Fuel door stuck in locked mode - Page 13
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
Like Tree148Likes

Thread: Fuel door stuck in locked mode

Member #
    Liked
    336 times
    Quote Originally Posted by loveslittleredcars View Post
    Is it possible to tie a heavy string to the actuator & run the other end into the storage, trunk, area with the drivers door opener behind the drivers seat? Are the angles such that it would be possible to pull the actuator. Would it stay in the open position?
    Good question. I hope someone can answer this. It sounds like a jury-rigged duplication of the cable-operated locking gas flap I have had on my last three cars. And for those who say they have never heard of a problem with fuel vandals, I have had a problem. I came outside to find the flap of my C3's gas tank wide open with the fuel cap removed. That scared me so much I went right out and bought a locking fuel cap.

Member #
    Liked
    173 times
    It is definitely possible to run a cable to the actuator arm because forum members have done it... One ran a cable inside a plastic tube that terminated inside the left rear storage compartment.
    However, be aware that the actuator is NOT spring loaded, but rather a motor that is driven open or closed by reversing polarity... Therefore, to pull it open you would have to deflect the arm, or slowly pull the actuator into the open position against the motor and drive gear resistance, not easy.
    The good news is that it will stay in whatever position it is in when last energized.
    This is most likely the reason GM did not include a manual release like on previous models.

I still say the best solution is to just remove the actuator completely and forget about it.

Name:  fueldoorsolenoidTEXT.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  1.40 MB
    Last edited by texhawk; 02-25-2018 at 07:47 PM.

Senior Member loveslittleredcars's Avatar
    Member #
    Liked
    169 times
    O O Just looked at the picture close. The part was assembled in CHINA. Better yank it out quick. Since I am thinking of selling the Callaway to get the ME I think I'll take my chance with it. Thanks
    Boomer likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    StingrayForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2210 times
    Quote Originally Posted by loveslittleredcars View Post
    O O Just looked at the picture close. The part was assembled in CHINA. Better yank it out quick. Since I am thinking of selling the Callaway to get the ME I think I'll take my chance with it. Thanks
    Didn't notice that. Its OK they assembled it. Mine works fine. "I'll take my chance with it" too.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Sponsored Links