Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there is any power available in the Cubby behind the GPS Screen? I have a 2" Monitor that I want to install in there....with a camera up front, underneath to look for curbs

·
Administrator
16,490 Posts
If your monitor can run off usb you are all set.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately it takes 12V, not 5V.... I can't believe they did not supply a 12V outlet in there, along with the USB. Will try to figure out something...

·
Registered
136 Posts
Refclown,

When you get it figured out, can you please post what you did and how well it is working for you. I'd love to see your "visual" curb alert system.

Thanks!

AJ

·
Registered
141 Posts
I always back my cars equipped with a rear video camera when parking. No need to worry if you use this stratey.

·
Registered
952 Posts
You could put the whole thing in the center console and bring it out when you need it...........use the 12 v in there..maybe there is a way to snake the wire from the cubby to the center console or cigarette lighter?? I have been wanting to do the same thing and you can get camera under $50 most places..supposed to be rear cameras but no difference....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That another option..... Thanks. I am still researching this as I am not into doing things twice. I want to get it right the first time. Having to have someone spot me when I park is a little bit of a pain...

·
Registered
273 Posts
What about a Bluetooth camera for the front run it with an iphone dash cam app

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
I use the Govue wireless camera and my iPhone as monitor works great
A bit pricey, but boy, that sure would save a lot of work. I'm going to look into that myself. Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I use the Govue wireless camera and my iPhone as monitor works great
Very interested to learn more about your install. Can we ask you to post pics of your camera location? Where did you place the transmitter?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts