Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI there,

I posted about this in the C7 Magnetic ride upgrade thread but thought I’d reach out to you here as well.

I took my C7 to my local Chevy dealer in Glendale, CA to get the magnetic ride upgrade installed and after making an appointment a month in advance and several emails to make sure they know what I wanted when I did drop of my C7 to get the work done I was told that Chevy would not allow them to do the work because the dealer was not a ‘performance’ dealership.

Can you comment on this? Are not all Chevy dealerships allowed to do the work?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Sauraus, I've never heard of specific Chevrolet dealerships of today that are "performance" certified, now back in the day you had your dealerships that were specialized in adding performance parts that was covered under the warranty.

SF
Rick

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
Sauraus, this dealer's response is literally unbelievable.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
That seems like a very strange response by the dealership. Did you contact Customer Care?

I've never heard of a "Performance Dealership Shop"

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
My first reaction when I read this was that the service writer (and maybe technician) just didn't want to deal with it, so he said whatever occurred to him so he could get you out the door so they could move on to their next customer with a job which they did want to take on.

EDIT: I checked Part Number 84353676 and it says to get the MRC Performance Calibrations, visit www.chevroletperformance.com to see if your dealer of choice is authorized or not. You said you are in Glendale, California, so I went to the website, selected "Find A Dealer" at the top, and then checked zip code 91204 by putting it in the "Change Location" box on the top right of the page which then popped up. Two near you are ALLEN GWYNN CHEVROLET, and COMMUNITY CHEVROLET of Burbank.

I am going to venture the guess that you went to Allen Gwynn, and they were the ones who said no to you, correct? If you didn't go to Allen Gwynn, where did you go? By the way, if that is where you went and they sent you away, I wouldn't go back there, if I were you. I would drive further to try to find better service. It can save you time and MUCH trouble in the long-run.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
My first reaction when I read this was that the service writer (and maybe technician) just didn't want to deal with it, so he said whatever occurred to him so he could get you out the door so they could move on to their next customer with a job which they did want to take on.

EDIT: I checked Part Number 84353676 and it says to get the MRC Performance Calibrations, visit www.chevroletperformance.com to see if your dealer of choice is authorized or not. You said you are in Glendale, California, so I went to the website, selected "Find A Dealer" at the top, and then checked zip code 91204 by putting it in the "Change Location" box on the top right of the page which then popped up. Two near you are ALLEN GWYNN CHEVROLET, and COMMUNITY CHEVROLET of Burbank.

I am going to venture the guess that you went to Allen Gwynn, and they were the ones who said no to you, correct? If you didn't go to Allen Gwynn, where did you go? By the way, if that is where you went and they sent you away, I wouldn't go back there, if I were you. I would drive further to try to find better service. It can save you time and MUCH trouble in the long-run.
It was at Allen Gwynn that’s where I’ve been going to for the past 2 years, guess it’s time to find a new dealer.

Although if you scroll down on that page and you click on ‘locate a performance dealer’ those alternate dealers that the service tech gave me are the only ones coming up.

And thank you so much for your time and effort to answer this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
A good rule to follow is, never have someone do work on your car if they tell you in advance they are not qualified to do it.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Maybe they have... performance issues lol

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
I did drop of my C7 to get the work done I was told that Chevy would not allow them to do the work because the dealer was not a ‘performance’ dealership.
You didn't find out they couldn't do the work till after you dropped it off for the service. I don't know what to say.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
How can this be? I had my upgrades done at a very small dealer in Small Town Ohio. Total of 5 Techs. Great work and really knows the car. I don’t get it.......

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How can this be? I had my upgrades done at a very small dealer in Small Town Ohio. Total of 5 Techs. Great work and really knows the car. I don’t get it.......
As others have suggested time to find a different dealer to service my baby. It’s a shame really because they are only 20min away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts