Report on Mich PS A/S 3+. Best money I've ever spent on a car !!!!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Report on Mich PS A/S 3+. Best money I've ever spent on a car !!!!!

Member #
    Liked
    114 times
    HELP PLEASE...

I’m doing research. At this point I will probably stay with the Michelin OE tire ZPs they seem stiffer, ive been told they are designed to enhance the suspension, they sure keep the car on the rails if you know what I mean, they are predictable but loud based on some pavement.

I’m tempted to consider the Michelin 4s? I don’t think they are ZP. Any experience with the Conti extreme contact, pretty sure they are not ZPs.

Prefer UTQG of 300+. I’m at 17,600 ish on OEs. Do you guys carry a pump and fix a flat for non ZP tires?

I get spirted once and a while, no track days.

Thanks. Merry Christmas get back to family time.

Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    19649 times
    jagamajajaran has been running the Conti’s on Tribute, and we all know how many miles he is putting on. He was just telling me that loves them, and they are wearing extremely well. You might wish to PM him.
    John

Fortunate owner of "WRP SPD," our Z06! [7M, stage 2+ coupe]. List of mods here:
    Hidden Content

Lifetime & Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum!

Mileage
    17000+ W&C I, II & III
    Member #
    Liked
    6045 times
    I've posted this before but I really like my Michelin AS3 ZP's. I ran the Continental EC's for awhile with a "Slime" repair kit in the rear cubby. The Continental is a great tire but I wanted the security of a run flat. IMHO the Michelins are the best all around tires for the C7; quiet, very little ride harshness and enough grip without flinging stones at the rocker panels.
    johnu and Fdxpilot like this.
    Paul

2015 Stingray: 1LT Blade Silver, A8, ZF1 Package, Transparent Top, NPP Exhaust, Red Calipers, Carbon Flash Mirrors, Spoiler and Stinger Stripe.

Mods: 2018 OEM Satin Black/Red Stripe Wheels, OEM Z06 Splitter, Z51 Sway Bars, Elite Catch Can. Z06 Grille with Blade Silver Ducts, Stage 2 Rocker Skirts,

A&A Supercharger

National Corvette Museum Member

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    StingrayForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    720 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry427 View Post
    I've posted this before but I really like my Michelin AS3 ZP's. I ran the Continental EC's for awhile with a "Slime" repair kit in the rear cubby. The Continental is a great tire but I wanted the security of a run flat. IMHO the Michelins are the best all around tires for the C7; quiet, very little ride harshness and enough grip without flinging stones at the rocker panels.
    As far as grip they are terrific! I can floor it from a dead stop and they bite like a champ. Very little tire spin. Squeal a bit for a fraction of a second, but they just dig in and go!
    elegant and Henry427 like this.
    2016, 1LT Long Beach Red Metallic Tintcoat, Transparent Roof Panel, Body Color Painted Vents, 8-Speed Paddle, Performance Exhaust, Performance Data Video Recorder with Navigation, 3M Bra, Borla X-Pipe, Build date 10/14/2015, Stage two Spoiler.

Big Rock between Venus and Mars (Michigan)
    Mileage
    Not Enough !!
    Member #
    Liked
    515 times
    I have 21,000 miles on my A/S 3+ on a StingRay and love them. When the time comes I'll purchase the same ones again.
    They are not as sticky as the stock tires but they last longer and are more responsive in colder temps.
    Henry427 likes this.
    "I spent half of my money on Booze, Women and Gambling. The other half I wasted." W.C. Fields

Hidden Content

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    I put a little over 30,000 miles on my first set of AS/3 ZPs, and they still had probably another 10k left in them. However, a pothole did severe damage to one of them and the TireRack warranty had expired, so I decided to replace all of them....with another set of AS/3 ZPs. These are fantastic tires.

I don't track my car, I daily drive it. IMO, by itself, the wet stopping distance versus the summer tires is worth whatever absolute traction I'm giving up in exchange.
    joemessman and Racer_X like this.

