Stingray Corvette Forum banner

Official Long Beach Red Tintcoat Thread

203K views 344 replies 81 participants last post by  mjdart 
#1 · (Edited)
Thanks to Ken Fichtner, we have learned about 2016's new red exterior color, option code, G1E, Long Beach Red Tintcoat. Subsequently, here is our first glimpse of it.

Red Text Rectangle Material property Carmine

CorvetteBlogger said:
The other new color on the boards is G1E — Long Beach Red! That color looks to have a lot of metal flake in it and will probably sparkle under the sun like no other color in the Corvette’s color portfolio. However, it may be like the current Night Race Blue in that you have to see the color in direct sunlight to really appreciate it.

See less See more
#2 ·
In the sun that should be stunning!

#5 ·
Even on a cloudy day, here is Long Beach Red, with optional new wheels and LBR is beautiful!

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sports car Automotive design

Thanks "Tool Hoarder" for the photo.

#9 ·

Attachments

#6 ·
wow! that's gorgeous!

#8 ·
Wow. Killer color. Again, I can't recall any car produced over the last 20 plus years that looks so good in every stinkin' color! My goodness did the GM designers hit the cover off the ball on this design.

#16 ·
View attachment 26450 Took this at the Bash Friday so glad I waited for 2016 to order now, we love this color!!
Just placed my order for a 2016 Laguna Blue; after seeing this I'm seriously considering changing to the LBR with the spice interior---arrrggg DECISIONS!!!!

#13 · (Edited)
We do too! Very classy, and at the same time, kind of like a 20% subdued candy apple red. Annie says is reminds her of our C5's Magnetic Red Metallic II.

She and I just looked up the Siren Red we are getting on our upcoming 2016 Volt, and excitedly learned it is the identical paint code (G1E). Made our day!!!

#15 ·
We do too! Very classy, and at the same time, kind of like a 20% subdued candy apple red. Annie says is reminds her of our C5's Magnetic Red Metallic II.

She and I just end looked up the Siren Red we are getting on our upcoming 2016 Volt, and excitedly learned it is the identical paint code (G1E). Made our day!!!
It is a dead ringer for Monterey Red from 2006.

#14 ·
Very nice tswillys and welcome to our forum! I gather that beauty is similar to what you will be ordering :cool:

#17 ·
Here are some more good Long Beach Red Tintcoat pictures, thanks to Mike Furman (Criswell Auto).

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sports car Automotive design

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Sports car

Attachments

#20 ·
I'm really liking it Mike. I'm super happy with my Laguna Blue, but that Long Beach Red would be my second choice..... Or maybe two Z06's side by side in the garage would be nice too. The addition of the front camera's is excellent as well, but I'll make due with curb alert. It's already saved me BIG $$$$ in front splitter replacement costs...

#19 ·
tswillys, welcome aboard and yes that is a sweet color for a Vette.

SF
Rick

Reactions: tswillys
#24 ·
Some more Long Beach Red Tintcoat colors, thanks to Rick Conti. One caution about how it looks in low-light conditions, as one of the previous pictures shows, is that it can appear very dark, and it's dark burgundy component becomes more and more evident the less light is on it.

#26 ·
Mike,
Thanks for this shot. I currently have an 06 Monty Red and am looking at the new color for my next purchase. You are making my day by this comparison.

Mike
AmmoVet

#30 ·
First to get built will be the week of 10 Aug. that gives them a week to get it right cause mine is expected to be built the week after!

Reactions: tswillys
#33 ·
Z51 Coupe, Long Beach Red, 3LT, Brownstone, MSRC, chrome,nav.

5/6/15 = Event Code 1100 , Work Bench Order created
6/16/15 = Event Code 3000, accepted by production
6/19/15 = Event Code 3000 with TPW 17 August 2015
8/6/15 = Event Code 3300 today

#40 ·
Z51 Coupe, Long Beach Red, 3LT, Brownstone, MSRC, chrome,nav.

This car and combination is going to be Gorgeous! Congrats on your choices.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.