HELP - buying a 2016 Z06 w/ 1,700 miles
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: HELP - buying a 2016 Z06 w/ 1,700 miles

Member #
    Liked
    5 times

HELP - buying a 2016 Z06 w/ 1,700 miles

I've narrowed my search to 2 vehicles; and really like the 2016 Z06 3LT with 1,700 miles but it went out of warranty in march and it's 1/2 way across the country so I can't test drive or "look" at it.

What should I ask about, or if I have a shop go over it, anything special that should be checked on a 3 year old with so few miles?

It's from a dealer, but not a Chevy dealer.

The Plan B has 8,000 miles, also a 2016, also needs to be shipped to me, but has a few months warranty left so at least if I get it and there's something wrong I can bring it to a local dealer.

THANKS from this newbie!!

Mileage
    On me or the car?
    Member #
    Liked
    785 times
    Pretty sure either car will be able to be GM certified for an extended warranty. I assume option B is also a Z06 ? Personally for me I never saw the need for the extra power of the Z06 and i will never track the car . But you might want it . Also a huge fan of these low mileage cars. And at 1700 miles that certainly qualifies. While 8000 is low miles certainly it is more in line with what a lot of owners are putting on their cars as many of us do not use these cars as daily drivers. If it were I , I would want someone I trust and knowledgeable to actually look and touch the car, but that is me. I tend to be a bit of a perfectionist and not very trusting of what salesman tell me.
    Think you will be happy either way so find the color and options you love and go for it. But do invest in the extended warranty from GM. Cheap insurance overall.
    2015 3LT/Z51 Convertible. Arctic White with Black Top, Black Leather and Sueade interior with white stitching and with Carbon Fiber Tonneau cover. Carbon Flash emblems and Competition Seats.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 15snow-ray View Post
    Pretty sure either car will be able to be GM certified for an extended warranty. I assume option B is also a Z06 ? Personally for me I never saw the need for the extra power of the Z06 and i will never track the car . But you might want it . Also a huge fan of these low mileage cars. And at 1700 miles that certainly qualifies. While 8000 is low miles certainly it is more in line with what a lot of owners are putting on their cars as many of us do not use these cars as daily drivers. If it were I , I would want someone I trust and knowledgeable to actually look and touch the car, but that is me. I tend to be a bit of a perfectionist and not very trusting of what salesman tell me.
    Think you will be happy either way so find the color and options you love and go for it. But do invest in the extended warranty from GM. Cheap insurance overall.
    Super appreciate the feedback. I asked of they could CPO it but only Chevy dealer can. Thinking I'd get raped taking it to a Chevy dealer not involved in the sale, I can prolly get a 3rd party extended warranty. Yes, Plan B is a Z06. I should probably drive a regular one. My fear is that after 1 year I'll want the Z06. WAY different beast but I traded in my XR for an XFR that has 505 HP after 1 year. I live in New England and would never drive any vette in the Winter. I will take it off insurance for several moths and keep it garaged with my XFR.

4. Remove Advertisements
    StingrayForums.com
    Advertisements

Mileage
    On me or the car?
    Member #
    Liked
    785 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mneadle View Post
    Super appreciate the feedback. I asked of they could CPO it but only Chevy dealer can. Thinking I'd get raped taking it to a Chevy dealer not involved in the sale, I can prolly get a 3rd party extended warranty. Yes, Plan B is a Z06. I should probably drive a regular one. My fear is that after 1 year I'll want the Z06. WAY different beast but I traded in my XR for an XFR that has 505 HP after 1 year. I live in New England and would never drive any vette in the Winter. I will take it off insurance for several moths and keep it garaged with my XFR.
    I purchased my 2015 from a Porsche dealer when it was 18 months old with 2100 miles. Originally I thought as you do and they sold me a third party warranty for around $3,000. Two days later while visiting a local Chevrolet dealer and showing off my new acquisition the Finance manager looked at my deal and told me she could save me money and get me a better GM bumper to bumper warranty. She also informed me that if it is cancelled within 30 days in California you can get your $$refunded. I called the Porsche dealer and cancelled my extended warranty, received the refund and purchased a better warranty from her for about $2000.00. And I might add the Chevrolet dealer was able to look up my vin# and tell me my C7 was a GM Exec car owned by GM for the first year and as such not registered so I actually got an extra year of factory warranty as your warranty period does not start until it leaves GM ownership.
    And if you check the blogs on this subject there are many examples of folks get even better deals from sponsor dealers on this forum.
    Good luck in the pursuit of your C7.
    Last edited by 15snow-ray; 05-09-2019 at 08:21 PM.
    jsvette, mneadle and Steam like this.
    2015 3LT/Z51 Convertible. Arctic White with Black Top, Black Leather and Sueade interior with white stitching and with Carbon Fiber Tonneau cover. Carbon Flash emblems and Competition Seats.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    GREAT info. !!!

