Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Effective today, the base price of each of the four 2015 Corvette models will have an increase in the base price of $1,000. Sold orders placed into the GM ordering system prior to the price increase will be price protected.

here we go again with the price protection thing...I suggest you call your dealer if you have an order in, and start the price protection discussion...and you better have your order number or workbench report in your hand when you call.....

·
Registered
283 Posts
Where is this published? Only wondering the source.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
283 Posts
Yeah I just saw it, haha! Sucks regardless. My order is in but no price was promised due to 2015 price not out at the time and my order hadn't been excepted by GM yet SOOOO.... I'm probably getting hit with the extra 1k..... What a joke!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yeah I just saw it, haha! Sucks regardless. My order is in but no price was promised due to 2015 price not out at the time and my order hadn't been Accepted by GM yet SOOOO.... I'm probably getting hit with the extra 1k..... What a joke!
What do you mean "Not Accepted"? If it's sitting in the order bank at 1100 you are (price protected). If it's not, that's your dealers fault or yours for waiting too long on the pricing info (which has been out for weeks now)

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I just saw it, haha! Sucks regardless. My order is in but no price was promised due to 2015 price not out at the time and my order hadn't been excepted by GM yet SOOOO.... I'm probably getting hit with the extra 1k..... What a joke!

do u have an order #?

·
Registered
896 Posts
I start to understand why my dealer did not send me the official swiss prices for the 2015, saying me 1 week ago that the prices would be a bit higher !!!
I claimed that not as the last published US prices were the same than 2014 but he insisted...and he was right ! :(:(

Beside that I don't understand the way used by GM: they publish a prices list 2 weeks ago and increase them on today :confused:

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I start to understand why my dealer did not send me the official swiss prices for the 2015, saying me 1 week ago that the prices would be a bit higher !!!
I claimed that not as the last published US prices were the same than 2014 but he insisted...and he was right ! :(:(

Beside that I don't understand the way used by GM: they publish a prices list 2 weeks ago and increase them on today :confused:
dave writes:

My guess is that this is the price GM wanted to have the entire time but they wanted to get people with unfilled 2014 Corvettes to get a chance at the old price, but that is only my guess.

·
Registered
283 Posts
do u have an order #?
No, I'm waiting for my order to be submitted with the dealerships next group of allocations. So I'll be tacking on another 1k.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
No, I'm waiting for my order to be submitted with the dealerships next group of allocations. So I'll be tacking on another 1k.
that's just it...your dealer screwed you (based on this data) ...even if he did not have the allocation, if he would have just punched the car into the system with your name - without allocation - you'd be covered.....

·
Registered
283 Posts
that's just it...your dealer screwed you (based on this data) ...even if he did not have the allocation, if he would have just punched the car into the system with your nane - without allocation - you'd be covered.....
I'll have to check on this... Thanks for the info, I'll get back and let you know, haha!

·
18,670 Posts
Again, if you have your six digit order number, starting with a capital letter "R," even if you are status 1,100, you are price protected, unless you now choose to change even a single option on your order.

If you change even one option, you will be subject to today's $1,000 price increase.

It is surmised that the reason things were done this way was to price protect ALL 2014 orders placed after March 3rd, but due to huge demand were not able to be built as 2014's, rendered/became 2015 orders.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If I had an order in, I would go to the dealer/call him and have him print out a workbench with today's date. Unless you are lucky and have a email relationship with him, DON'T EMAIL....go get it....or call voice to voice ( no voicemail) ....Because in 5-6 weeks when he gets the invoice it will be at a higher amount that he has to submit for. And it won't be for a thou, as that's not his dealer invoice cost. And many dealers just get everything confused because frankly, they have a lot of incentives and customers and they lose track. A signature by the GM/GSM/SM on the workbench wouldn't hurt either.

·
Registered
155 Posts
The 2015 price increase may provide some 2014 price support?????

·
Registered
54 Posts
The 2015 price increase may provide some 2014 price support?????
Not sure exactly how you mean this, but in reality it does. So many folks buying at Employee, Supplier, Credit Union discounts they've got to make that back somehow....
Raise the price only to give some of it back. It's the silly rebate mentality that the domestics have been mired in for years.
Technically if you are price protected on a new '15 order you are being supported.

14's were supported to an extent by bringing them to market at a very attractive initial price. Something often done to kick off a new product.
My car, bought at 3K less than new MSRP, + another $3K discount has been nicely supported here...Thanks GM!

Reactions: red1996lt4
1 - 20 of 36 Posts