Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Corvette titled as a 69. The person I bought it from completely restored it but put a 1980 body on it. I would like to have a true body on it. I have found a 1968 body. My question is are the 1969 and 1968 bodies the same? If not, what are the differences?

·
Administrator
15,760 Posts
Welcome to our forum Newcreek. Hopefully one of our C3 owners will be able to help you.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
I believe the bodies are identical. One small difference is on the '68 below the flush outside door handle is a button you must push simultaneously with the handle to open the door. On the '69 this button was eliminated.

·
Registered
313 Posts
From a 68 body to a 69 you will be adding the Stingray side badging rather than removing if going the other way. I would expect adding would be easier than removing so that is a nice plus. Doesn't the rear facia of the 68 have square holes cut in it for back-up lights or are those simple panels that can be replaced.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Yes, the 68 has backup lights below the bumpers. This is a separate piece from the body.

The push button to open the doors on the 68 is also the key hole so it is in the same location as the 69 where it is just the key hole.

This is my 68 (sold) and 70 for comparison.

NCM Insurance 001.JPG

1 - 5 of 5 Posts