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    44 times
    Get the Z06 and don’t look back. It hits the sweet spot on power and you’ll be grinning from ear to ear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2018 Torch Red Z06 Vert - M7
    2013 CRM GS Coupe - M6 with Magnuson SC
    1962 Red 327 350HP Vert - M4

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    Get the Z06 and don’t look back. It hits the sweet spot on power and you’ll be grinning from ear to ear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    AMEN! Precisely what I was thinking

Have been scouring every single used car site I think I know most Z06's F/S nationwide and certainly EVERY blue one; both Admiral and Elkhart Lake!!

Member #
    Liked
    720 times
    Oh Yes! Get the ZO6! No comparison on the fun factor. No replacement for HP baby at least for me!
    mneadle likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    There's a gorgeous C7.R on eBay for $75,000. Yellow with less than 800 miles. Seems a great deal with so few miles. Not my thing though really.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Well, it was actually listed for $74,500 but sold for $74,000 with 719 miles.

Member #
    Liked
    1189 times
    Welcome to the forum mneadle. Let us know which one you settle on. I looked at both and decided that the Z51 was the right one for me. It hauls even without the supercharger. If I was going to track it, the Z06 would have found it's way into my garage so that I could really use that extra power. The good thing is that you have choices. Enjoy your new ride once you decide.
    2015 blade silver Z51 3LT A8 Stingray, jet black interior, competition seats, Z51 style chrome rims. Suntek clear bra, carbon flash metallic custom stinger stripe, side mirrors and rear spoiler.
    1986 two-tone silver over grey C4 survivor coupe with slate blue interior and only 47k miles.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I am definitely NOT going to track it but was allured by all the HP. I know it's different beast but my Jaguar has 510 HP and I didn't want to go backwards.

Yesterday I put the deposit down and because I'm a "remote" buyer they'll send me all the paperwork in the next couple days and I'll sign and return with a fat bank check.

I got a 2015 CPO Z06 3LZ w/ Z07 package. Yellow automatic. Pretty psyched!! My Avatar is the actual car.
    Last edited by mneadle; 05-18-2019 at 08:53 AM.
    Busa Dave and Henry427 like this.

Super Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    19k+
    Member #
    Liked
    10457 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mneadle View Post
    I am definitely NOT going to track it but was allured by all the HP. I know it's different beast but my Jaguar has 510 HP and I didn't want to go backwards.

Yesterday I put the deposit down and because I'm a "remote" buyer they'll send me all the paperwork in the next couple days and I'll sign and return with a fat bank check.

I got a 2015 CPO Z06 3LZ w/ Z07 package. Yellow automatic. Pretty psyched!! My Avatar is the actual car.
    Congratulations! Looks great, enjoy
    mneadle likes this.
    aka Jeff
    'RedHot' Prod.Wk 7 Oct '13 Museum Del. 29 Oct '13
    Torch Red, 2LT Adrenaline Red, AutoTrans., Nav., Perf. Exhaust, Transparent panel, Red Brembos, CQuartz Finest
    Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum

Mileage
    On me or the car?
    Member #
    Liked
    785 times
    Congratulations and enjoy the new ride.
    mneadle likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Thanks guys!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links