Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, newbie here. My son and I bought a 1970 LT1 4-speed convertible project car for him to work on. Has some electrical issues to clear up, like signals and tail lights before it is road worthy. One issue was a new throwout bearing project that we finished, but putting everything back together, I connected some wires that weren’t connected and once I installed the battery, the interior lights came on, slowly faded, and went out. I smelled some plastic burning but couldn’t pinpoint where it was coming from. Now with the battery connected, there is no power to the car at all. Car doesn’t start, no lights, nothing. Car started fine before. What I would like to know is where should I look first. The car started and ran fine before. I think one wire I connected was to the reverse switch on the tranny. There is 12v to the starter. Thanks and I will post all the progress, Ron.

·
Administrator
16,489 Posts
Welcome to our forum Ron. Sounds like a great project for father and son to work on! Hopefully one of our C3 owners will provide some sage advice. Since you still have power to the starter, possibly fried a relay or blew some related fuses. Best of luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts