Z06 Wheels
Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By VAVETTEMASTER

Thread: Z06 Wheels

Member #
    Liked
    7 times

Z06 Wheels

Will a set of chrome wheels from a 2015 Z06 with steel rotors work on a 2017 Z06 with carbon ceramic rotors?

Member #
    Liked
    403 times
    Yes they should. But it wouldn't be my choice... (I don't like chrome wheels) But all Z06 or GS wheels should work.

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Thanks

4. Remove Advertisements
    StingrayForums.com
    Advertisements

Mileage
    38500 +
    Member #
    Liked
    57 times
    Don't waste you money on those wheels. I have purchased 7 so far and they keep cracking. There is a class action civil suit against GM for these wheels. See the following; Lawsuit Claims C7 Corvette Wheels Are Faulty | GM Authority

Member #
    Liked
    403 times
    Strong, light, inexpensive,

Pick two, the other is inversely proportional.

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Guess I’d be better off with aftermarket reproduction wheels.

Member #
    Liked
    1220 times
    I keep hearing and reading that it is just the Z06 style wheels that have the cracking problem. I've not had any problems with my Z51 chrome rims.
    2015 blade silver Z51 3LT A8 Stingray, jet black interior, competition seats, Z51 style chrome rims. Suntek clear bra, carbon flash metallic custom stinger stripe, side mirrors and rear spoiler.
    1986 two-tone silver over grey C4 survivor coupe with slate blue interior and only 47k miles.

Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    As a Corvette master technician, at a dealer that sells over 20 Corvettes a month. I've never seen a bent or damaged wheel that wasn't caused by impact. These cars will not take pothole damage like some will it's not a truck it's a Corvette
    kgrant, peli, Fireeagle and 1 others like this.

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    I have the painted Z06 wheels on my 17 Grand Sport. They have been on my car for the last 2 yrs. Beautiful wheels, and I've not had any problems with them. No regrets.

Member #
    Liked
    1220 times
    Quote Originally Posted by VAVETTEMASTER View Post
    As a Corvette master technician, at a dealer that sells over 20 Corvettes a month. I've never seen a bent or damaged wheel that wasn't caused by impact. These cars will not take pothole damage like some will it's not a truck it's a Corvette
    VAVETTEMASTER, are you seeing this with all the Corvette rims styles or has there been one more prone to this damage? Could part of the problem be the low profile run flat tires?

PA state roads are generally crap and many locally owned roads are not much better. There are some streets near me we have nicknamed the moon because of all the craters. I've learned to either avoid roads like this completely or going quite a bit slower while dodging the craters and potholes in all my cars. With the low profile tires on my C7, I'm even more careful because there is not much tire cushion between your rims and the road.
    2015 blade silver Z51 3LT A8 Stingray, jet black interior, competition seats, Z51 style chrome rims. Suntek clear bra, carbon flash metallic custom stinger stripe, side mirrors and rear spoiler.
    1986 two-tone silver over grey C4 survivor coupe with slate blue interior and only 47k miles.

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    55 times
    24,000 miles on my 2017 GS CE and have had 1 bent front wheel and 2 cracked rear wheels! 6 Corvettes and never any problems like this. GM says "too bad" ... it's my driving style and their 36 month 36,000 mile bumper to bumper does not cover wheels!!!!! I've lost confidence in GM!!!!

I certainly hope the C8 has better wheels!

Class Action pending .

Doug, Roswell, Georgia

2017 Grand Sport Collector Edition #325 convertible "Watkins Glen Gray /Tension Blue Interior/Fender Accent Stripes"
    Tension Blue (3LT) interior, black top, black wheels, Z-51.

Proud Lifetime Member of the National Corvette Museum

Sponsored Links