C7 Splash Guard
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: C7 Splash Guard

Member #
    Liked
    11 times

C7 Splash Guard

I need to add splash guards to my 2015 Corvette stingray. Lots of road rocks where I live. ACS seems to be the best bet.... they have an enhanced splash guard and also an XL splash guard ..... The basic difference is two things: price and wheel coverage. The XL set of four guards is $500...the 4 wheel set of enhanced is around $245....the difference is that the XL goes out about an inch farther from the car body to cover the entire wheel....is it worth it?

Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    833 times
    Here is another way to look at it. At either price point it is less expensive than side skirts (assuming you don’t have them) or installing a clear film on your rockers and rear quarter panels. ACS makes great products. I have their stage one aero package and the quality of the product is great.
    Ateupjoe likes this.
    2017 Grand Sport Coupe, 3LT, Admiral Blue, Heritage Package.
    Previous - 2015 A8 Stingray 2LT, Black, Black Wheels,
    2014 Stingray M7, Blade Silver Metallic, Red Comp Sport Seats, Red Calipers, Carbon Flash Hood Stripe,
    1997 C5 Coupe

Member #
    Liked
    466 times
    I have the GM splash guards in the back, none up front, and side skirts. I haven't had issues with rock chips so far.

Besides sounding insanely expensive (I think I paid $50, not $500 for my splash guards), I can't imagine splash guards on all 4 wheels that stick out even more than the OEM ones looking attractive. I mean, I guess you could paint them red and start hanging out with the WRX crowd?!. 😕

4. Remove Advertisements
    StingrayForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1141 times
    I have the OEM splash guards front and rear. They’ve been on for 14,000 miles and have done an excellent job with no rock chips which is really saying something in Arizona - a super rocky environment. The price is right too.
    Liner Boy and Ateupjoe like this.
    Current: 2019 Coupe, Z06, 3LZ, Elkhart Lake Blue, Jet Black.
    Former: 2015 Coupe, LT1, Z51 3LT, Laguna Blue, Jet Black.

Mileage
    3559 as of September 4, 2016.
    Member #
    Liked
    6083 times
    Here is a thread on the GM splash guards vs the ones from ACS.

https://www.stingrayforums.com/forum...omparison.html

I think the whole thread is worth your time to read. I would point out post #36 in that thread. That is the best coverage for the lowest price.
    jsvette, Liner Boy and Ateupjoe like this.
    Rodney and C.A.R.O.L.I.N.E. (Candy Apple Red, Outrageously Lovely, Incredibly Nimble Entertainment)

C.A.R.O.L.I.N.E. is a 2016 Long Beach Red, 3LZ, Stage 1, Z06 Coupe with an Automatic 8-speed transmission, the Spice Red Design Package, Competition Seats, a Carbon Flash Hood Stinger, and a Body-Colored Dual Roof Package. She has SunTek paint protective film installed on every painted surface other than on some of the vents' and grille's slats, G3 Carbon's "G3-O7" side skirts, GM StingRay Red Tail Lights, GM Rear Splash Guards from Trunk Monkey, ACS Composite Enhanced Front Wheel Mudflaps from West Coast Corvette, and her mufflers painted with POR15 Aluminum high temperature paint.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I say go with the XL splash guards from ACS. I have the enhanced on my Grand Sport but that was before the XLs were available. BTW, i have rocker extensions, Stage 2 front splitter and upper quarter panel vents from ACS. I also have full Xpel. I plan to have my Vette for a long time and want to keep it protected.

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    49 times
    I went with the GM factory splash guards, very inexpensive but very effective. I like the very subtle look that only extends out about a quarter inch or so but enough to stop the rocks chips that I got before I put them on.

Mileage
    4,300 miles
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhoehl View Post
    I need to add splash guards to my 2015 Corvette stingray. Lots of road rocks where I live. ACS seems to be the best bet.... they have an enhanced splash guard and also an XL splash guard ..... The basic difference is two things: price and wheel coverage. The XL set of four guards is $500...the 4 wheel set of enhanced is around $245....the difference is that the XL goes out about an inch farther from the car body to cover the entire wheel....is it worth it?
    I have the enhanced set on my '17 Z06 and they seem to work very well @ protecting against rock chips. The rear splash guards are the GM OEM guards, which are approximately $120 from your Chevrolet Dealer(not the $50 that was posted on this thread.) The front enhanced guards, are slightly more difficult to install than the newer/XL front guards, which use the OEM mounting system. The enhanced front guards use three factory fender liner screws for installation, and work great with no problems. Hope this helps.

