Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By cutnout
  • 1 Post By Ateupjoe

Thread: 2017 recall clarification

Member #
    Liked
    789 times

2017 recall clarification

Its looks like I need to get the recall done on the 2017 steering loss. I would like to know what is needed to fix the recall. If a forum member had it done please share some details. I wonder why just the 2017 is suspect. Charlie aka cutnout
    2017 convertible W/Z51, 3LT, auto, chrome wheels, magnetic ride control W/PTM, wifi, remote start, Black Rose, Kalahari/ Black top --Found at a dealer (forum supporter) delivered April 10, 8 miles on the odometer. Charlie

Member #
    Liked
    789 times
    Got the recall done. The steering box is new. Charlie aka cutnout
    Quote Originally Posted by cutnout View Post
    Its looks like I need to get the recall done on the 2017 steering loss. I would like to know what is needed to fix the recall. If a forum member had it done please share some details. I wonder why just the 2017 is suspect. Charlie aka cutnout
    Vigilance247 likes this.
    2017 convertible W/Z51, 3LT, auto, chrome wheels, magnetic ride control W/PTM, wifi, remote start, Black Rose, Kalahari/ Black top --Found at a dealer (forum supporter) delivered April 10, 8 miles on the odometer. Charlie

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    3094 times
    Did you get notified from GM about this recall? I have a 2017 GS and no notice came to me unless I missed it somehow.
    cutnout likes this.
    Bryan
    1978 "Fastback Shark" - Shark grey was 50th BD gift to my bride.
    2015 Rebel 1 Stingray - Torch Red, Z51, 3LT, Manual, Custom Stinger, G3 splitter and skirts. Sold 3/31 at 20,800 smiles of miles. 20th anniversary gift.
    2017 Rebel 2 Grand Sport - Torch Red ext/Black int, 2LT, Manual, 22yr anniversary gift.

4. Remove Advertisements
    StingrayForums.com
    Advertisements

Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    830 times
    Bryan, I received mine several months ago but no parts were available. I received another. Notice this week and it now appears the part is available. You can check your VIN# thru the My Chevrolet app.
    2017 Grand Sport Coupe, 3LT, Admiral Blue, Heritage Package.
    Previous - 2015 A8 Stingray 2LT, Black, Black Wheels,
    2014 Stingray M7, Blade Silver Metallic, Red Comp Sport Seats, Red Calipers, Carbon Flash Hood Stripe,
    1997 C5 Coupe

Member #
    Liked
    789 times
    The recall affected Camero's and Corvettes and I got the recall months ago with a followup a couple of weeks ago as I was talking to On-Star. Parts were slow in coming. However the recall was due to a different supplier and you might not be in the Vins involved. I would definitely check as a steering failure in traffic could be interesting. charlie
    Quote Originally Posted by Ateupjoe View Post
    Did you get notified from GM about this recall? I have a 2017 GS and no notice came to me unless I missed it somehow.

Sponsored Links