HELP! front hood scraped from backup car!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: HELP! front hood scraped from backup car!

Member #

HELP! front hood scraped from backup car!

Hey guys, I need a huge help that needs to be addressed and I don't know what to do about it.

So apparently my brother was backing up his car on the driveway, and unfortunately his shift gear accidentally went from parked to reverse. Just so it happens my C7 was parked right behind it and slowly his car rear ended my front hood of my vette. My vette has multiple major scrapes on the front hood lip , a punctured hold near the left headlights, and the grill underneath is missing a few pieces from the impact (as seen from the photos).

So my question is: first, what do you guys do first in this situation in terms of finding repair treatment and how much would it cost? Second, where and how can I repair and restore my front hood/lip back originally before the accident? and third, will it look the same as it was after this is fixed?

Thanks you so much if you could help, I was really disappointed about the accident
    Attached Images Attached Images       

Senior Member loveslittleredcars's Avatar
    Member #
    Liked
    169 times
    I would take it to your dealer & get it fixed.

Member #
    Liked
    280 times
    Very simple as mentioned, take it to the dealer and they will repair/restore just like new by replacing the entire front fascia and front grill.

The question also becomes if you or your brother can afford to pay for the repairs cash which I assume a new front fascia and grill, paint and labor might be a few grand or are you going to file an insurance claim. There are a lot of great collision shops that equally could do a great job and possibly cheaper than dealer.

Your car was parked so in my state, my deductible would be waived. However, they would go after your brother's insurance company for reimbursement since he was at fault. Keep in mind, I live in a No-Fault State and it works a little different in a Fault Insurance State.

I don't know if you can buy the front fascia already painted as someone could easily buy fascia, take to collision shop and have painted, then remove front fascia and grill and install replacements as a DIY if you are handy. I have removed both Grill and Fascia and not a major job to do yourself. Just thinking out of the box and providing multiple options but if money isn't an issue just take it to dealer and be done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by loveslittleredcars View Post
    I would take it to your dealer & get it fixed.
    Last edited by kgrant; 06-24-2019 at 05:32 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    StingrayForums.com
    Advertisements

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    269 times
    Similar work in Lousiaina in march of 2018 cost 1500 for paint, 400 for bumper cover, repalce a lamp and labor for removing lamps 1127. Misc embalams and seals 200. tax and disposal fees on top.
    2016 Blade Silver Z51 Vert with PDR and gray top.

Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Man,
    That’s painful to see...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    53 times
    Doesn't look like a 'do it yourselfer' fix to me.
    I think a reputable body shop is probably in order.
    Good luck!
    Last edited by Spyder#99; 06-25-2019 at 07:39 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Either your brother pays, or call insurance and file the claim.

It WILL look brand new but around here....I'd guess $4,000.
    2015 Z06 w/ Z07 Perf. Pkg.

Hidden Content

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Wow that is an expensive scrape. My C7 Grand Sport was tapped from behind as I was at a stop sign. Had a some scrapes in the bumper and cracked the rear fascia. Replacing the fascia and bumper was $3,500 so i would agree that your repair would be every bit of $4k.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Agreed

Member #
    I had someone back into me and then leave. It scraped the paint off down to the facia.. Estimate is to remove facia, strip all paint, repaint facia and then clear coat including part of fenders & hood. $1887. Facia was not damaged but would have been approx. 900 more. Pretty sure you cannot get pre painted facia

Member #
    Liked
    1221 times
    Ouch. Those were some sad and painful pictures to see. If that was mine, I would also take it to a dealer and have them order all the parts, prepainted and new to replace everything broken. I see the hood, front fascia, grill and drivers headlight all need to be replaced. I don't think the repair and not replace is a good option. I would guess around $7k to replace and reinstall all those parts so that makes it an insurance claim.

Let us know what you decide to do.
    2015 blade silver Z51 3LT A8 Stingray, jet black interior, competition seats, Z51 style chrome rims. Suntek clear bra, carbon flash metallic custom stinger stripe, side mirrors and rear spoiler.
    1986 two-tone silver over grey C4 survivor coupe with slate blue interior and only 47k miles.

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    I had virtually the same damage to my car from a Tahoe backing onto my hood, and grateful he left insurance info. NOTE: It also cracked the radiator I took the car to a very highly rated auto body shop that works on high-end cars and they did an outstanding job restoring it to its previous condition.

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dac15 View Post
    I had virtually the same damage to my car from a Tahoe backing onto my hood, and grateful he left insurance info. NOTE: It also cracked the radiator I took the car to a very highly rated auto body shop that works on high-end cars and they did an outstanding job restoring it to its previous condition.
    How much??? $5K????
    2015 Z06 w/ Z07 Perf. Pkg.

Hidden Content

Member #
    Liked
    246 times
    That is bad It happened to my brand new Ford Expedition couple of weeks ago, somebody backed into a parking lot and left me a nice gift.
    If I use "uninsured motorist" insurance, my Carfax will show "1 accident, I may need to absorb those 2k USD and call it bad luck.
    I feel you bro, the other way to see this is, it's just metal and plastic and paint, nobody got harmed, at the end of the day, it may sound rhetoric, but that is what counts the most.
    Fireeagle likes this.
    Life is too short to drive a boring car

2016 Arctic White C7 Stingray 2LT

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    My dealer quoted me about $800 to R&R the fascia and grill and refinish the fascia (many stone chips.) Obviously, you'd need to add in the cost of the new fascia...
    2014 C7 Z51 3LT M7

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links