Member #
    Liked
    302 times
    I have the GM splash guards (i.e., the ones you buy via parts counter or reseller) on my '16 Stingray front and rear. 15k miles and they've been on since day one and doing pretty well. The factory film in front of the rear wheels is pitted but that's about it. No side skirts on this car. These are going for $62.85 for each set, front and rear, at GMPartsDirect so aprox. $125 for all 4 plus tax. This is the minimum protection you should get. They're easy to find at that and other vendors but that's where I got mine a few years ago and I've been happy with the look and performance on a stingray. Z06 or GS would be a different need with the wide body and even larger/stickier tires and I would probably in that case go with the ACS Enhanced.
    2019 Z06, Shadow Gray Metallic, M7 Coupe
    2016 Stingray Z51, Night Race Blue, M7 Coupe

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    I really appreciate all of you that have weighed in on this subject. I did purchase and install the ACS enhanced front splash guards with the GM rear guards. I am sure that the XL's would have also worked great but affordability was an issue . I really like the look of these enhanced guards on the car and know that it will make a big difference! Thanks again to all of you who weighed in on this subject!

Member #
    Liked
    50 times
    I would like to install the GM splash guards on my 2016 Z06, The GM Parts Direct indicated the 22835635 and 22935639 only fit 2017 -2019 Z06's. Can anyone help clarify this.
    2016 Z06, 3LZ, Couple, Manual, Long Beach Red, Spice Red Package, 10 Spoke Blade Pearl Nickel wheels.

Member #
    Liked
    1141 times
    I was about to order the GM parts for my 2019 Z06 but just saw in Corvette magazine that ACS has a new product that replaces the entire extension and ends in the splash guard. It creates a full coverage rather than the V that is formed by adding the GM part to the stock extension. The new part isn't on ACS's website yet, but they show it in the ad.

Name:  ACS Flare.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  693.3 KB
    JoeCT likes this.
    Current: 2019 Coupe, Z06, 3LZ, Elkhart Lake Blue, Jet Black.
    Former: 2015 Coupe, LT1, Z51 3LT, Laguna Blue, Jet Black.

Member #
    Liked
    302 times
    Quote Originally Posted by German View Post
    I was about to order the GM parts for my 2019 Z06 but just saw in Corvette magazine that ACS has a new product that replaces the entire extension and ends in the splash guard. It creates a full coverage rather than the V that is formed by adding the GM part to the stock extension. The new part isn't on ACS's website yet, but they show it in the ad.
    This product makes nothing but sense. I'm a little afraid to see what it's going to cost.
    2019 Z06, Shadow Gray Metallic, M7 Coupe
    2016 Stingray Z51, Night Race Blue, M7 Coupe

Member #
    Liked
    1065 times
    My history with my 2014 Z51 may be of interest.

From prior Vette experiance, ordered the GM Splash Guards as soon as I got it. Within 1 month the heavy GM plastic "rocker protection" was all dinged from rocks! Ordered full length side skirts. In a few months saw there were no more dings! So removed th GM heavy plastic which had already discolored on he edges!

Sold the car after 3 1/2 years and the rockers looked NEW!

When I ordered my Grand Sport was no question got the full length Carbon Fiber Side Skirts that come with the Stage 2 aero pckage.

From forum commnts also ordered th ACS Splash Guards for the front that were availble 2 years ago, not the latest. Used the GM Splash Guards for the rear (at th time that is all ACS was selling.) So far not a mark on the rockers OR on the lower brake duct opening. Removed the small amount of GM plastic that came with my Stage 2 Aero Option.

Name:  CF Top, SS, & Blk Wheels.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  535.8 KBName:  Side Skirt Close Up.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  326.8 KB
    Last edited by Jerry U; 06-06-2019 at 11:50 AM.
    German likes this.
    Hidden Content 2017 Grand Sport, M7, Stage 2 Aero, Machined Faced Wheels, 2.5 LT Red Interior with Red Seat Belts
    C7 Carbon Rear Diffuser

Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    833 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeCT View Post
    This product makes nothing but sense. I'm a little afraid to see what it's going to cost.
    I purchased ACS’s Aero package with the full length side skirts for my 2017 GS. I have painted them to match my GS and will be installing them soon. Here is what i would say about ACS products; they are well made and easy to work with. A little pricey, but compared to some other side skirts i purchased for my 2015, the ACS product is of much better quality for a few $$$ more. My point is, sometimes the extra dollars is worth the investment for better quality.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    German, elegant and JoeCT like this.
    2017 Grand Sport Coupe, 3LT, Admiral Blue, Heritage Package.
    Previous - 2015 A8 Stingray 2LT, Black, Black Wheels,
    2014 Stingray M7, Blade Silver Metallic, Red Comp Sport Seats, Red Calipers, Carbon Flash Hood Stripe,
    1997 C5 Coupe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links