Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unfortunately I didn't have the NPP performance exhaust on my 2104 StingRay, but thanks to a new friend for Oklahoma, I do. If you don't have the NPP, at the minimal get it or something else, But you are doing yourself a disservice but not hearing your machine. My machine is complete. Tim

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Happy for you Brother! Was it a simple bolt on or did it get complicated?

·
Administrator
16,583 Posts
Agree it is a great addition to our Stingrays! Please describe the process you went through adding it on to your Z51 after the fact.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I have A c7 without the NPP.I have heard it and believe it's to quiet for me.I'm going with B&B.The only thing that I like about the NPP
Is that your able to switch it on and off.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I just got out of a C6 with Corsa Xtreme, and into a C7 with NPP. I have my sound management set to Track on the C7 and believe it is as loud as the Xtreme at start up, idle, and acceleration. Where I notice the biggest difference between the two is at cruising speed where the NPP is noticeably quieter, and that is a big plus for me as it makes my co-pilot much happier. :D I've had my neighbor comment on hearing it growl at start-up and a buddy tell me how he could hear it while following me down the road. For me, the NPP gives me the best of both worlds for low speed rumble and highway cruising.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I talked with my dealer and he said could do it for $1188. I thought it was high, but it would be the dealer installing. However, once I dropped the car and exhaust off they called and said "they couldn't install, because it needs to be welded". I was like, Dang!!! So I went to a couple of muffler shops and people came out of the woodwork to look at the car, but wouldn't touch it. Finally I found the "biggest" shop in corpus and he could do it for $449. But I was worried when I was explained why I wanted to change out exhausts, he said "it shouldn't make a difference". So after a tense/nerve racking/gut wrenching afternoon, he called and was finished. The 3rd pipe over is a little high, that's probably my only grip, but when I started it up. I thought "oh yeah, this is it". It is awesome!!!. I don't have the option to turn on/off, but why would ever need too?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts