Report on Mich PS A/S 3+. Best money I've ever spent on a car !!!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Report on Mich PS A/S 3+. Best money I've ever spent on a car !!!!!

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    147 times

Report on Mich PS A/S 3+. Best money I've ever spent on a car !!!!!

Had the Mich. 01925 installed on Front and Mich. 17759 on the rear last week. Took a 400 mile trip this week and I cannot believe the difference it makes on my C7. Now what you have to watch out for on any forum are those who - when they buy something - all of a sudden it's the greatest thing for mankind and you must jump on the bandwagon . I'll try to keep my enthusiasm subdued . First off: the ride is significantly less noisy. Wish I had taken some DB readings on the same road with the old and new tires to give something other than my feelings. Glad I didn't spend more than the $30 I spent on trunk insulation hoping to reduce the old tire hum. There is NO road noise I can blame on the tires. Now it's just wind noise. Secondly: the OE tires pressure would would rise 6#'s each on any road trip. The new tires have no temp rise - none. Third: None of the "chunk-bump" over a road divot. My Mag Ride takes care of all of it. AND Mich give a 45,000 mile warranty on these tires. Fourth: I don't feel any difference in handling. Kept in cruise at 62mph around 40mph turns and the C7 just went around as usual. Well - that's my report and I'm sticking with it
    Last edited by tlippy; 09-15-2018 at 11:34 AM. Reason: spelling
    elegant, Henry427 and jpeckc7 like this.
    2016 C7, A8, 2LT Package, Mag Ride, PDR, Z51 Wheels, Exhaust. MSRP $72, 345. New addition 07/15/2017: Uniden R3 Radar Detector
    Hidden Content

Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    19649 times
    Thank you tlippy for that excellent, precise, and detailed review.

Yours was eloquent, and echoes what my friend with a 2015 SR said about his feelings about hi sputting that tire on his Corvette.
    Last edited by elegant; 09-15-2018 at 06:06 PM.
    John

Fortunate owner of "WRP SPD," our Z06! [7M, stage 2+ coupe]. List of mods here:
    Hidden Content

Lifetime & Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum!

Mileage
    Approaching 86000 and still drives like new!
    Member #
    Liked
    1014 times
    They are indeed great tires! I've had mine since just right it the first of the year and love them. I have several thousand miles on mine with no complaints. They great in the cold and rain as well. I highly recommend them for anyone who won't likely track their car.
    Though one small observation, tlippy - the air pressures you've noted doubtfully are due to the tires. More likely the installer filled them with straight nitrogen instead of plain old air. The nitrogen is more stable in changing temps, as well as has less moisture, both if which will contribute to steadier long term tire pressures. Many dealers now use it regularly, even on low-end cars.
    Vince

Hidden Content Driven a lot! My '74 Stingray, not driven so much now....

2014 Z51 Coupe, Cyber Gray Metallic, Gray interior w/suede seat inserts, exposed carbon fiber roof panel, 7-speed manual, 2LT, non-NPP, non-mag ride, non-nav. C7 Carbon GTX carbon fiber rear spoiler, Z06-style carbon fiber splitter and skirts. Autographed console lid. Gloss GM carbon fiber dash bezel, Jake wheel center caps, tinted windows. More mods coming as money allows ...

National Corvette Museum member.

4. Remove Advertisements
    StingrayForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1255 times
    Did u go with the ZP (run-flat) flavor?
    Frank
    2015 VY Stingray Coupe 1LT w/Black interior
    M7 NPP Nav PDR Transparent Roof Yellow Calipers

Mileage
    Never enough
    Member #
    Liked
    402 times
    I'm happy with the A/S3+ ZP's I had installed recently. To tell you the truth my fronts were down to the cords (35,000 miles on OEMs) so a set of dry rotted tires off a grandmother's Buick would have rode better. 50 feet from the tire store I was smiling. I did a weekend run up to RT 66 so I had a variety of roads to experience fresh "skins" on. The best test is when you forget you even have new tires on because of the lack of drama.
    Henry427 and Racer_X like this.