Member #
    Liked
    462 times
    Did the traction remain good for the life of the tires? My past experience with Michelin (including the factory tires) is that the performance (traction) severely degrades after just a few thousand miles. The summer tires were worthless in the rain, or temps under 50 degrees F.

I'm running the Contis now, and they're holding up and wearing great so far.
    Last edited by STINGmole; 07-09-2019 at 10:58 AM.

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    147 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry427 View Post
    without flinging stones at the rocker panels.
    This is a major benefit of the A/S for me. Also the reduced noise. This is the tire I'll again purchase. All 4 tires OTD was less than $900 after all the rebates from Discount Tire
    johnu likes this.
    2016 C7, A8, 2LT Package, Mag Ride, PDR, Z51 Wheels, Exhaust. MSRP $72, 345. New addition 07/15/2017: Uniden R3 Radar Detector
    Hidden Content

Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    19649 times
    While I would have preferred that the A/S 3+ were they had been available when I need new tires for my Z06 (and had to get a replace method set of PSS’s, I respectfully disagree with the above comment about the factory tires being worthless in the rain. I find that they are excellent in the rain. Drove six hours in driving rain, water flowing across I-70 all day and in weather mode, neither the front nor the rear slid an 1/8” once. True, I reduced my speed from 75 to between 50 and 60, but I have accolades for the PSS’s for how they performed. BTW, the temperature was consistently in the 60-70 degree range all day.
    John

Fortunate owner of "WRP SPD," our Z06! [7M, stage 2+ coupe]. List of mods here:
    Hidden Content

Lifetime & Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum!

Member #
    Liked
    462 times
    I think "weather mode", temps 60-70, freeway driving at reduced speeds, and perhaps the age/wear of the tires might have contributed to your acceptable traction on factory rubber.

With 5k miles on the tires, 47 degree temps, stop and go traffic involving hills and turns, and tour mode engaged, your opinion might change.

Either way, I'm glad you found the factory tires acceptable. They weren't tolerable for me outside of summer/dry use...just my opinion.

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by elegant View Post
    While I would have preferred that the A/S 3+ were they had been available when I need new tires for my Z06 (and had to get a replace method set of PSS’s, I respectfully disagree with the above comment about the factory tires being worthless in the rain. I find that they are excellent in the rain. Drove six hours in driving rain, water flowing across I-70 all day and in weather mode, neither the front nor the rear slid an 1/8” once. True, I reduced my speed from 75 to between 50 and 60, but I have accolades for the PSS’s for how they performed. BTW, the temperature was consistently in the 60-70 degree range all day.
    Try (if possible) doing some back-to-back wet braking tests. I did the Spring Hill school after driving on my AS3s for a year and was SHOCKED at how awful the wet braking was with the SuperSports, because of how good I got used to it being on the AS3s. Damn near took out a cone. I can only imagine how bad they are in the cold.

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by STINGmole View Post
    Did the traction remain good for the life of the tires? My past experience with Michelin (including the factory tires) is that the performance (traction) severely degrades after just a few thousand miles. The summer tires were worthless in the rain, or temps under 50 degrees F.

I'm running the Contis now, and they're holding up and wearing great so far.
    Can't say I've noticed any serious performance degradation, nor did I notice any huge improvement when I put the new set on, other than being squirmy for the first 40-50 miles. The do get louder as they get older though.

Member #
    Liked
    1222 times
    Friend of mine bought the A/S 3+ for his C6 and he's so happy with them that he said it feels like he is driving a different car.
    2015 blade silver Z51 3LT A8 Stingray, jet black interior, competition seats, Z51 style chrome rims. Suntek clear bra, carbon flash metallic custom stinger stripe, side mirrors and rear spoiler.
    1986 two-tone silver over grey C4 survivor coupe with slate blue interior and only 47k miles.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links