Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That was the last words of the yesterday's e-mail received from my dealer concerning my C7 order... INCREDIBLE !!

My experience regarding my C7's order have been at 3 days of the worst scenario...

A little history :

Chevrolet decided this year to leave the european market, that was announced in February. When I was ordering my 2015 C7 in March, the situation was not very clear but the dealer was confident as Cadillac Europe was charged to sell only 2 Chevys for the future : the Vette and the Camaro.
As this was not effective at that moment, my order was still managed by Chevrolet Switzerland.
The dealer promised the 2015 prices and definitive order form for approx. the same delay that you had. Since this time the dealer was absolutely unable to have any news but was asked to transmit all his 2015 orders to Cadillac Europe and had no more news.
We both were more and more anxious seeing that until last week nobody at GM gave any reliable news and bad rumors were running.
Suddenly Cadillac have contacted my dealer (the biggest in Switzerland) to make a new contract with them and.... to give him, at last, the 2015 price list !!!

My dealer sent it immediately to me as I was the first customer to order a 2015, on March. The prices have not been so much increased since the March 2014 ones but as said, my dealer informed me that all the complete order with options choices received after September the 30th will see the Stingray price to be increased by $ 10'000.00!
Incredible but a part of this amount will be to cover a new CO2 Tax which will be effective soon over here and the other part as Cadillac (GM) think that the Stingray is too cheap in Europe :eek:
Actual Stingray (the only model we have) price in Switzerland is $ 89'250 + 10'000 will push it more closer to the competitors, bad idea.

So, bad news for the customers who will decide to order a C7 after Tuesday and, AT LAST, very good news for me:
- I spare $ 10'000
- I have "completely"ordered my Stingray
- She will be produced on November
- She will be delivered by my dealer on March 2015 (what I wanted, the winter is long over here).

To conclude, this incredible situation that I have to undergo since my order had discouraged me to be able to concretize this purchase and if it had lasted only one week more, I would have completely given up in front of so much casualness on behalf of Cadillac / GM.
I remain however rather worried because in case of problem mattering with my car, if they are as less effective to remedy it, I am going to have to wait for one year...

Well, I can breath and the countdown is really running now :cool:

Reactions: Mobius

·
Registered
10,602 Posts
Well, the great news for you is your car's value will increase, and there will be no depreciation for you for a while. It isn't often that a car is worth more after you drive it off the lot than what you paid for it. :)

Congratulations!

Reactions: Sciros

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Rodney, it's another way to see the situation... I'm still in the trouble and did not realize that ;)

·
18,670 Posts
Been checking with many USA sources and none are confirming this. Probably, as posted above, a combination of no price increases in Europe since March and the new Europe C02 tax, with the price increase limited to European buyers.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not so surprised regarding our ACTUAL price as no prise increase was done since March, so it needed to be upgraded.
For our NEW price it's doesn't concern the US market, it's purely a tax problem and a marketing one too as the expected cost for the Co2 tax applied to the C7 will be approx. $5000.00.

This tax level will be, for all cars importers calculated as following:
An addition of the CO2 pollution level of each car of the range x the number of cars expected to be sold in the swiss market. The result will give swiss tax level the importer will have to pay. The strange thing is that the more cars they will sell, the less they will pay pro Co2 gram ! VW Group for example can trust in a very lower tax pro car as they will be able to put VW, Audi, Seat, Skoda and Porsche in the same "basket"
Cadillac Europe can only trust on the Cadillac models + the Corvette and the Camaros = a low sales levels compared to biggest importers, so the cost pro Co2 grams of pollution will cost much more (but not so different than the expected $5000.00 for a Corvette).

As we can understand, the Tax will be applied to all cars delivered in 2015 but not for the ones which would have been ordered until the 30th of September 2014.

As this tax calculation causes a problem to Cadillac Europe (new market prospective for them with the Corvette and the Camaro addition) they certainly don't want to take a risk and they calculate the tax at the highest level possible, so they will be sure to not pay a part of it from their pocket... The last price difference will be an effective price increase for the Corvette, I'm sure that this whole amount of $10'000 will be badly appreciated by the customers. Just an increase due to the Swiss tax only would have been well understood.

In this affair, the Cadillac models will be less taxed (tax pro Co2 gram would be higher without the Corvette and Camaro sales volumes).

I just have to precise also that not only Switzerland will charge for this tax, France, Belgium ted. are still applying it and at a higher level. The governments don't really take care about the planet protection, it's purely a money problem.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Been checking with many USA sources and none are confirming this. Probably, as posted above, a combination of no price increases in Europe since March and the new Europe C02 tax, with the price increase limited to European buyers.
And the Dollar/Euro exchange rate has recently fallen from 1.35USD/1 Euro to 1.27/1

1 - 7 of 7 Posts