Using Amazon xpel

Thread: Using Amazon xpel

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    113 times

Using Amazon xpel

Anyone used this stuff from Amazon? Easy to use? Considering wrapping my new skirts in it before putting them on instead of taking it somewhere.

Thanks ahead of time!
    2015 Z06 Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic
    Hidden Content
    Aurora - M7 - "RKTSHP"

Member #
    Liked
    20 times

Using Amazon xpel

Not sure about DIY but my XPEL installer says the film should be done after the splitters are installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    280 times
    Installers prefer most parts to be installed as it is easier to work with the xpel in cutting and shaping because you don't have to figure out how to hold the part in place to install. Look at this way, if you were installing it, would you prefer to do it laying across a table or mention or have it stationary on the car!

Quote Originally Posted by ctpj View Post
    Not sure about DIY but my XPEL installer says the film should be done after the splitters are installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    StingrayForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1222 times
    I've not used it but have done some pre-cut striping that turned out great. If you want to try to use it, they are probably the best since they are pretty well hidden. Post some pics after you do it, but make sure the car is clean and the environment you do it is also clean since that is what the pro installers usually do.

i thought about going this route for the clear bra, but opted for professional installation since the front end is much more visible than side skirts. The last thing I wanted was to have it come out like crap and then have to remove it and either try again or have a pro do it, especially on the Vette.
    2015 blade silver Z51 3LT A8 Stingray, jet black interior, competition seats, Z51 style chrome rims. Suntek clear bra, carbon flash metallic custom stinger stripe, side mirrors and rear spoiler.
    1986 two-tone silver over grey C4 survivor coupe with slate blue interior and only 47k miles.

Sponsored Links