Fuel door locked - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Fuel door locked

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Just returned from a local NAPA Store where I purchased a 18ea. pack of Trim Panel Retainers Part #665-2391. Same item as shown in Jerry U's post! A little over $6.00 for the pack!

Senior Member loveslittleredcars's Avatar
    Member #
    Liked
    169 times
    OUR15 Where is the "1" screw the dealer removed to unplug soloneid?

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    45 times
    We're getting ready to take a long cruise along Route 66 to California and I came on this thread. It would be just my luck to need a fill up in Tucumcari, MN and have the solenoid fail and not be able to fill up. So, I went to my box of left over screws, plugs, bolts and what ever is left over after reassembly and found a push plug that fit perfectly. The gas door closes and opens without a problem but will not lock when the car is locked. Oh well, at least I won't run out of gas!
    Ateupjoe likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    StingrayForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    720 times
    I took Jerry's route. I had the same thing happen to me at the gas station, but fortunately when I got home it would open. I found a little bolt and nut.
    Name:  Gas lid cap.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  3.11 MB
    Steam and Jerry U like this.
    2016, 1LT Long Beach Red Metallic Tintcoat, Transparent Roof Panel, Body Color Painted Vents, 8-Speed Paddle, Performance Exhaust, Performance Data Video Recorder with Navigation, 3M Bra, Borla X-Pipe, Build date 10/14/2015, Stage two Spoiler.

Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Draw a line straight down from the filler door and almost to the panel seam. Just up along the edge of the wheel well there is a torx screw. It is the only screw there. Remove it and push inner fender liner in a bit to squeeze your hand to grab the plug to the locking thing.
    I tried to add a photo but was unsuccessful. Could be doing something wrong on this forum???
    Last edited by OUR15; 07-08-2019 at 12:37 PM. Reason: added more info

Senior Member loveslittleredcars's Avatar
    Member #
    Liked
    169 times
    Is there a trick to unplug it? Some of the new plug ins have a slider, pincher or something to disconnect. I want to try it before taking the Callaway to the IMSA race @ Laguna Seca in Sept. This will be the 1st nights for it outside & at a motel so I prefer to have it locked. I will have the car cover locked on so it probably would be OK with the bolt in place. When I had my hand in there I'm not sure I was touching the right thing.

Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Quote Originally Posted by loveslittleredcars View Post
    Is there a trick to unplug it? Some of the new plug ins have a slider, pincher or something to disconnect. I want to try it before taking the Callaway to the IMSA race @ Laguna Seca in Sept. This will be the 1st nights for it outside & at a motel so I prefer to have it locked. I will have the car cover locked on so it probably would be OK with the bolt in place. When I had my hand in there I'm not sure I was touching the right thing.
    I am not exactly sure what it is . I am just repeating what the Chevy dealer tech told me. Name:  Fender.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  1.32 MB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links