Stingray Corvette Forum banner

Introducing myself and my 14' night race blue vert

3K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  U.S. Marine 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,

I recently purchased a 14' night race blue metallic z51 3lt convertible with 200 miles on sale it. I originally was in the caddy dealership looking for another V when I seen this z51 sitting on the showroom with the top down and decided I had to have it. So far, the only thing I've done to it is swap out the splash shields in the fenders to protect the paint. I plan on doing an Xpel paint film kit soon. Absolutely love the car and just wanted to share my new purchase with you guys.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Welcome to Stingrayforums Nightracevert! I moved your thread to the Introductions area. Enjoy the forum!

#4 ·
Congratulations on your purchase. Wow, that is a low-mileage 2014.

Make sure you get your 500 mile oil change done in your dry sump system.

#9 ·
Welcome to our forum Nightracevert and congrats on a great looking Z51 Vert! Enjoy :eek:nthego:

#10 ·
Congratulations niceracevert! As it is a Z-51, please remember that it needs to have its oil and filter changed at 500 miles. Depending on its date of manufacture, it could still be under warranty.

We know you will enjoy your beauty!!!

#13 ·
Yeah it was almost like fate for me... wasn't looking for a vette at the time but ALWAYS wanted one. The car came off lease from California and the way the night race blue contrasts off of the carbon flash metallic is almost magical. The interior was much nicer than the zr-1's I was pondering about in the previous months before. This one just felt much nicer, felt more Cadillac-like. No doubt the zr-1 is the hellion of the bunch, but didn't quite fill the V-oid that Cadillac left when I sold my second V. The zr-1 would absolutly stomp the c7 but that wasn't what I was looking for... I was looking for a luxurious sports car.

I now have almost 1,000 miles on my car and performed the first oil change last weekend when I drove it to Minnesota. I absolutely had to find out what it could do without redlining at 3,500 rpm. I now know, and it feels like the 700hp Cadillac it replaced. I now use it for a chair in my garage during the week, but on the weekends- it get driven the way it was engineered. I've owned it about 7 days now and I'm honestly just stoked with this car. Here is a photo of its weekly usage ....

Attachments

#18 ·
Beautiful car . You guys are killing me. Picked up a 2015 Z51 Vert 3 months ago with 2100 miles and i thought it was killer. Since then have come to find out apparently mine had high mileage compared to some. Gotta love these low mileage cars. If mine is any indication you will absolutely love this car. My first convertible and i am absolutely enjoying every minute of it . Can't wait for the temps to rise a bit so I can loose the top more.

#19 ·
Nightracevert, welcome aboard and congrats on the find of your "low mileage" C7 masterpiece vert. Have a blast wheeling around Indiana!

SF
Rick

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.