Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2020 C8 Z51
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Installed a 3LT Adrenaline Red Upper Dash Pad to my 2LT Grand Sport that had a Black Upper dash Pad. Looks great but was missing a small amount of Adrenaline Red on the drivers door. That is an extension of the Upper Dash pad.

A company does offer the option of replacing the black material on the 2LT with Adrenaline Red Leather and includes the stitching to made it just like the OEM panel. Not easy or cheap, ~$300! That is about all I paid for the GM Upper Dash Pad! That part is not sold by GM. In addition, there is confusion on how to remove what I'll call the door "spear," to send to the company to have it "turned red." Even the company who replaces the leather can't be sure, they just replace it on a supplied customer part. Even if removed, would it align properly when reinstalled? A number of posts complaining the door "spear" does not align with the Upper Dash Pad on their "new car" and dealers have not been able to adjust! Mine fits perfectly now, would it fit if removed and replaced?

Someone posted pics of the $10 item, "EJ's SUPER CAR 3D DIY Automobile Car Motor Interior Exterior Decoration Molding" that he used on his car interior. Perfect solution for the door "spear." 5 minute install without removing the "spear!"

Below are some pics. Even added a strip to the passenger door!

This is a PDF of the Upper Dash Pad and Door Trim install: http://netwelding.com/Red_Dash_Pad.pdf

Int 3.jpg IMG_7520.JPG IMG_7515.JPG

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
Looks sharp.

Reactions: Jerry U

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Jerry, that looks like it rolled off the assembly line and it flows nicely. The General's interior designers need to take note on this mod.

SF
Rick

Reactions: Jerry U

·
Registered
2020 C8 Z51
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks sharp.
Thanks.
Been living with just the red Upper Dash Pad for 3 months. Looked OK but always felt it missed that extension of the driver's door.

·
Registered
2020 C8 Z51
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jerry, that looks like it rolled off the assembly line and it flows nicely. The General's interior designers need to take note on this mod.

SF
Rick
Thanks. Of interest for 2018 the 2LT will include a seat colored upper dash pad! Assume they will add the colored 'spear' on the driver's door.

Agree they need to do something different to get me to spring for a 3LT as I did for my 2014. When they replaced the full Kalahari dash with a "patch" of color on the glove compartment, lost me. I would not pay the extra. Was ready to get an all black interior for my Grand Sport but saw a white base C7 with red 2LT interior by chance at a dealer. Ordered mine with red and the red seat belts which look great.

·
Registered
896 Posts
I have found and used the trim strip you are speaking about 2-3 years ago, I had found that on Ali...., the biggest chinese Web business, so yes it's a chinese product.
After the fitting the look was perfect but if at the beginning the things were going well, some months later the changes of temperatures inside the car and specially when the car is under the sun did some bad effects on the plastic strips: some ones were not staying completely in place and some were going to be shorter and replaced...or suppressed!
I hope that you will have more chance than me Jerry :unconscious:

·
Registered
2020 C8 Z51
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I have found and used the trim strip you are speaking about 2-3 years ago, I had found that on Ali...., the biggest chinese Web business, so yes it's a chinese product.
After the fitting the look was perfect but if at the beginning the things were going well, some months later the changes of temperatures inside the car and specially when the car is under the sun did some bad effects on the plastic strips: some ones were not staying completely in place and some were going to be shorter and replaced...or suppressed!
I hope that you will have more chance than me Jerry :unconscious:
Thanks for the input. It came with 15 feet and I used less than a 3rd. Have enough to replace if and when needed. I put in on when it was warm (90F) and it fits tight accept for one end. think I'll put a drop of glue on that end with a toothpick. We'll see if it shrinks in the winter!

PS: Just put a drop of glue on the top end of all three strips. Pulled out the end and applied with a toothpick! That should hold.
FWIW, its about a month since the install and used a drop of glue at the end. Have been parked on 100 degree F days, much hotter in car when I got in! That glue was probably a help as the strips have not moved.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts