Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys brand new to the forum. My uncle has an old corvette in his yard that he wants to sell.. we think it’s a 78 stingray.. it was his late sons project that never got finished. Can someone point me in the right direction. It ran when parked and he has title. I think it has original seats.. I didn’t open doors.. we’re not sure what it’s worth. The car is located in Cleveland Texas.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
You might try posting this in the C3 section rather than the C8 one. --Bob

Moderator note: correct. Thread moved.

·
Registered
Owned: '65, '75, '97, '01, '10, '14, now '16 Z06
9,666 Posts
You definitely have your hands full there. A lot of TLC needed.
Depending on your budget and how far you want to go for a partial or full restoration, conservatively, $20,000 - $30,000, and most likely more.

Value as it sits? Not much. Unfortunately those upper year C3's are not much in demand. The money years are the earlier big engine, chrome bumper cars.

Maybe worth $3K, possibly recoup parting out..........maybe.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Hi guys brand new to the forum. My uncle has an old corvette in his yard that he wants to sell.. we think it’s a 78 stingray.. it was his late sons project that never got finished. Can someone point me in the right direction. It ran when parked and he has title. I think it has original seats.. I didn’t open doors.. we’re not sure what it’s worth. The car is located in Cleveland Texas.
Thanks in advance.
Based on the fact that it doesn’t have a fastback window, which debuted in the ‘78 model year, it’s a ‘77 or earlier.

Reactions: jsvette

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks in advance.
You can spend a ton of money trying to fix it up and you will never give it back when you go to sell it

·
Registered
Owned: '65, '75, '97, '01, '10, '14, now '16 Z06
9,666 Posts
Based on the fact that it doesn’t have a fastback window, which debuted in the ‘78 model year, it’s a ‘77 or earlier.
Good catch, the rear end threw me off, that's not stock for those years, still had the sloped down look.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts