Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For all those clamoring for the first pictures of a 2015' Shark Gray StingRay, here they are!

Thanks to "BMBarney" for the pictures.​

Now we look forward to the unveiling of the other new 2015 color, the first Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic StingRay.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
So, what wheels are those?

·
Registered
283 Posts
It's a very pretty color! , I like the new wheels and blacked out emblems as well.

Reactions: elegant

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Above StingRay pictures, especially the top two, are taken on a cloudy or filtered sunlight day, and here, though on a Z06, is how this color looks in direct sunlight.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I'm getting those emblems for mine including the Corvette writing. It looked like the Stingray logo was dark painted to. They will all look good on a CGM with the blk. accents. WOW!!

STUNG

·
Registered
329 Posts
Suzy,
Those are the 2015 Z-51 New Black Machined (option "QCC")

·
Registered
533 Posts
Can someone photoshop those whees to be all black plaese...;)

Reactions: The Rock

·
Registered
257 Posts
Looks not to bad but to dark for my liking. It's not as nice as I thought it would be. Im glad I changed my color choice of blade silver.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
533 Posts
I can't wait to see it in person. I'm not changing my mind on the color but l like the look in sunlight better than in shade. It looks like these pictures where taken with a cell phone and that will also add darkness to the pic. The color on the Z06 is what I love.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I love the subdued color of it. Reminds me of the darker gray paint on MC-130s in the AF. However, it does look very nice in the sun as well. Kinda looks like a different paint all together. I think I'll like the fact that it'll look different depending on the day. You'll know soon enough!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I really like it much better than the Cyber Gray. The lighter shade allows for more pop of the carbon flash accents. I was able to see one while touring the Corvette assembly plant, but no cameras were allowed.

Reactions: FCCCVPMan

·
Registered
97 Posts
Everything I've read says its metallic. I read one post saying it has flecks of blue and silver. I haven't seen it in person like a few others but the Bloomington gold thread has more info.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
307 Posts
wheels for my C7

can you advise where i can obtain the wheels on the "stingrayforums" shark gray pics, re: trip to bowling green? thanks! please PM.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Even though the lighter color allows the vents to "pop" more I think GM made a mistake adding the army gray color and droping Cyber Gray. Every 2014 marketing piece (brochures, video's, mag. adds and event appearances) feature CG. GM discontinued the best color they had for a (in my view) so, so color similar to Blade Silver. Can anyone help me make sense of this thought process?

BTW, I am a extremely proud owner of a beautiful, now rare, Cyber Gray Stingray - a life long dream come true for me!

·
Registered
533 Posts
I can only tell you why I think they made the change. It maybe the same reason I made the change. I had my mind set in the CG because I wanted to get away from black,red,white and blue Vettes I've owned in the past. So gray was a good pick. The problem was some of the opt. I liked would be a waist if money because of little contrast between CG and Carbon Flash. I wanted the CF roof and CF mirrors and spoiler but thought why, you can't see them from a distance. The blend into the car paint. I also think GM knew this and the CG was running its corse because it's been on the C6 for many years. This car needed contrast to show off the lines and Shark Gray will do that. CG is a great looking color, I just thank they wanted something NEW to show off the new opt. and make the car pop.

I'm glad your happy with your pick.

Reactions: adem1534
1 - 17 of 17 Posts