Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its been about 6 weeks and im still stuck at an 1100 order status.

How long did you guys have to wait from your order date to hit anything above 1100.

I ordered from Criswell and am a little worried that maybe they dont have an allocation for me.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the sales guy (russell carter) is saying that its still waiting to get picked up by the factory. He has no idea what the hold up is and it could be because the are trying to get more Z06's out the door.

I asked specifically if it was an allocation issue and he said no.

Im not to sure what to believe.

·
18,667 Posts
Criswell Chevrolet is the fourth largest Corvette dealership in the world, and has huge allocation. Suggest you read these two threads, then go visit your salesperson for a face to face meeting, also including their Sales Manager in that meeting.

http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum/stingray-corvette-purchasing/1509-ordering-c7-corvette-thread-will-helpful.html

http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum/stingray-corvette-purchasing/1552-urgent-order-delivery-useful-information.html

Criswell is a class act, their customers are laudatory about their experience with them, and something is not adding up.

·
Registered
21 Posts
the sales guy (russell carter) is saying that its still waiting to get picked up by the factory. He has no idea what the hold up is and it could be because the are trying to get more Z06's out the door.

TX- I am in the same situation, I too ordered around November 11 and my buddy ordered a week before from the same fairly large Corvette dealer in Ohio. This dealership sold over 400+ 2014s last year. After doing some research it looks like GM changed how and when allocations are given to the dealers. This changed in November and I was not told about this by my dealer. Under the new policy a dealer that has a large inventory (as well as a large allocation number) on the lot may not get allocations until they get their existing inventory down, vice a versa a smaller dealer who has sold their allocations and have no inventory on the lot will get additional allocations at the larger dealers expense. Again that is all the information I could gather from my research and I can not guarantee that it is 100% accurate. Being that I am in Ohio my Stingray would just sit in the garage until Spring anyway so I am in no rush. Last I heard my dealer should be getting allocations early next year (so he must be moving his inventory)

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
The amount of cars sitting on the ground now has some influence, but is not 100 pct thing. It is now a share of the formula but not all. It should change things slightly, but certainly not a flood for the little guy. The forum dealers will still get the lions share. If you are having problems with a forum dealer, its probably the constraint issue.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Well its been about 6 weeks and im still stuck at an 1100 order status.

How long did you guys have to wait from your order date to hit anything above 1100.

I ordered from Criswell and am a little worried that maybe they dont have an allocation for me.
I took nearly 12 weeks to get to the next level, 2000. Took delivery about 5 weeks later.
:cool:

·
Registered
30 Posts
I was at 1100 for 9 weeks before moving to 2000. It has been 14 weeks - last week I was at 3300.
:)

·
Registered
30 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts

Talked on the phone to another forum member and he said the base and Z51's are being held up unless your are ordering a transparent roof, he said all the other roofs are going on the Z06 right now. I've been 1100 since 11-12-14 at a major supporting dealer.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the update. my salesman called me today and said it was the z51 contraint that was holding things up.

i will keep patiently waiting.

Thank you all for your replies. This forum is great!

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Check the constraints thread for the straight, unbiased honesty.

Sometimes a dealer may have allocations for a constrained item, but need to give it to someone else ahead of you in line. The dealer might think it easer to say he can't get it than say he got it but gave it to someone else.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts