Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone - been spending a significant amount of time debating on a summer toy for next year, so looking to order something within the next couple months and wait out the winter......

Z51 Coupe is the way I'd go, and already have a pretty good idea of the options that would be added. The one I am stuck on, is 1LT or 2LT. Seeing as it is a non-daily driver, going to be driven 6-7 months per year, no rain, no snow, etc., I am in spirited debate with myself if I need/want the additional "fluff".
Spending or saving the additional $4k isn't the issue, the way I figure it, when at this price level get what makes you happy. Having said that, if I don't need the additions, why not put the $4k in my pocket or get some really cool wheels down the road-right!?!

So what I'm looking for, why did you go the way you went if in a similar position of trying to decide. Also, once you went that way, any regrets?

If it matters/helps, the things the car would 100% have:
-black wheels
-red painted calipers
-magnetic ride control
-carbon flash mirrors and spoiler
-carbon flash badges
-carbon flash ground effects package(built with it or aftermarket, not sure yet.....)

Thanks for any and all insight.....

·
Administrator
16,281 Posts
Welcome to our forum dlefty! The option level is truly a personal decision and one that can be facilitated by looking at 1LT AND 2LT models in the colors you are considering. You did not mention the target color of the exterior or interior of your pending Z51. That could influence your 1 vs 2LT decision. :cool:

Reactions: KEYSMAN and elegant

·
Registered
10,411 Posts
Do things like memory setting on the seats or Head-Up Display matter to you? Carefully check what changes are made to a car when it is a 2LT, then see if you want them or not.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I went with 1LT. I just wanted the car to go fast. The less computers in the car, the less to go wrong later on.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I actually think 2LT is a bargain for all of the upgrades it contains. I'll be choosing it over 1LT for the following reasons (in order of importance to the decision)

1. Interior colors that I want are not available in 1LT
2. Ventilated seats (I live in Las Vegas!)
3. HUD
4. Universal home remote
5. Memory seats
6. 10 speaker audio upgrade
7. Power bolster and lumbar adjustment

I figured I'm spending this much on my dream car, now's not the time to be frugal.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I was waiting for someone to ask, so here are MY (and only my) reasons for the 1LT (no offense, 2LT-ers!):

1. Console and door panels in interior color- I wanted a yellow convertible w/black seats (right?), so I got the matching black console, matching black door panels, and matching black dash for free.
2. Lumbar/wing adjust- What the hell is that?
3. Heated/vented seats- In Florida w/ac on all the time?
4. Seat emblems- Whoop-de-do! (no one will notice)
5. Bose® premium audio- Ten speakers instead of nine? With the top down? My ears aren't that good.
6. Universal Home Remote- no big deal
7. Auto-dimming mirrors- I'd rather decide for myself.
8. Memory Package- Had before and NEVER used.
9. Color Head-Up Display- Might be nice for $4,000.
10. Sirius satellite radio with one year subscription- such a deal.
11. Enhanced Theft-Deterrent Package- I have insurance for that so it's not my problem. Anyway, I'm in a low crime area.
12. Luggage shade/cargo net- N/A for a convertible.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
445 Posts
A different point of view ....
2LT all the way!
1. Console and door panels in interior color- My car is Blade Silver / Red Interior, looks awesome and get's plenty of nice comments from the public and at car shows.
2. Lumbar/wing adjust- Custom seating / fit is perfect
3. Heated/vented seats- Heated for cool morning / evening drives / vented seats for 90 + degree days. COMFORT.
4. Seat emblems- Not a big deal, but a nice touch.
5. Bose® premium audio- Ten speakers plus subwoofer / you will notice even with the top down.
6. Universal Home Remote- Nice, don't have to carry an ugly garage / gate opener. Integrated in visor, can't get lost. Three options available.
7. Auto-dimming mirrors- Well auto for a reason, one less thing to set or adjust while on the fly. Enjoy the ride.
8. Memory Package- Used every time I get in the car.
9. Color Head-Up Display- Every GM vehicle should have this.
10. Sirius satellite radio with one year subscription- Don't care, I plug in my iPod and rock on.
11. Enhanced Theft-Deterrent Package- Not a big deal.
12. Luggage shade/cargo net- N/A for a convertible.

