acted up real good today and I made a compilation of the noises. :ack:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1z5...TKVxCCTQs_6LfT
    Rick
    Austin,TX

2017 Torch Red Z06, M7, Jet Black Interior, 2LZ, NAV/PDR, Carbotechs

Member #
    Liked
    110 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Torch-Red-Z06 View Post
    My car acted up real good today and I made a compilation of the noises. :ack:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1z5...TKVxCCTQs_6LfT
    I am supposed to be picking up my car this week. From what I understand they ended up replacing the entire clutch. I will know more once I pick it up and get the service write up.

Member #
    Liked
    298 times
    I am supposed to be picking up my car this week. From what I understand they ended up replacing the entire clutch. I will know more once I pick it up and get the service write up.
    Any luck with your dealer?
    Rick
    Austin,TX

2017 Torch Red Z06, M7, Jet Black Interior, 2LZ, NAV/PDR, Carbotechs

Member #
    Liked
    110 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Torch-Red-Z06 View Post
    Any luck with your dealer?
    I received the car back last week on 06/11/19. I have put about a 150 miles on it and so far the noise has not occurred again and before it would have occurred after about 7 miles of driving or less. The shifting also feels a lot more precise and tight than it did before. Before it felt a little loose in my grip. They basically ended up replacing almost the entire clutch system. I will upload a picture of the documentation they gave me that lists everything they did later this week.

They also had to replace a spindle as they damaged one getting to the clutch. Evidently you have to remove the rear spindles to work on the clutch. It took an extra 4 days because of the spindle replacement. Sadly one of the things I also took it in for was a "Brakes Worn" message appearing. They replaced a bad sensor (there is a bulletin on this) however it appears another sensor has gone bad so I am taking it back this week. Not sure why GM does not just replace all the brake sensors at once. Another thing my wife noticed when driving to Vettes in the Village this weekend was that the fancy alcantara stitched headliner on the removable Carbon Fiber top was falling off. It looks like the adhesive is giving out so they will fix that as the same time as the brake sensor.

Overall I am glad the clutch issue seems to have been repaired as that was the big issue. These other issues, although annoying, are minor in comparison to the clutch.

Mileage
    3559 as of September 4, 2016.
    Member #
    Liked
    6061 times
    I received the car back last week on 06/11/19. I have put about a 150 miles on it and so far the noise has not occurred again and before it would have occurred after about 7 miles of driving or less. The shifting also feels a lot more precise and tight than it did before. Before it felt a little loose in my grip. They basically ended up replacing almost the entire clutch system. I will upload a picture of the documentation they gave me that lists everything they did later this week.

They also had to replace a spindle as they damaged one getting to the clutch. Evidently you have to remove the rear spindles to work on the clutch. It took an extra 4 days because of the spindle replacement. Sadly one of the things I also took it in for was a "Brakes Worn" message appearing. They replaced a bad sensor (there is a bulletin on this) however it appears another sensor has gone bad so I am taking it back this week. Not sure why GM does not just replace all the brake sensors at once. Another thing my wife noticed when driving to Vettes in the Village this weekend was that the fancy alcantara stitched headliner on the removable Carbon Fiber top was falling off. It looks like the adhesive is giving out so they will fix that as the same time as the brake sensor.

Overall I am glad the clutch issue seems to have been repaired as that was the big issue. These other issues, although annoying, are minor in comparison to the clutch.
    My headliner on the carbon fiber top is also letting go. The adhesive isn't living up to expectations.
    Rodney and C.A.R.O.L.I.N.E. (Candy Apple Red, Outrageously Lovely, Incredibly Nimble Entertainment)

C.A.R.O.L.I.N.E. is a 2016 Long Beach Red, 3LZ, Stage 1, Z06 Coupe with an Automatic 8-speed transmission, the Spice Red Design Package, Competition Seats, a Carbon Flash Hood Stinger, and a Body-Colored Dual Roof Package. She has SunTek paint protective film installed on every painted surface other than on some of the vents' and grille's slats, G3 Carbon's "G3-O7" side skirts, GM StingRay Red Tail Lights, GM Rear Splash Guards from Trunk Monkey, ACS Composite Enhanced Front Wheel Mudflaps from West Coast Corvette, and her mufflers painted with POR15 Aluminum high temperature paint.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links