Super Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    20k+
    Member #
    Liked
    10655 times

Cool C8 Pricing announced

GM has announced the pricing for the new C8: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...933704#pricing

1LT starts at $59,995
    2LT starts at $67,295
    3LT starts at $71,945
    Last edited by jsvette; 08-15-2019 at 06:16 AM.
    aka Jeff
    'RedHot' Prod.Wk 7 Oct '13 Museum Del. 29 Oct '13
    Torch Red, 2LT Adrenaline Red, AutoTrans., Nav., Perf. Exhaust, Transparent panel, Red Brembos, CQuartz Finest
    Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum

Mileage
    38500 +
    Member #
    Liked
    71 times
    After viewing the base pricing and then adding up the options most of us would want, the pricing is way over what the market will bear. Seems like GM elevated pricing on the options list for certain items and lowered on some as well. Overall a Z51 will cost about 85-90K given the most popular options. Not having any numbers on the Grand Sport or Z06 packages, this car will clearly break 6 digits on a Grand Sport and about 125 on a Z06. All that hoopla about this car being under 60k is b.s.. The destination and dealer prep charges will be another 2K on top of the $59,995 they advertise. If the target market for this car is today's youth, GM can forget about it. The over 50 crowd for the most part will be the largest target market because they have the funds to make this purchase. There may very well be lots of demand initially for this car, it just will never hold up on the long run. For now, there are discounts up to 15k on a C7 and ultimately, many will take advantage of the deep discounts and low interest rates before spending 85-90k on a car that may be plagued with problems.
    Fireeagle likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1248 times
    Loving my C7 Z51 3LT even more after seeing the pricing. Specing out what I have now puts it about $10k over the sticker from my C7 that was in the mid $80k. The deal I got makes me smile even more. I can wait.

Kevin is right. GM going after the younger market, unless they all just go base LT1 with no major options may be what they have in mind.
    2015 blade silver Z51 3LT A8 Stingray, jet black interior, competition seats, Z51 style chrome rims. Suntek clear bra, carbon flash metallic custom stinger stripe, side mirrors and rear spoiler.
    1986 two-tone silver over grey C4 survivor coupe with slate blue interior and only 47k miles.

4. Remove Advertisements
    StingrayForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1143 times
    Destination is included in the prices quoted by jsvette.
    2014 Z51, MN7, Laguna Blue, 3LT Brownstone, MSRC, NPP, Yellow Calipers, Visible Carbon Fiber Roof, Carbon Fiber Dash, Carbon Flash Mirrors and Spoiler, Black Wheels, NCM Delivery on 2/13 - day after sinkhole.

Member #
    Liked
    234 times
    You can get a 1LT with Z51 and MRC for under 68k thatís a lot of car for that price. Iím an old guy and my loaded 3LT with out the Z51/MRC is under 78K with NPP still a fantastic bargain and 1/2 the cost of its closest mid-engine competitors. I was at the dealer this am and saw a 19 GS Z51 was just under 81k MSRP.
    Itís all about perspective. GM will sell a lot of these C8 and at MSRP for awhile imho ymmv. Itís about 16% more then my 14 3LT sticker
    I think the C8 is a fantastic value at least for me.
    2014 Laguna Blue Stingray Coupe with Jet Black , 3LT, A6 ..... " CindyBlueĒ
    C8 on order 3LT-GS7w/HTO,Z51,FE4,E60,Q8T,ZZ3,FA5,J6E,VQK,RWJ,ERI

Mileage
    3559 as of September 4, 2016.
    Member #
    Liked
    6108 times
    Well, I hit the starting price precisely to the penny back on October 24, 2017...

https://www.stingrayforums.com/forum...tml#post762234

But then I went on and revised my first price, and ended up missing it by $65.
    Rodney and C.A.R.O.L.I.N.E. (Candy Apple Red, Outrageously Lovely, Incredibly Nimble Entertainment)

C.A.R.O.L.I.N.E. is a 2016 Long Beach Red, 3LZ, Stage 1, Z06 Coupe with an Automatic 8-speed transmission, the Spice Red Design Package, Competition Seats, a Carbon Flash Hood Stinger, and a Body-Colored Dual Roof Package. She has SunTek paint protective film installed on every painted surface other than on some of the vents' and grille's slats, G3 Carbon's "G3-O7" side skirts, GM StingRay Red Tail Lights, GM Rear Splash Guards from Trunk Monkey, ACS Composite Enhanced Front Wheel Mudflaps from West Coast Corvette, and her mufflers painted with POR15 Aluminum high temperature paint.

Member #
    Liked
    198 times
    When GM says they're aiming for a younger market, they're not talking about teenagers and college students. They're talking about middle-aged, upper-middle-class professionals (as opposed to retirees and near-retirees).

So, compare what you get from a C8 to a similarly priced Porsche Cayman or Boxster or BMW M-car. In terms of value, the C8 is a home run.
    2016 C7 Stingray Coupe -- Blade Silver -- Z51 1LT M7

Super Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    20k+
    Member #
    Liked
    10655 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RoninX View Post
    When GM says they're aiming for a younger market, they're not talking about teenagers and college students. They're talking about middle-aged, upper-middle-class professionals (as opposed to retirees and near-retirees).

So, compare what you get from a C8 to a similarly priced Porsche Cayman or Boxster or BMW M-car. In terms of value, the C8 is a home run.
    Well stated!
    aka Jeff
    'RedHot' Prod.Wk 7 Oct '13 Museum Del. 29 Oct '13
    Torch Red, 2LT Adrenaline Red, AutoTrans., Nav., Perf. Exhaust, Transparent panel, Red Brembos, CQuartz Finest
    Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum

Sponsored Links