Here's a link to my photo thread - http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum...orvette-s-photo-thread-blade-silver-love.html

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Well I like the technology and finish of the Z51, 3LT, CRT plus the kitchen sink(attempt at humor). Suffice to say its loaded and will still run when I want it to. After I got the Nav system to train me then I really like the total package. Again its a matter of taste. The leather does smell good. cutnout aka Charlie

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
dlefty, welcome aboard! I guess it all depends on you and how you intend to use your Vette. We all have different reasons for what we have, but we all have one thing in common without a doubt. It's a Chevrolet Corvette StingRay C7 Masterpiece!!! Good luck on your choice and you won't be disappointed.

SF
Rick

·
Registered
Owned: '65, '75, '97, '01, '10, '14, now '16 Z06
9,545 Posts
I opted for the 2LT, had all the conveniences I needed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Great stuff so far, appreciate it. Will be 100% going with a black interior. Included some comments below to talk out loud through it....

Of note, reason I have no interest in navigation, have had in my last several cars, NEVER used it, always use iPhone for that!

Another question, what is the typical re-sale difference being seen on the 1LT vs 2LT?

1. Console and door panels in interior color-going black, so of no impact from what I understand.
2. Lumbar/wing adjust-can see lumbar helping, back in '02 had a real fun S2000, no lumbar there, so use sparingly if available-maybe.
3. Heated/vented seats-summer only car, heating of little use, what's the story with the vent?
4. Seat emblems-serves no functional purpose, so for me personally, if no performance or exterior cosmetic help, don't need.
5. Bose® premium audio-like to crank the tunes, good audio a must, is this much better, or I can always add high end sub, components and an amp.
6. Universal Home Remote-Don't care personally
7. Auto-dimming mirrors-nice for lights in mirror at night, can I control manually?
8. Memory Package-good if 2 primary drivers, if someone else drives once a year, that'd be it.
9. Color Head-Up Display-maybe because I've never had, but if put on the spot, like looking at the gauges in cluster.
10. Sirius satellite radio with one year subscription-have in daily driver, prob won't use in a summer only car.
11. Enhanced Theft-Deterrent Package-Anything significant here? Not really of any importance to me.
12. Luggage shade/cargo net-Cool I guess if I end up needing....

I'm sounding like a 1LT, BUT, don't want or need to be "cheap" with such a great car!

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
With a roadster in Vermont, a little extra heat is always a good thing to have on tap. Heated seats are a near necessity up here, even in totally enclosed cars, outside the summer season. I can justify the 2LT package, but not the 3LT.

What the heck is "mulan" leather? I googled it, and all that came up is Corvettes and Coach women's boots. And a Chinese sofa.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
dlefty, welcome aboard! I guess it all depends on you and how you intend to use your Vette. We all have different reasons for what we have, but we all have one thing in common without a doubt. It's a Chevrolet Corvette StingRay C7 Masterpiece!!! Good luck on your choice and you won't be disappointed.

SF
Rick
Thanks Rick! Happy to be here.

Got the car bug bad again after a many year hiatus. Spent last few months deciding between C7, Nissan GTR, and Porsche Cayman S........before making a decision. C7 just looks so exotic, is loaded with performance, every piece designed to serve a purpose, and targa top off in the warm also a win. GTR is simply the silly fast one of group, real fun, tough to ever lose a street confrontation with that car, but last for me on the looks list, Cayman super fun to drive, reminds me of a previous S2000 I owned but faster.

·
Registered
232 Posts
The option level is truly a personal decision and one that can be facilitated by looking at 1LT AND 2LT models in the colors you are considering. You did not mention the target color of the exterior or interior of your pending Z51. That could influence your 1 vs 2LT decision. :cool:
diefty, jsvette's advice is perfect. Also, CruznCorvette I can't disagree with any of your counterpoints. It shows just how personalized our machines can be while loving them all the same.

·
Registered
914 Posts
I couldn't decide on the 1LT or the 2LT ... so I got out my calculator and added them together and came up with 3LT ... and never looked back! :0)

·
Registered
952 Posts
IF you are going to sell the car in the next 4-5 years, consider the resale value. YOU might like a stripped down vehicle but you are gonna have to find a buyer out there who wants one or you will be stuck with it or have to trade to dealer who has to take it but doesn't have to give you top dollar. Just sayin'...............

·
Registered
292 Posts
Let's see here...Door #1, door #2, or door #3? You are going to do it only once so get it right. Too cheap and you will kick yourself. Too much and you'll figure you wasted the money. Having been faced with decision already I wanted the biggest bang for the buck. Like docprago and cruzncorvette I opted for the 2LT. Just enough features that I will use without going to cheap and later regretting. But again it is a personal choose. Good luck on your decision.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts