Stage 3 Wickerbill height adjustment changed?
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By kgrant
  • 1 Post By Marcho Polo
  • 1 Post By Ron Christensen

Thread: Stage 3 Wickerbill height adjustment changed?

Member #
    Liked
    294 times

Stage 3 Wickerbill height adjustment changed?

This is firmly in the category of things that aren't very important but it made me wonder so here I am. I recently purchased the Level 3 Aero kit for my Stage 2 equipped 2019 Z06. This kit includes the large carbon fiber end caps for the front splitter and the clear (sort of) wicker bill bridge for the rear spoiler (FYI, there was/is a 20% discount):

Name:  Screen Shot 2019-06-24 at 7.26.52 PM.png
Views: 43
Size:  19.9 KB

When installed, the highest it will extend is about even with the side spoilers and it could be adjusted lower. However, when I look back at video and pictures from 2015, it appears that the center wickerbill can be adjusted an inch or so higher than the sides. Did something change or have I purchased a different part? This inquiring mind wants to know, mostly because my car is in for XPEL and Ceramic Pro for a few days so what else am I going to do.
    2019 SGM Z06 M7 Coupe

Member #
    Liked
    273 times
    Well it will depend upon the manufacture of your parts.

My wickerbill has two screws and if you loosen them it allows you to adjust the height and then tighten back the screws. I know because I just adjust mine up to give it a different look as I like switching things up.

See my pictures below.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCT View Post
    This is firmly in the category of things that aren't very important but it made me wonder so here I am. I recently purchased the Level 3 Aero kit for my Stage 2 equipped 2019 Z06. This kit includes the large carbon fiber end caps for the front splitter and the clear (sort of) wicker bill bridge for the rear spoiler (FYI, there was/is a 20% discount):

Name:  Screen Shot 2019-06-24 at 7.26.52 PM.png
Views: 43
Size:  19.9 KB

When installed, the highest it will extend is about even with the side spoilers and it could be adjusted lower. However, when I look back at video and pictures from 2015, it appears that the center wickerbill can be adjusted an inch or so higher than the sides. Did something change or have I purchased a different part? This inquiring mind wants to know, mostly because my car is in for XPEL and Ceramic Pro for a few days so what else am I going to do.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Ateupjoe and JoeCT like this.

Member #
    Liked
    294 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kgrant View Post
    Well it will depend upon the manufacture of your parts.

My wickerbill has two screws and if you loosen them it allows you to adjust the height and then tighten back the screws. I know because I just adjust mine up to give it a different look as I like switching things up.

See my pictures below.
    Mine is from GM purchased directly from them and looks similar of course but unlike yours, the slots are such that it won't go above the side pieces but can be set lower. Doesn't matter much to me, just curious. Thanks for the reply!
    2019 SGM Z06 M7 Coupe

4. Remove Advertisements
    StingrayForums.com
    Advertisements

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    328 times
    I believe OEM only goes level with the side pieces. Aftermarket ones adjust differently.

I have OEM and it only goes as high as the side pieces.
    JoeCT likes this.
    Hidden Content
    2017 M7 Grand Sport Admiral Blue with Comp Seats, PDR

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    302 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcho Polo View Post
    I believe OEM only goes level with the side pieces. Aftermarket ones adjust differently.

I have OEM and it only goes as high as the side pieces.
    I agree! OEM even Steven!
    JoeCT likes this.
    Z06/07 Coupe, A8, 3LZ, Comp seats, CFV.

Member #
    Liked
    298 times
    my OEM wicker bill has essentially three notches, with the highest being about an inch higher than the gurney flaps
    2014 Laguna Blue Z51 Premier Edition #241...Sold
    2016 Laguna Blue Z06/Z07 M7 3LZ...gone Hidden Content
    2017 Arctic White Z06/Z07 M7 MGW Shifter, LG Supercool Radiator, Weapon-X Track Attack Heat Exchanger, Weapon-X Expansion Tank, Halltech Stinger CAI, Kooks 2" long tubes/Xpipe, Nick Williams 103MM TB
    Coming Soon: Frankenstein ED Heads/Cam, Ported Blower

Member #
    kgrant photos show the stage 2 wings. The stage 3 wings are much taller, and will be even, or so abouts, with the center clear piece.

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    228 times
    A little off the original subject but related. I ordered the Stage 3 center piece for my Z06 recently and the longer bolts were not included. Knowing this I contacted my local Chevy dealer where my neighbor is General Manager. Anyone care to venture a guess at how much the 4 required bolts ended up costing? Just shy of $80! That's right around dealer cost! Retail was $29 each! What other options have folks found for these gold plated bolts that would match the others on the Stage 2 wicker? Thanks
    Vette 7: 2018 Z06 2LZ Coupe, M7, Torch Red exterior with Carbon Flash trim, Black interior, NPP Exhaust, Showstopper custom dress up pieces and billet fluid caps. Permagrin re-engaged!

Member #
    Liked
    298 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Meister View Post
    A little off the original subject but related. I ordered the Stage 3 center piece for my Z06 recently and the longer bolts were not included. Knowing this I contacted my local Chevy dealer where my neighbor is General Manager. Anyone care to venture a guess at how much the 4 required bolts ended up costing? Just shy of $80! That's right around dealer cost! Retail was $29 each! What other options have folks found for these gold plated bolts that would match the others on the Stage 2 wicker? Thanks
    Wow that is insane!
    2014 Laguna Blue Z51 Premier Edition #241...Sold
    2016 Laguna Blue Z06/Z07 M7 3LZ...gone Hidden Content
    2017 Arctic White Z06/Z07 M7 MGW Shifter, LG Supercool Radiator, Weapon-X Track Attack Heat Exchanger, Weapon-X Expansion Tank, Halltech Stinger CAI, Kooks 2" long tubes/Xpipe, Nick Williams 103MM TB
    Coming Soon: Frankenstein ED Heads/Cam, Ported Blower

Member #
    Liked
    294 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Meister View Post
    Wow, must have been developed by NASA
    Last edited by JoeCT; Today at 09:32 PM.
    2019 SGM Z06 M7 Coupe

Sponsored Links