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    I purchased a set of the Micheline AS tires and ended up with a set of tires that were apparently "blems" that vibrated at highway speeds. I took it to the Chevy dealer and was told that my wheels were bent. I had purchased the wheels from a guy on this forum as "take offs" and sent him a nasty message... which he responded appropriately. I built a wheel jig to fix the wheels and found that the wheels were in fact, perfectly round and aligned. The dealer was wrong and it was the tires that were the culprit. I guess the moral to the story is.... don't buy your tires on-line - - you may get "blems" which are not round.
    Nick

2014 Z-51 coup, LT2, Limerock Green, mag susp, perf exhaust

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    147 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ntonkin View Post
    I purchased a set of the Micheline AS tires and ended up with a set of tires that were apparently "blems" that vibrated at highway speeds. I took it to the Chevy dealer and was told that my wheels were bent. I had purchased the wheels from a guy on this forum as "take offs" and sent him a nasty message... which he responded appropriately. I built a wheel jig to fix the wheels and found that the wheels were in fact, perfectly round and aligned. The dealer was wrong and it was the tires that were the culprit. I guess the moral to the story is.... don't buy your tires on-line - - you may get "blems" which are not round.
    Funny that U'd post this. I experienced this same sequence. My new Mich tires have a pulsing vibration at speeds between 50 mph and 70 mph. Took them back to Discount tire and they told my 2 left rims were bent. Went to a wheel expert and indeed my rims are bent. Getting them fixed net week. $125 each rim.
    2016 C7, A8, 2LT Package, Mag Ride, PDR, Z51 Wheels, Exhaust. MSRP $72, 345. New addition 07/15/2017: Uniden R3 Radar Detector
    Hidden Content

Member #
    Liked
    1219 times
    Tlippy, what type of rims do you have? It usually doesn't take that much to put a slight bend in even the best rims. Just look at the balancing weights on some cars. Were your bends that bad that they needed to be fixed?
    2015 blade silver Z51 3LT A8 Stingray, jet black interior, competition seats, Z51 style chrome rims. Suntek clear bra, carbon flash metallic custom stinger stripe, side mirrors and rear spoiler.
    1986 two-tone silver over grey C4 survivor coupe with slate blue interior and only 47k miles.

Member #
    Liked
    721 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ntonkin View Post
    Michelin does not sell out of specification "blems"...…. Know this for a fact---way too much liability on a Especially on a tire with the speed rating as this car requires. Need to do some research and in fact, why not contact Michelin formally before spreading this type of baseless rumor.

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    147 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireeagle View Post
    Tlippy, what type of rims do you have? It usually doesn't take that much to put a slight bend in even the best rims. Just look at the balancing weights on some cars. Were your bends that bad that they needed to be fixed?
    O.E. rims
    Hidden Content

Member #
    Liked
    462 times
    What's the highest mileage that anyone has put on the A/S Michelins? I had a set of the non runflats that were fantastic for about 3k miles, at which time they became noisy and the wet traction was horrible.

Mileage
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Fact is the wheels are perfectly straight and round and that leaves the tires.... not baseless at all and not a "rumor". If you can't make a legitimate comment, maybe you should just shut up.
    Nick

2014 Z-51 coup, LT2, Limerock Green, mag susp, perf exhaust

Super Moderator
    Gold Supporting Member
    Mileage
    19k+
    Member #
    Liked
    10548 times
    Let's please keep all posts civil. Thank you.
    aka Jeff
    'RedHot' Prod.Wk 7 Oct '13 Museum Del. 29 Oct '13
    Torch Red, 2LT Adrenaline Red, AutoTrans., Nav., Perf. Exhaust, Transparent panel, Red Brembos, CQuartz Finest
    Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum

Member #
    Liked
    721 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jsvette View Post
    Let's please keep all posts civil. Thank you.
    Thank You---some do not always deal with facts very well.

Member #
    Liked
    298 times
    thanks for the review! at 8300+ miles, my Sport Cup 2s need replacing...I think I will be going with the AS 3+'s. Local Chevy dealer actually has them installed for less than tire rack!
    2014 Laguna Blue Z51 Premier Edition #241...Sold
    2016 Laguna Blue Z06/Z07 M7 3LZ...gone Hidden Content
    2017 Arctic White Z06/Z07 M7 MGW Shifter, LG Supercool Radiator, Weapon-X Track Attack Heat Exchanger, Weapon-X Expansion Tank, Halltech Stinger CAI, Kooks 2" long tubes/Xpipe, Nick Williams 103MM TB
    Coming Soon: Frankenstein ED Heads/Cam, Ported Blower

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links