Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The guy that toured us during our museum delivery recommended changing the oil at 1,000 miles. He also said to use 15W-30 instead of 5W. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Change at 1000 if you want but use whats on the oil cap on the engine.....I hate it when people add their own opinions on stuff like this....

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
GM engineers put a million hours of thought into that LT1 engine......
But some tour guide knows better, I don't think so.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
The guy that toured us during our museum delivery recommended changing the oil at 1,000 miles. He also said to use 15W-30 instead of 5W. Any thoughts?
Wrong - not 1000 miles, the first change must absolutely be done at 500 miles (and not a single mile beyond that). :rolleyes:

As for the oil weight, when you find a major brand that makes a 15W-30 for gasoline engine automotive use, please let me know (one that is Dexos-approved, of course!)
Maybe he said 15W-50(?) - either way I've always used the recommended 5W-30 (fully synthetic).

I like the Penzoil Platinum and Ultra-Platinum (if you can find it), in a 5W-30. Synthetic Motor Oil from Natural Gas | Pennzoil PurePlus

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
15W sounded a little heavy. Thanks for the advice guys. Will be using 5W-30 Mobile 1 extended performance

Reactions: mjw930
1 - 5 of 5 Posts