Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy to be a new member and a first time Corvette owner. I just recently picked up my 2015 2LT w/ performance package Stingray and was messing around with the 0-60 timer. Tires warm, 8 speed auto, sport mode, traction on, Diablosport Intune programmed with the Diablo 93 octane aFe intake tune, aFe intake. My 0-60 run was 4.4 seconds. Am I doing something wrong or is it normal for an automatic?

·
Administrator
16,301 Posts
Welcome to our forum nofinga911. There have been a number of posts regarding 0-60 times on our forum. 4.4 is in the ball park for your first attempts. My initial (and only attempts about 4,000 miles ago) in my 2014 running Costco 91 and no mods or tunes, yielded 4.2 0 to 60.jpg While I absolutely loved the sound of the NPP as it was going through a couple of gears I had no intention of really pushing it, leaving rubber or using the Launch Control. It brought a great big grin and fantastic feeling as it pushed me back in the seat and took off. Two back to back runs with the same outcome satisfied my interest.:cool:

·
Registered
44 Posts
4.2 seconds, 7 speed manual base car, using the launch control available in track, competitive driving
I am all smiles here...

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I believe Snorman got it down to 3.8 on his 2014 z51? he is the MAN to talk to on this IMO.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
nofinga911, welcome aboard and congrats on your new C7 masterpiece!! I haven't timed my C7 on the 0-60 timer, 4.4 is still fast. I think the more you get the feel of your Vette you will accomplish quicker times. But you have to admit you will have a blast trying to beat your own time.

SF
Rick

Reactions: V1 VR

·
Registered
95 Posts
It boils down to what the car is capable of and what you're capable of are usually two very different things. :) Most of us will hit our limits before we hit the limit of the car. The good thing is..practicing is fun :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey thanks for the warm welcome and thanks everyone for the advice and opinions! I have never had a FAST car before so I have no experience in any type of racing or take-off. With everything you guys stated, I am happy to have gotten it to 4.2sec after maybe 4 tries. It is most likely due to the upgrades rather than my skill though since im still a newbie ;)!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome to our forum nofinga911. There have been a number of posts regarding 0-60 times on our forum. 4.4 is in the ball park for your first attempts. My initial (and only attempts about 4,000 miles ago) in my 2014 running Costco 91 and no mods or tunes, yielded 4.2 View attachment 13961 While I absolutely loved the sound of the NPP as it was going through a couple of gears I had no intention of really pushing it, leaving rubber or using the Launch Control. It brought a great big grin and fantastic feeling as it pushed me back in the seat and took off. Two back to back runs with the same outcome satisfied my interest.:cool:
Awesome! Was that time done in touring mode?

·
Administrator
16,301 Posts
Awesome! Was that time done in touring mode?
Yes, in touring mode, no use of launch control. Two back to back runs with identical times. I remember feeling at the time that it would not be difficult to shave one to two seconds off by just pushing RedHot harder or perhaps trying Track and launch control. I'll leave that to others.:cool:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just curious...Why wouldn't you try the launch control??? It is part of the car's design and I assume the car is designed to take care of itself in using launch control?

·
Administrator
16,301 Posts
I had no desire to use it, prefer the old fashioned way and really was far more intrigued with the phenomenal sounds from the engine and performance exhaust than I was interested in bettering my 0-60 time. 4.2 was fine by me. Have used it on my Porsche and other cars in the past.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Totally agree with Bubba Ho-Tep. Porsche has historically underrated their performance figures. Most folks will see about 2/10ths better real world performance than advertised. I think the advertised C7 performance only applies to a prepped track, skilled driver, tail-wind, slightly down hill, and maybe altering the gravitational constant of the universe. I honestly believe "roll-on" performance, although less measurable to be a better indicator of acceleration. Industry wide 0-60 times have become a bit ludicrous in the last few years anyway. Eventually you'll need a delorean and a flux capacitor to impress people out of the hole.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Hate to be a spoil sport, but I believe the stress to the drive train of taking a 460 hp car from a dead start to any speed to be abusive, and I would not do it to any car I intended to keep. On the other hand, give me an open road and the confidence that there is no law enforcement immediately down the road, and I will happily do 50 to 120 all day long.

Reactions: somethincreativ

·
Registered
114 Posts
I think times are supposed to be quicker with the 8spd than the 3.8. I remember reading that even 3.5's were recorded.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts