2014 C7 Cruise Control
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BillCur

Thread: 2014 C7 Cruise Control

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

2014 C7 Cruise Control

I have a 2014 Z51. About a year ago I noticed my cruise control doesn't seem to set. It is not the buttons in my wheel since when I activate it the center information read out informs me that cruise is now set at 75 or whatever speed. But, it does not stay at that speed when I release the throttle. Took it to the dealer I bought it from at a pre-arrainged appointment date and time. The first thing they told me was that they wouldn't have a technician in to look at it till Monday (this was Thursday). He continued to tell me that they might need to keep it for a couple of weeks once their tech finally has time to look at it. I gave them 48 hours to have a tech analyze it or I would come pick it up. I picked it up Saturday afternoon. They really didn't seem interested in scheduling another appointment so I have not been back. Anybody have cruise control problems similar to mine? I would like to have cruise control but really hate the time and cost involved at a dealer.
    Thanks,
    BillCur

Super Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    20k+
    Member #
    Liked
    10655 times
    Welcome to our forum BillCur. Sorry to read of your issues with your Z51. A couple of related thoughts since I don't recall seeing this issue before: do you have a manual or auto? does the cruise control ever work for a complete cycle? is there any chance that you are accidentally pressing the on/off for the cruise control while holding the steering wheel (that's the button just above RES/+ tab with the icon that looks like a speedometer with a line at 55)? Lastly, I would absolutely change your Chevy dealer based on that description of their service. If there isn't another dealer convenient, then I would send a PM to ChevroletCustomerCare and include your VIN, your dealer name, a description of the issue with the cruise control and also of how they initially responded. Ask them to please intercede on your behalf.
    aka Jeff
    'RedHot' Prod.Wk 7 Oct '13 Museum Del. 29 Oct '13
    Torch Red, 2LT Adrenaline Red, AutoTrans., Nav., Perf. Exhaust, Transparent panel, Red Brembos, CQuartz Finest
    Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    7192 times
    Bill, welcome aboard to SRF and sorry to read about your situation for your first post. I've never experienced or have read about any SRF member having that problem with their cruise control. Did the dealership agree to square away the problem when you first notified them and did you purchase a warranty? Like posted contact Chevrolet Customer Care who is a member of SRF for some assistance, they have helped countless C7 Masterpiece owners dealing with non conforming dealerships. Hope that you get your situation squared away and get back to wheeling around OK.

SF
    Rick
    2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Masterpiece, Torch Red, Jet Black Interior. Delivered to our home on 2 March 2014 from MacMulkin Chevrolet, Nashua, NH.
    Options: 2LT Package, 6-Speed Automatic Transmission, Chrome Wheels, Performance Exhaust, Navigation, Transparent Roof, Red Brake Calipers, Battery Protection.
    Mods: FormulaOne Performance Tint, CQuartz Sealant, XPEL Ultimate Protection Film (Hood, Front Fenders, Bumper, Mirrors, Headlights, Door Handle Cups, Door Seals), RPI Jack Pucks, WeatherTech Floor Liners.

4. Remove Advertisements
    StingrayForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    My car is a manual. The cruise control never actually works. The lights come on and it tells me the cruise is set at the speed I selected but it does not set. Pretty sure I am not doing anything wrong as far as the setting procedures. The dealer did take it out for a ride and confirmed that they couldn't get it to work either.

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    7192 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BillCur View Post
    My car is a manual. The cruise control never actually works. The lights come on and it tells me the cruise is set at the speed I selected but it does not set. Pretty sure I am not doing anything wrong as far as the setting procedures. The dealer did take it out for a ride and confirmed that they couldn't get it to work either.
    Bill, did the service department ever narrow down your cruise control problem?

SF
    Rick
    2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Masterpiece, Torch Red, Jet Black Interior. Delivered to our home on 2 March 2014 from MacMulkin Chevrolet, Nashua, NH.
    Options: 2LT Package, 6-Speed Automatic Transmission, Chrome Wheels, Performance Exhaust, Navigation, Transparent Roof, Red Brake Calipers, Battery Protection.
    Mods: FormulaOne Performance Tint, CQuartz Sealant, XPEL Ultimate Protection Film (Hood, Front Fenders, Bumper, Mirrors, Headlights, Door Handle Cups, Door Seals), RPI Jack Pucks, WeatherTech Floor Liners.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    No. I plan to try a different dealer in town.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Update-I started having clutch issues about a month ago. When it got cold out, couldn't get my car in gear till it warmed up. I eventually got a check engine light. My OBDII reader said it was a clutch sensor. Couple of days later drove it to a convenience store, came out and when I tried to start it, I got a message that I needed to depress the clutch to start. Problem was I was depressing the clutch. I had it towed to a new dealership in town that was very helpful and friendly. Turned out I had a bad clutch sensor and once that was replaced my cruise control worked. the part is only $30 or so. Unfortunately it is 2.5 hours of labor. Still cost was not bad to get both problems fixed.
    Racer_X likes this.

Super Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    20k+
    Member #
    Liked
    10655 times
    glad it got resolved BillCur. Thanks for the update.
    aka Jeff
    'RedHot' Prod.Wk 7 Oct '13 Museum Del. 29 Oct '13
    Torch Red, 2LT Adrenaline Red, AutoTrans., Nav., Perf. Exhaust, Transparent panel, Red Brembos, CQuartz Finest
    Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum

Sponsored Links