Stingray Corvette Forum banner

The Official Blade Silver Thread

203K views 407 replies 107 participants last post by  Vagsvette 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Welcome to the official StingrayForums.com 2014+ C7 Corvette Blade Silver Photo Thread! Post all your Blade Silver Stingray photos in here!

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sports car Motor vehicle

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Boy, I thought that another red Vette was on my horizon, but the Blade Silver Coupe (third silver in a row) with black wheels (no more chrome to polish or brake dust to wipe off) and the rear black spoiler are outstanding. Not sure of the black racing stripes though and must add a red/blk. 3LT leather interior, 7 speed, Z51 and NPP a must will now be my early 2015 selection - hope that by then that a GS option would be available? I will have to bid goodbye to my '10 GS. conv. to save garage space. dt

#100 ·
Just a quick reply about the black wheels. They are just as bad as the chrome when it comes to brake dust. The brake dust makes them turn a sorta brown color.

That being said, I would order them again in a heartbeat!!!! On a Blade Silver Vette they are awesome ... you just have to keep them clean, which I would do in any case.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sports car Automotive design

#6 ·
Most likely the easiest to keep clean .....

#9 · (Edited)
Ok, it doesn't look like Blade Silver is getting the love it deserves. Here are some shots I created on the Chevy Website of the one I want to order late next year, 3LT with Adrenalin Red interior. SWEET!
I did the wheels in both Chrome and painted. I plan to get them in painted and then send them out to be black chromed. I think the black chrome will look awesome with the silver and black. I love the carbon stripes too.

#46 ·
LOVE IT!!!!! Anxiously awaiting delivery on my Blade Silver w/ CG stripe Z-51 convertible. Looking at yours made me drool!!!

From GM site:
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sports car Automotive design

Reactions: weaponX
#14 ·
Come on, there has to be more Blade Silver cars out there! I know it must be a minority, but there has to me more that can be posted on here. I need my Blade Silver fix! :)

#188 ·
Ditto... when I get my order, I'll post it here. Blade Silver, Z51, black wheels, black side mirrors, black badges, black spoiler. No stripes. A8. Oh, and one difference from many of the Blade Silver cars I've seen... Yellow calipers. Should be ready by middle of August or early September.

#15 ·
Here's your Blade Silver "fix":

I have a close "cousin," Machine Silver on my C6 Z06 and it is the easiest color to keep clean. Love it, though will be changing to VY for my 2015.

#18 ·
Oh YEAH!!! Thanks John and WeaponX, I needed that eye candy this Monday morning before hitting the grindstone. :)

#20 ·
Nicely done CruznCorvette- almost looks surreal. :cool:

#23 ·
Wow, that is really pretty! I love the combination of those three colors!

#24 ·
Looks great Wade427 (or should that be Wade6.2 or Wade460 ;) ) :cool:

Reactions: Wade427
#26 ·
^^We all know how many vehicles on the road are silver.Not a huge fan of it,But saw a vert with this exact combo is mental,huge POP factor.Something with this color on a vert including the rear spoiler.It gives the appearance the car is shorter,stubbier with a shorter rear deck.Maybe i need new glasses? The stinger on the hood is a nice add-on too? You nailed it.CHROME BANG!!:p

#27 ·
STVETTE
You are right that there a huge number of silver cars on the road but this, Blade Silver, is a much richer deeper silver color. I don't know how to explain it but it's different the color has depth! The German and Japanese silvers pale in comparison with this car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.