Stingray Corvette Forum banner

11/7 BGAP Z06 News!

8K views 26 replies 16 participants last post by  arcticblast 
#1 · (Edited)
Z06 News From BGAP!

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive design

Photo credit to "Bmbarney."​

1). No Z06 customer cars have been completed. The line was shut down three hours early today due to a non-Z06 parts shortage. 121 StingRays were completed today.
2. First customer Z06's are scheduled to be completed on Monday. Talked with VIN # 011 Harvey Glueck about his DSOM II which he had come to see. Unfortunately, due to the temporary shutdown, it was way up in the rafters, many, many yards away.
2). The final production stage 1 spoiler looks just like Z-51 spoiler except that it is approximately 3.0" inches wider (going from extreme rear fascia width from side to side).
3. Earlier reports of 7 Z06's being produced per hour are accurate with the cars being intermixed with StingRays, e.g. first 1 Z06, then 2 StingRays, then 1 Z06, then 1 StingRay, then 1 Z followed by 2 Rays, then 1 Z followed by 1 Ray, etc., etc.
4. No more than 2 Z07's per 18 cars were seen at any point in the abbreviated tour.
5. Saw a MVB/test Z06 convertible. It was CRM with matching CRM front fender grills and vents. Everyone who was there had the same, immediate response, i.e., "it looks much better with contrasting black vents and grills."
6. Customer Z06's are scheduled to be completed Monday, though today's three hour shutdown will probably result in Buyers Tours' and others' Z06 production being delayed by that time.

See less See more
#5 ·
Turns out the "parts shortage" was caused by a wiring fire in one of the welding robots in the frame shop. Plant maintenance will be re-wiring this weekend and fully expects full production Monday morning usual start of shift (6:12 AM)

#7 ·
Thanks for the real time update!

#16 ·
Z06 News From BGAP!

View attachment 15889
Photo credit to "Bmbarney."​

1). No Z06 customer cars have been completed. The line was shut down three hours early today due to a non-Z06 parts shortage. 121 StingRays were completed today.
2. First customer Z06's are scheduled to be completed on Monday. Talked with VIN # 011 Harvey Glueck about his DSOM II which he had come to see. Unfortunately, due to the temporary shutdown, it was way up in the rafters, many, many yards away.
2). The final production stage 1 spoiler looks just like Z-51 spoiler except that it is approximately 3.0" inches wider (going from extreme rear fascia width from side to side).
3. Earlier reports of 7 Z06's being produced per hour are accurate with the cars being intermixed with StingRays, e.g. first 1 Z06, then 2 StingRays, then 1 Z06, then 1 StingRay, then 1 Z followed by 2 Rays, then 1 Z followed by 1 Ray, etc., etc.
4. No more than 2 Z07's per 18 cars were seen at any point in the abbreviated tour.
5. Saw a MVB/test Z06 convertible. It was CRM with matching CRM front fender grills and vents. Everyone who was there had the same, immediate response, i.e., "it looks much better with contrasting black vents and grills."
6. Customer Z06's are scheduled to be completed Monday, though today's three hour shutdown will probably result in Buyers Tours' and others' Z06 production being delayed by that time.
I'm very happy that the stage I will get the Z51 spoiler, which I like a lot more than the stage 2/3. Question, you are saying it's the same spoiler with exception that it is wider as the Z06 is 3" wider from end to end, in the rear correct? I don't like how the stage 2/3 spoiler comes forward at the corners approx. 3" at a right angle. Thanks!

#20 ·
Again, as we were standing back 20-40' from the car, but at that distance we all agreed it look just like the Z-51 spoiler (except 3" wider to reflect the Z06's rear fascia being 3.0" wider).

#19 ·
Re gas guzzler tax or not, I will look at the Maroney sticker if It can get close enough, for on the tours, you are typically back anywhere from 20-40'.

#24 ·
Ok, the answer to the trivia question, why production starts at the odd time of 6:12.

It takes 12 minutes for the crew responsible for plant operations to get all ancillary components, robots, etc. operational each morning. As per the union contract, if a worker starts before 6:00 AM they must be paid a shift differential. So, the maintenance crew starts at 6:00, gets the line "up to speed" and production starts at 6:12.

#26 ·
Since the A8 trans is supposed to get slightly better gas mileage than the M7, the monroney on the M7 Z06 can indicate the maximum the guzzler tax could be for the A8. When I've been at BG I have asked various questions and always got a friendly answer from everyone, so if you can't see the actual sticker someone will be able to tell you about the guzzler tax. Have a great visit!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.