• 2 Post By Ateupjoe

Thread: Round Two: FIGHT!

Mileage
    About 4700
    Member #
    Liked
    417 times

Round Two: FIGHT!

Wonderful denizens of SRF, in about 5 months Iíll purchase my second C7. Seeking advice from you all regarding what to look for in a used Corvette, and any recommendations on dealers in the Maryland area. Specifically looking for an M7 Z51 w/NPP and mag ride. Iím not opposed to a GS, but the cost of tires in the long run weighs on me.

I owned a 2014 Z51, so Iím not new to C7ís in general.

Looking forward to any suggestions/advice.

Thank you!
    I Love Chemical Energetics!
    Todd

Super Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    19k+
    Member #
    Liked
    10450 times
    Todd, I suggest you contact our forum sponsor Mike Furman at Criswell Chevrolet (Mike Furman, 301 212 4420 desk direct, Criswell Chevrolet Www.corvettefurman.com ) and let him know what you would like and your parameters. Best of luck in your search!
    aka Jeff
    'RedHot' Prod.Wk 7 Oct '13 Museum Del. 29 Oct '13
    Torch Red, 2LT Adrenaline Red, AutoTrans., Nav., Perf. Exhaust, Transparent panel, Red Brembos, CQuartz Finest
    Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Todd

I bought mine used also, and what I have learned;

1. look at Carfax report - mine had the tires replaced 3 times, suspicious( could have been he was smoking the tires for show)
    2. Needed new brakes and rotors
    3. Bad sway bar end links (you have to remove them to really see if they are bad)
    4. I changed all fluids, motor, tranny, differential
    5. Mine had about 38000 on the clock when purchased.
    Ateupjoe, Steam and Fireeagle like this.
    2015 Corvette Stingray, Z51, 2LT, M7, Blade Silver, Z06 Grill, Z06 Rear Quarter Panel vents, Michelin Pilot Sport 4S (highly recommend), AFE Momentum Intake

4. Remove Advertisements
    StingrayForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I am also in shopping mode for a used Z06 and Carfax is my bible. I'm looking for low mileage, none of the things we all stress about (accidents, branded title, too many owners, etc.) and some warranty left if at all possible....as there's SO much that can go wrong in ANY car!

Mileage
    On me or the car?
    Member #
    Liked
    785 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mneadle View Post
    I am also in shopping mode for a used Z06 and Carfax is my bible. I'm looking for low mileage, none of the things we all stress about (accidents, branded title, too many owners, etc.) and some warranty left if at all possible....as there's SO much that can go wrong in ANY car!
    To bad your on the other side of the Country. Local dealer in LA has a used ZR1 with a few hundred miles on it that I'm betting he is ready to move.
    2015 3LT/Z51 Convertible. Arctic White with Black Top, Black Leather and Sueade interior with white stitching and with Carbon Fiber Tonneau cover. Carbon Flash emblems and Competition Seats.

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    3069 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 15snow-ray View Post
    To bad your on the other side of the Country. Local dealer in LA has a used ZR1 with a few hundred miles on it that I'm betting he is ready to move.
    At a GS price and I'm in!!! Got a link to share? I'd fly out to see it and drive it home.
    Steam and TXAg92 like this.
    Bryan
    1978 "Fastback Shark" - Shark grey was 50th BD gift to my bride.
    2015 Rebel 1 Stingray - Torch Red, Z51, 3LT, Manual, Custom Stinger, G3 splitter and skirts. Sold 3/31 at 20,800 smiles of miles. 20th anniversary gift.
    2017 Rebel 2 Grand Sport - Torch Red ext/Black int, 2LT, Manual, 22yr anniversary gift.

Mileage
    On me or the car?
    Member #
    Liked
    785 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ateupjoe View Post
    At a GS price and I'm in!!! Got a link to share? I'd fly out to see it and drive it home.
    PM sent ... Not hardly a GS price at $138,000. for a ZR1 convertible .However some would say a bargain compared to the new ZR1 coupe next to it at $150,000.
    Last edited by 15snow-ray; 05-16-2019 at 01:36 AM.
    2015 3LT/Z51 Convertible. Arctic White with Black Top, Black Leather and Sueade interior with white stitching and with Carbon Fiber Tonneau cover. Carbon Flash emblems and Competition Seats.

Member #
    Liked
    1188 times
    I'd highly recommend CarGurus in your search. Great resource for pricing and what's around you locally.

Great choice in looking for the Z51. Once you find something, get the Carfax done by the dealer. It doesn't always show everything, but when you do your inspection, you will be able to tell how well it was cared for.
    2015 blade silver Z51 3LT A8 Stingray, jet black interior, competition seats, Z51 style chrome rims. Suntek clear bra, carbon flash metallic custom stinger stripe, side mirrors and rear spoiler.
    1986 two-tone silver over grey C4 survivor coupe with slate blue interior and only 47k miles.

Sponsored Links