Stingray Corvette Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Premier Edition
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so someone thought it'd be funny apparently to smack the hell out of my pass. side mirror (kids probably). They hit it so hard with something that the back of it's scratched/scuffed. It was bent back and the glass was knocked out. I ordered replacement glass from GM.

Any nuances I need to know about putting it in when it gets here? The mechanism is still intact and the electronics work. And the connectors are still there.

I tried to find a vid on it on youtube but no luck.

Thanks,
Steve

·
Administrator
17,146 Posts
Sorry to read Steve. Possibly could have also been hit by a truck extended mirror or something like that. My guess is that installing the replacement glass should be fairly straight forward, keeping the bottom edge parallel to the mirror shell, but not so close that it can't rotate downwards (if you have yours set for that when reversing).

·
Registered
2014 Premier Edition
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jeff. NFW it could have been hit by any vehicle on that side the way I was parked....

I'm hoping it's simply a matter of installing the metal tab, plugging in the two connectors and it "snaps" into place.... They just shipped it today. Have to talk to some people about getting rid of the scratches/buff marks. Dang good thing I didn't see who did it or I'd probably be sitting in a jail cell somewhere.... :mad:

·
Registered
2014 Premier Edition
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just looked closer at it, it doesn't look like it just "snaps" on.... hopefully the new one has some pieces that broke off of this one that hold it in place

·
Registered
66 Posts
Had my drivers side replaced under warranty. Dealer told me the whole assembly had to be replaced but it first had to go to the body shop for painting. The only issue with mine was loose from the factory. I though they would remove the door panel and tighten it. I’d be curious if Chevy is still saying the whole assembly is the only way the mirror is available.
Chris

1 - 6 of 6 Posts