Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning everyone,

I sold my 1976 Stingray to an overseas buyer. He's checked out the car personally and made all the payments, the only problem is we've been unable to locate the engine number which is necessary to complete the shipment.

Can you guys please let me know where the engine number is located? (According to the buyer this is not the "raised" number which we were able to find, it's supposed to be a "sunk" number which is probably why we haven't found it, there's probably gunk covering it.)

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

FD

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope this is not asking to much, but if anyone has a photo or diagram just I have a visual, that would be great.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi All,

I know I already posted this question, I post again because I'm not car savvy (the Stingray is my father-in-law's).

So if you can please be detailed, where do I find the engine #? Do I look from the top or do I need to get under the car? Do I need to remove anything from the engine so that the # can be seen?

Photos or diagrams are welcomed.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I'm well aware that the question was answered, but like I said, other than how to drive and pump gas, I know very little about cars, so I don't know if something needs to be removed, do I look at it from the top, from under the car...I was just hoping for more details to better assist me in finding the engine #. :)
Thank you,
FD

·
Registered
10,248 Posts
The "block" Johnu was referring to is the engine block. So, you know it is on the front of the block, on the passenger's side of the car (in the U.S. that is the left as you stand in front of the car and face it), and it is just below the head on the engine.

Start by facing the engine from the front while standing, look on front of the engine on the left side, and go down until you see the boundary from the head to the block. Clean just below that and keep looking/cleaning.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts